• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Winter season FUTSAL

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bearinator said:
was at least 1 minute, assholes

you can, however, slide to block a shot, as long as you dont actually slide tackle the player, as such. eg sliding 1 metre away in front of a bloke shooting to deflect his shot

Correct.  Or you can also slide to challenge a loose ball - although the ref can still decide that you were dangerous, careless or whatever.

Kareem

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Bearinator said:
was at least 1 minute, assholes

you can, however, slide to block a shot, as long as you dont actually slide tackle the player, as such. eg sliding 1 metre away in front of a bloke shooting to deflect his shot

Correct.  Or you can also slide to challenge a loose ball - although the ref can still decide that you were dangerous, careless or whatever.
no disrespect but those scenarios arent slide 'tackles'
they are slides
so the defining aspect IMO should be whether the slide is considered a tackle (which in those scenarios it clearly isnt)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You're correct kareem - though that's precisely why Bear and I mentioned those scenarios, to clarify exactly what is meant and what's allowed - the exact term in the law isn't 'slide tackle' it's 'sliding in to tackle an opponent' (well, something like that....I know it says sliding!).

Personally, I'd consider a slide for a 50-50 loose ball to be a tackle too, but under the current application of Futsal law it isn't to be, so oh well.

Davo

BAD BULLZ said:
Will this be like the "trial" last comp that then becomes a comp game  :headbutt:

Haha yeah I'm sure it will be counted as a comp game.

Are you guys playing Div 1 or 2?

Davo

How did Team AWESOME and Team MODEST go last night?  I hope you are both playing Div 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred