• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

adz

Staff member
'in form' Justin Pasfield would be the guy who completely miss kicked a simple clearance to give Chris Greenacre a goal for Wellington? ...

Yeah everyone makes mistakes, but I'm really not a fan after that one!

Marquee

Looks like the gun was jumped with Pasfeild.

Club responds to Pasfield speculation
Wednesday, 3 November 2010

NQ Fury Chief Executive Rabieh Krayem said; “For the past couple of weeks there has been speculation in the media around what Justin is doing and it has been reported in yesterday and today’s papers that he has signed with the Central Coast Mariners.

“Firstly, Justin has been very upfront with the Club (Fury) in relation to interest other Clubs have shown in him. Justin has spoken to the coaches, myself and Robbie (Middleby) that he is in discussions with Central Coast Mariners about an offer for next year, but at this stage he hasn’t signed with that Club.

“Justin has been very honest with the Club and it’s unfortunate that the story has been leaked out of Sydney somewhere and we’ve had to respond. We appreciate how honest Justin has been with the Club and if he does decide to accept an offer away from the Fury, then he goes with the best wishes of the Club."

When asked if the Fury still hoped to hold onto Justin, Krayem said; “At the moment, we are not in a position to sign, which we are disappointed about and until Justin puts pen to paper, there’s always hope. But at this stage, the Club isn’t able to make any offers to Justin and Justin is aware of that.

“Justin has been completely upfront and honest with the Club and at the end of the day, we know the players have to look after themselves and we respect that.”

Justin Pasfield also fielded questions from the media; “I just want to make one thing clear, speculation happens in football, as it does everything. My commitment is to this club and it will be until the end of this season. What happens at the end of the season is something for my agent to look after, my full focus is on the Fury and getting us to the Top 6 and into our first Finals series.

I am talking to Central Coast but that doesn’t distract me one bit. My full focus is on the weekend, as we are playing them (Central Coast) here and for me it’s a massive game, as it is for the team and the whole club.

“I will always have a soft spot for this club, whether I stay or go. I’ve had the opportunity to play here and I don’t think I would have had offers from others if I didn’t come to the Fury.”

When asked what it would take to keep him at club, Justin replied; “Like Rabieh said, they are not in a position to talk at the moment, so at the end of the day, you have to think about what’s right for you, what’s good for your family, perhaps being closer to home – there are a thousand things you need to tick off before you put pen to paper.”

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36368

dibo

Good on Pasfield and NQFC. That's a good press release and I think it does the right thing in giving a kicking to the FFA while saying to everyone that everyone's interested in the best outcome for both player and club.

timmers

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36671

In an article about yesterday's game...

'..Young New Zealander Michael McGlinchey, who has been offered a new deal by the club, had another good game down the right flank and had a glorious chance to opening the scoring in the 11th minute...'

Lets hope he stays!!!!

cbowden9000

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36671

In an article about yesterday's game...

'..Young New Zealander Michael McGlinchey, who has been offered a new deal by the club, had another good game down the right flank and had a glorious chance to opening the scoring in the 11th minute...'

Lets hope he stays!!!!

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

cbowden9000

Arnold keen to keep McGlinchey in Gosford
Fred Woodcock
November 14, 2010 - 10:34AM
NZPA

Central Coast have made an offer to All Whites midfielder Michael McGlinchey which coach Graham Arnold hopes will keep him at Gosford beyond the current A-League season.

McGlinchey has been in fine form throughout the season and was the best New Zealand player on show when the Mariners thumped Wellington Phoenix 3-0 on Westpac Stadium on Saturday night.

A move to the right side of midfield has worked wonders for the Wellington-born player, who is enjoying more space out wide and the opportunity to create goalscoring opportunities away from the rigours of a more central role.

Advertisement: Story continues below
McGlinchey, the youngest player to play for Scottish side Celtic, is off-contract at the end of this season but Arnold said an offer had been made and he was desperate to keep the 23-year-old.

"Like all A-League clubs there is a salary cap and a budget, but I'd love to keep Mikey," he said.

"I'm sure (Phoenix and All Whites coach) Ricki Herbert will be keen as well, so tell him to stay away, will you?"

Arnold said McGlinchey, a key player in their rise to third in the league, had been "fantastic".

"The role on the right hand side frees him up and he's got a lot of confidence at the moment," he said.

"New Zealand have got a great player there and he might not look it, but he's only 23.

"Technically he's great and he's got confidence to have a go at people and set up goals."

Arnold described the win as his side's best away performance but felt they still had a lot of improvement in them and were not yet ready to challenge the top two sides, Brisbane and Adelaide.

"We'll just keep trying to improve every week," Arnold said.

"We've got no stars, I don't want any stars, we've just got blokes who are prepared to go out there and work hard for 90 minutes, and carry out the game plan."

Arnold said believed the Phoenix were potentially suffering a World Cup hangover but tipped they would soon bounce back.

"Leo (Bertos) and (Ben) Sigmund and (Simon) Elliott even in now, Timmy Brown, they've come off the back of a World Cup and they've been playing pretty much straight for 12 months, which is new to them," Arnold said.

"But it's only a matter of time. I'd hate to be their next opponent."

http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/arnold-keen-to-keep-mcglinchey-in-gosford-20101114-17sh8.html

Stay with us Glinch!!!

Muppet

Definitely need to keep him!! I would hate to lose him but I suspect that it may prove difficult though. Given his form this season I am sure he is going to attract a lot of attention from a number of A League clubs as well as O/S clubs. It will come down how happy he is here and whether we cough up the right amount of money. No deep pockets like The Jets and Gold Coast unfortunately.

nero

I can understand the reasoning with letting Doig go, but who do we have to fill in for Wilko or Dutchie if either one of them is unjured? I think we would have to replace Doig but who?
Agree.
There are alot of if's, but if Doig is happy to stay on the bench waiting for injuries and ccm can get him at a good price, why would you get rid of him when he can slot in for wilko or dutchy?
There isn't two many young strong central backs in the a league who could fill this role.
Then again, if he is taking up a foreign spot for another (injury free) perez get him rid!

cbowden9000

Agree.
There are alot of if's, but if Doig is happy to stay on the bench waiting for injuries and ccm can get him at a good price, why would you get rid of him when he can slot in for wilko or dutchy?

Because he takes up a visa spot is a waste for a substitute. Arnie even said that himself. This is especially important now that they are reducing the visa spots from 5 to 4.

We've got Doig, Zwaanswijk, Perez and McGlinchey (not sure about Glinch cause he switched to NZ. Anyone know?) So if we drop Doig we can get a foreign first team player, hopefully a pacy striker Alex Terra style.

garlo

Dutchy might retire after next season so maybe sacrificing a visa spot to keep a proved quality cb in doig for the season after ...have him as injury replacement for now and next season and if patty retires chuck him in ...knows the club the fans and the way the coach and players work ...just an idea

Forum Phoenix

Dutchy is the best defender in the league, doesn't get injured and will definitely be offered another contract.
So why on earth would he retire next year? No question he will still be able to perform, and there's still good paycheques to collect and first team football to be played? Surely will make the most of it and at least be up for one more season.

mariners4ever

Dutchy is the best defender in the league, doesn't get injured and will definitely be offered another contract.
So why on earth would he retire next year? No question he will still be able to perform, and there's still good paycheques to collect and first team football to be played? Surely will make the most of it and at least be up for one more season.

why do you think he may continue ? who knows, he may even retire at the end of this year...

garlo

I said after next season ....year and a half from now he could be the most washed up player in the aleague who knows what is gonna happen to anyone ...just saying don't get rid of doig just yet

Forum Phoenix

why do you think he may continue ? who knows, he may even retire at the end of this year...

yes of course he "may" retire. And I already stated most of the reasons in my previous post that you quoted.
But additionally, he is supposedly very happy on the coast and lets be clear pro football is a pretty bloody good way to earn a coin - and many players want to stay on the ride for as long as is viable. Another season for Dutchy (at least) certainly looks viable imo.

Forum Phoenix

I said after next season ....year and a half from now he could be the most washed up player in the aleague who knows what is gonna happen to anyone ...just saying don't get rid of doig just yet

Sorry Garlo I did miss the after "next" season. I also agree on Doig, very decent cover - unless we have youth coming through who could also do the job just as well and have the potential to develop to a higher level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred