• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

17/18 Other A-League Games

Rowdy

The Plastics v Roar kick of Season 13 tonight, thought it would be good to have a thread for all other non- CCM games for this season.

Rowdy

Melb City line-up:

Galekovic
Schenkeveld
Coach:
Warren Joyce.

Brisbane Roar line-up:

Theo
Briwn

Big Al

Jamo on bench Jackobsen playing LB a bit wierd

Don't like City being more defensive. There games used to be a certainty for goals usually 2-3 minimum now looks like that won't be happening

Rowdy

Jamo on bench Jackobsen playing LB a bit wierd
- Don't like City being more defensive.
Cant get more defensive than with x4 CB's in your back 4 :p

Jakobsen at LB because Joyce thinks Jamieson not quite ready for 90mins

Pirate Pete

I love City's all sky blue shirt. Looks great. I hope Sydney FC are spewin'.

Yeah I thought the same. I'm surprised the sports news tonight wasn't SFC going for a last minute high court injunction to stop them playing in those colours

Rowdy

FFA approved it ages ago, The Plastics just cant call or refer to themselves in any commercial setting/advertising as the 'Sky Blues' ..... as SydFC claimed and were awarded that right.

Rowdy

Nice finish on the goal from Kamau, who's struggled to both find his feet and inject himself into the game.

Couldn't really argue for offside interference from Schenkenveld
- Kalfallah was blocking Theo's view just as equally and he was never going to save it with zero movement from Theo at point of contact of the strike.

McCormack looks the better in the battle of the x2 foreign Strikers. The Scot is the busier & is presenting well to recieve all along the front third from the City Midfielders.

Maccarone some nice touches.

Brisbane could sorely do with a Holman out there for some clever through balls for him.

Big Al

Was hard to watch that one.

City controlled the game and some Bruce Kamau magic the difference.

Roar were pretty ordinary and Maccorone was isolated. Holman and Kristensen big losses. They need there Frenchman ASAP

JoyfulPenguin

They still have the red and white away shirt.
The use it the least they possibly can, City only wear it against Sydney and Wellington. Plus they promised they wouldn't change it when they first took over. If you wonder way City don't get crowds it's because they betrayed the majority of their fans for corporate synergy.

Wombat

City were impressive and Brisbane look lame. I see a top 3 finish for City and bottom 3 for Brisbane.

McCormack still looks like a great player....looks like a fit Charlie Miller!
Fitsy was even excellent tonight, although he f**ked up alot as usual he was also very dangerous as was Bratten. Mauk was average and will only get better.
Jade North still looks good and the young Afghan boy that came on for Bris looks like a real prospect.

Wombat

The use it the least they possibly can, City only wear it against Sydney and Wellington. Plus they promised they wouldn't change it when they first took over. If you wonder way City don't get crowds it's because they betrayed the majority of their fans for corporate synergy.

No disrespect to the original 5000 red and white fans but you were always an ordinary side with piss poor support.

Imbrace the City journey.

JoyfulPenguin

No disrespect to the original 5000 red and white fans but you were always an ordinary side with piss poor support.

Imbrace the City journey.
And City is doing better? Heart could have easily remained, there were three other prospective owners who wanted to keep the colours and name. People want a club not a colonial outpost.

Wombat

You had nothing.
No support and no performance. What was worth keeping?

The only bonus was the Mariners got you.........and i'm not joking...you have been a superb addition.

Rowdy

Kamau earned the 3pnts & MOM
... but Fitzy for me was the standout in City's line-up and if not for Bruce's x2 goals would of got the 3pnts.
- 2 pnts Kamau
- 1pnt Bratten
(If Kamau only bagged 1 goal, I thought Calletti was worth a point in Roar's midfield - worked his arse off and made Matt McKay look past it)

City are absolutely stacked with Midfield talent this year with Carrusca & young Daniel Arzani waiting in the wings
..... & we're yet to see the new Polish midfielder Marcin Budziński

They'll go to another level again when their hot-headed Little General - Neil Kilkenny returns, pushing Osama Malik back to the bench.

New Dutch signing Bart Schenkeveld, looks solid in both build and ability in central defence, and was given a personal tick of approval from Trent Sainsbury on his announcenent.

Again, a plethora of options in the CB position with Jakobsen to most likely partner him with Tongyik competing hard against them, throw in Muscat and Ossy Malik as additional options in both CB & DM roles that they've both filled easily in the past.

All in all, MASS competition for places at City this year and if Joyce persists with playing a 4-3-3 , Tim Cahill will struggle to find a spot if McCormack is scoring consistently.

JoyfulPenguin

You had nothing.

The only bonus was the Mariners got you.........and i'm not joking...you have been a superb addition.
However terrible Heart may have been, and we were shambolic at times, they were still my club. A club that tried to build a culture and failed, tried to give youth a chance, before we sold them all off for a pittance once they showed an talent what so ever. A club were I made friends, hugged strangers and created memories. A club who couldn't get anything right but a club that represented Melbourne not the brand of a club on the other side of the globe. We were average, had wheelie bin ice baths and Michael Mifsud but we still represented Melbourne. We asked and begged for a small concession created fliers and petitioned, keep Red & White at home and you can do anything else but CFG couldn't give less of a shit and while lying to the supporters faces saying they would they went to the FFA and asked for sky blue. Then when they couldn't get that they still wouldn't give it to us, putting us in a Manchester City third kit with Victory colours on it. CFG couldn't give less of a shit about what the people of Melbourne want in a football club, all they want is to promote Manchester.

JoyfulPenguin

You had nothing.

Haha thanks Wombat, I'm loving supporting the Mariners and it's always great to chat with you all on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami