• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Big Al

Izzo on fire. Top diving save off the deflection, then the penalty save followed by second save (pretty easy) on the rebound play. If he could stop free kicks and use his feet he’d be a very good keeper

Big Al

7mins added on. Wow. I thought our 5mins was bad last week.

AU down to 9 with 10 to go and hang on 2-1 with Izzo making another save at the death off a header from his own player.

Commentator it’s his best game in the A League. Cross comes in and he spills it.

sydmariner

Independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee Determination: Avram Papadopoulos
The Football Federation Australia (FFA) independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee comprising John Marshall SC (Chair), Anthony Lo Surdo SC and Robert Wheatley (the Committee) today delivered their determination in the matter of Avram Papadopoulos (the Player) of Brisbane Roar FC.

The matter was referred to the Committee by the independent Match Review Panel for hearing and determination whether, having regard to all the circumstances, the Player had committed the offence of “Spitting at a player” (Offence), and if so, what sanction should be imposed.

The Committee determined that the Player had committed the Offence and must serve a suspension of seven (7) Hyundai A-League matches.
The Minimum Sanction for the Offence is six (6) matches.

As the Player has already served his Mandatory Match Suspension in Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 9 match against Western Sydney Wanderers FC on Saturday, 2 December 2017, the Player will be will be ineligible for Brisbane Roar FC’s matches in Rounds 10 to 15.

The Player will be eligible to return for Brisbane Roar FC’s Round 16 match against the Newcastle Jets scheduled for 12 January 2017.

If the Player wishes to appeal the determination of the Committee, he must advise FFA of his intention to do so within 7 days of receiving the written determination.

Tevor

Scummers very, very lucky. Two weeks in a row Glory parked the bus & it bit them in the arse.
Did you see Nichols after the game, he was walking around giving his team a spray and in his interview could barely hold back the tears and emotions of losing a game they should have won are at the very least drawn.

MagpieMariner

Did you see Nichols after the game, he was walking around giving his team a spray and in his interview could barely hold back the tears and emotions of losing a game they should have won are at the very least drawn.
He probably lost his plastic bag. :cool:

Big Al

The Sydney FC VAR is working well again tonight.
They are having laugh now.
Just watched the highlights.
Bobo racked his foot down muscat leg and the VAR said yes we looked at it but unsure if it’s a yellow or a red. It was a grey area. It wasn’t serious mis-incident.

If unsure go to the ref and show him. Let him make the decision. I hate this second persons opinion.

Oh my that is as red as they come. Off the ball and deliberate.

Muscut is a dirty prick and his elbow was definitely red

Holy

Hopefully the MRP deal with it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel for Mucat and City in a way, if the VAR dealt with Bobo, then I doubt Mucat gets a red. You could just see after that incident he was going to get square.

The VAR goal decision was correct although you have to wonder at the AR, he's right on the spot. Still don't like the VAR though, would rather live with the human error.

Big Al

I feel for Mucat and City in a way, if the VAR dealt with Bobo, then I doubt Mucat gets a red. You could just see after that incident he was going to get square.

The VAR goal decision was correct although you have to wonder at the AR, he's right on the spot. Still don't like the VAR though, would rather live with the human error.
Goal line technology is where it should be used and nothing else.

Also VAR is shifting the blame from the ref to the video ref. We no longer go what is the ref doing. We expect mediocrity and expect the video to fix it. The system is flawed.

The ref should have seen the muscut elbow it was right in front of him.

We got some horrible calls or non calls last year but when Hoole gets stomped on, they have it on video and ignore it that is so much more frustrating than the ref making an error at full pace with no reaction time.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It seems that nothing has brought the integrity of the referees into question more than the VAR has. And it's funny how often Srebre seems to be at the centre of it. Previously I thought he was one of the few referees with some actual courage. Now? It's like being distanced from the field means he isn't even pretending to be impartial.

Everybody has seen that there appears to be a clear hierarchy of which clubs benefit from VAR decisions.

This is the 2nd time bobo has gotten away with a blatant red card offence. There was no debate about this one - it's a red card.

Of course, the question also is - why didn't the AR on that end stop it? One of the first things you learn as an AR (and a 4th official) is to constantly be scanning the field for off-the-ball incidents. 2 players behind play coming together, watch them not the ball. How is it that we've always had soooo many off-the-ball incidents missed by all the officials?

Muscat's red card - yeah, that's definitely a red, although the bloke he elbowed took a disgusting dive too. I've seen in the AFL where they've suspended players for feigning injury - and the great thing in that sport is they'll do it when there's contact, simply by making a reasonable judgement. Of course, it should have been spotted live.

While Muscat is wholly responsible for his actions, the referees and coaches need to consider that there is a serious, match-changing error by the refereeing team which has led to the victim of the first offence getting themselves sent off. By any measure that's an absolutely horrendous outcome. One of the worst impacts on the game you can have as a referee.

I just watched it - the AR wasn't on the spot. He was about level with the 2nd last line of defence, but didn't move when the ball was kicked and instead got caught ball watching - he should have started moving (I suspect he thought it was going over). He SHOULD have been right on the line, but he got lazy and wasn't. One would hope he gets reamed for that, but I no longer have any faith in their accountability.

He wasn't on the line until after it bounced out. AR shouldn't indicate goal unless he's 100% certain.

I can accept that when a shot is taken from distance and the AR is 20 yards off the goal line (but in correct position) he has no chance of getting there, but he should have spotted this one. This was the sort of thing the VAR is good for - but bear in mind that the camera is also a terrible angle for this; even if there is grass between the bottom of the ball and the line it may still be on the line.
I think this one was correct, but had it been closer it would have been highly controversial either way.

Let's also look at Sydney's penalty. Ref is there clearly telling players to stay out of the box. A SFC player is literally standing IN FRONT of the referee, several yards into the box, when the ball is kicked.

It's like these idiots are having a competition to see who can treat our beloved sport with the most contempt.

I'm already worried to see how much the VAR will screw up our game tonight.

Holy

image.png

The AR isn't level with the 2nd last line of defence, he looks pretty close (maybe 1 step away) from being right on the line.

I don't disagree with the rest of what you have said.

I really don't like the VAR at all. I can accept the human element of decisions by referees.

The VAR has yet to convince me that it gets all or even most controversial decisions correct. More so it has created more controversy.

I don't want the referees in our game to not be at the top of their game. Much like players and coaches, I want them to analyse their performance, train hard and become better at their profession, not just pass off making a decision to the VAR. As Big Al said, the system is flawed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred