• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Winter season FUTSAL

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No it's not Kareem, a slide tackle (only when an opponent has possession already) is only an automatic direct free kick, not an automatic caution.  If it's a particularly heavy one, breaks up an attack, or sends the opponent flying then that's probably going to earn you a caution.

Still, considering a slide tackle is a pretty blatant breach of the laws, if the ref wants to caution that for its own sake then that's his call, but there's nothing in the laws about it being a mandatory caution.

Actually, speaking of screwups, I should've sent off a player at that gala day for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity when he, the last man, slid to take the ball off an opponent right in front of goal.  Oh well.

Kareem

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
No it's not Kareem, a slide tackle (only when an opponent has possession already) is only an automatic direct free kick, not an automatic caution.  If it's a particularly heavy one, breaks up an attack, or sends the opponent flying then that's probably going to earn you a caution.

Still, considering a slide tackle is a pretty blatant breach of the laws, if the ref wants to caution that for its own sake then that's his call, but there's nothing in the laws about it being a mandatory caution.

Actually, speaking of screwups, I should've sent off a player at that gala day for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity when he, the last man, slid to take the ball off an opponent right in front of goal.  Oh well.
huh
well i guess i got screwed
EDIT: well it broke up attack
but isnt that the point of slide tackles?
Please clarify?
I mean i didnt touch the player but by getting the ball (even though it was clean)- i definately nullifed their attack

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Kareem - it's like the old 'tactical foul' in outdoor.  Sure, any foul is supposed to stop the other team from gaining field position/possession - but if there's a big advantage that's lost (say, a player is held or tripped when he's got a lot of space in front of him, or he's foulled to stop him receiving the ball when it's in a great position, or foulled to stop him sending the ball to somebody who's in a great field position) it tends to have a much more sigificant impact than your average foul - and such ones are usually deliberate fouls by somebody happy to 'take one for the team', so to speak, to stop the other team having what could be a big advantage.

While Futsal is a much, much smaller - and much more crowded - field, the principle still applies.

Make any sense?

Kareem

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Kareem - it's like the old 'tactical foul' in outdoor.  Sure, any foul is supposed to stop the other team from gaining field position/possession - but if there's a big advantage that's lost (say, a player is held or tripped when he's got a lot of space in front of him, or he's foulled to stop him receiving the ball when it's in a great position, or foulled to stop him sending the ball to somebody who's in a great field position) it tends to have a much more sigificant impact than your average foul - and such ones are usually deliberate fouls by somebody happy to 'take one for the team', so to speak, to stop the other team having what could be a big advantage.

While Futsal is a much, much smaller - and much more crowded - field, the principle still applies.

Make any sense?
i guess so

i mean to defend the refs decision (how weird) I guess you could possibly (correct me if I am way off here), compare it to handball to break up attack.
In outdoor (and indoor) under no circumstances is a player to handball, so when done in defensive scenario its (almost always) a yellow card.
In indoor the slide tackle is not allowed under any circumstances- so perhaps thats why ref felt need to caution straight away (i'm pretty sure he acknowledged i made no contact, but still gave card).

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Kareem - I wouldn't say that a defensive deliberate handball is almost always a yellow card - it needs to break up a significant attack.  ie if there's another defender 10 yards behind the foulling player, then there isn't really much of an attack, so no caution.  If the nearest defender is 30-40 yeards away, then it's a bit different, make sense?

But yes, it is the same as a 'deliberate handball to break up an attack' - really, any foul to break up an attack should be treated the same, handball or otherwise.

As the foul of a slidetackle disposses the player of the ball, you wouldn't need to touch him to earn a caution for it (not that a foul needs to touch a player in outdoor to earn a card either, but it's a bit different).

As with all things, different referees will have different levels of leniency and strictness with cautioning for a slide tackle.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I figured there might be others on here playing Futsal who aren't too sure about slide tackles, or what may make one warrant a caution - that's why I decided to keep it public as opposed to switching to PM.  Figured it might help stop somebody else thinking 'wtf?' if they do the same thing as Kareem and get cautioned - or if they do it and don't get cautioned!

Kareem

+1
it is a confusing thing
i heard some futsal refs talkin about (and i think they were referring to either dinamo or real, or perhaps both) how players get extremley frustrated by getting called up for incidents that are allowable in outdoor. So it seems I'm not the only player here who has difficulties in the transition between indoor and outdoor (I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw a blue card).
Would you prefer a different topic Jimmy?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

blue card?  Sorry, what?  What the hell is a blue card, and what's it used for?

Futsal LOTG only uses yellow and red cards.

There are a few different law changes between outdoor and Futsal - and in terms of challenges, Futsal will be a lot, lot stricter than outdoor.

Jimmy

Basically if you slide tackle when someone is around you regardless of whether or not you make contact you will get a foul against you.

The severity and location of the tackle would determine whether or not you get a card. (also taking into account if your a "special team" or not)

Yellow card = warning.

red card = player cannot play the remainder of the game, no ban is warrented, team can field a new player after 2 minutes.

blue card = player cannot play the remainder of the game and gets a further ban. The spare player coming onto the field is where it gets confusing, I think you can field someone after two minutes, as long as the other team can have the same amount of players as you. eg: your fielding 4 while they have 5, then you can put someone on. But if they only have 4 players, than you cannot.
Or maybe it's just niagra park f**king with us again.

Gopher of Pern

Jimmy said:
Basically if you slide tackle when someone is around you regardless of whether or not you make contact you will get a foul against you.

The severity and location of the tackle would determine whether or not you get a card. (also taking into account if your a "special team" or not)

Yellow card = warning.

red card = player cannot play the remainder of the game, no ban is warrented, team can field a new player after 2 minutes.

blue card = player cannot play the remainder of the game and gets a further ban. The spare player coming onto the field is where it gets confusing, I think you can field someone after two minutes, as long as the other team can have the same amount of players as you. eg: your fielding 4 while they have 5, then you can put someone on. But if they only have 4 players, than you cannot.
Or maybe it's just niagra park f**king with us again.

Lol

Never mind the Ref's never see deflections off of people.....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Righto, so a 'blue card' is a 'more serious red card offence'.

Life would be so much simpler for everybody if venues actually stuck to the laws of the game....

Anyway, the replacement player for red cards is as follows:-

-After being sent off, a player is replaced after 2min
-If the opposing team scores within those 2min, this player can be replaced at thattime
-If that team has 2 players sent off, only one can be replaced at the first goal
-The number of players of the opposition has no bearing on this (90% certain of this)
-If the player being sent off reduces that team to below 3 players, the match is abandoned

I've also heard that Niagara Park don't really bother with the 'keeper 2 touch' rule, or the 4 seconds restart of play rule.

But heck, the venue I ref at doesn't bother with accumulated fouls for Div 2...aargh

BAD BULLZ

Kareem said:
+1
it is a confusing thing
i heard some futsal refs talkin about (and i think they were referring to either dinamo or real, or perhaps both) how players get extremley frustrated by getting called up for incidents that are allowable in outdoor. So it seems I'm not the only player here who has difficulties in the transition between indoor and outdoor (I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw a blue card).
Would you prefer a different topic Jimmy?
We complain bout the slide tackle not because we dont know the rules but we complain cause its force of habit to slide i'll dispute a slide every time knowing full well its not allowed if you dont where pink but you do it anyway.

tbf bears was 15seconds

And as for the whos off for how long for different coloured card everytime i ve witnessed cards at niagra theres a different penalty EVERY time.

Ted

Team ALLIANCE
Ted, Scotty, Bry, Andy, Kareem & Yahya?

I'll be playing on Monday night (as long as our game is not at 7pm)

Is Yahya ok to play yet Kareem?

Kareem

will get back to you but if you need to organise subs he isnt playing atm.
He is currently unavailable sunday due to injury.
Someone said about last season players not needing to reregister.
If that is the case then if you want I could grab a player from my old team (or 2 if its 7pm) to fill in this week- unless you have someone else in mind?

BAD BULLZ

Force of habbit to slide (win the ball clean) then complain when you get penalized even tho you know your not allowed to do it but believe you should be allowed cause it was all good and clean as per outdoor rules :pirate:

Some kid steppes on bears toe bears slapped him some old bloke slaps bear both teams down to 4 for rest of game :headbutt:

Bear

was at least 1 minute, assholes

you can, however, slide to block a shot, as long as you dont actually slide tackle the player, as such. eg sliding 1 metre away in front of a bloke shooting to deflect his shot

Ted

Kareem said:
will get back to you but if you need to organise subs he isnt playing atm.
He is currently unavailable sunday due to injury.
Someone said about last season players not needing to reregister.
If that is the case then if you want I could grab a player from my old team (or 2 if its 7pm) to fill in this week- unless you have someone else in mind?

Sue mate if ya wanna grab a sub for the game. Wish they'd let us know the times we are playing before monday gets here though....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred