• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

offtheball

CCF Chairman said:
offtheball said:
Geoff can you please let us know why only a select few schools were invited to the CCF's annual Primary School's Gala Day.
l
Apparently this day/days was/ were held sometime over the last six weeks. I know of at least six schools that were not invited to participate.

If the Summer Sixes competition, with half page ads and associated pdf files, can be advertised on the non functional web site why can't the annual Primary Scools Gala Day be given a mention?

Sorry Marinersman, same topic, but the original excuse about a new web site in 2010 does not cut it when the website is still being used erratically when it suits. Again no crticism of any CCF volunteers.
Normally the schools that are invited are the ones that are involved in our community program. Having said that - no schools are excluded but numbers naturally have to be limited. Sometimes the principal declines the invitation without the other teachers/students even knowing. Other times there is no response from the school and eventually the place could be offered somewhere else. Is it a case of six schools wanting to enter and not being able to get in? This is an event that normally fills up very quickly and does not need to advertise for teams.

PM me with the list of the six schools you say were not invited, and I will get an answer on each of them for you.

I'll start with three that definately wanted to enter and were not given the opportunity. The other three I heard second hand and will hold back on them till I can confirm.

St Mary's Primary School Toukley
St Patrick's East Gosford
Our Lady of the Rosary Wyoming

Ted

Interesting how newbies join the forum and instantly go straight to this thread to have a whinge about CCF, how did they know it was here? Coincidence? Luck? Multi?

hasbeen

Newbies or not .. everyone has a right to their opinion ..

Ted, maybe you can tell us why the CCF website should devote space to a Summer Sixes advert rather than the Local Comp Finals?

offtheball

Have now spoken to two principals and 2 sports coordinators about the CCF Gala Day, they confirm they have heard nothing from CCF but lots from parents of children wondering why their children are not involved.

Mackillop Catholic College Warnervale.
St John The Baptist Woy Woy (Haven't had this one confirmed but 99% sure)
St John Fisher Tumbi Umbi
St Brendan's Lake Munmorah

dru

Maybe the catholic schools should organise their own gala day. Was any religious school involved?

offtheball

dru said:
Maybe the catholic schools should organise their own gala day. Was any religious school involved?

Yes they were. Yes they always have been.

Didn't realise CCF was a secular organisation.

CCF Chairman

I can confirm that EVERY primary school on the Central Coast, public or private, large or small was invited - as they are every year.

offtheball

CCF Chairman said:
I can confirm that EVERY primary school on the Central Coast, public or private, large or small was invited - as they are every year.

Someone is telling you fibs.

Why would these schools lie about not receiving an invitation.

They have regularly participated in the past and wished to participate this year.

The parents of the children in these schools anticipate being involved.

It does not make sense that 6 and probably more schools have lied about being invited.

Ted

hasbeen said:

Ted, maybe you can tell us why the CCF website should devote space to a Summer Sixes advert rather than the Local Comp Finals?

I am not denying them of their opinion or the right to express it, I just find it a huge coincidence they join the Mariners supporters forum to only post in this thread. I wonder how they even found the thread to begin with without someone they know telling them to join up and have a rant. Wonder if they also took the time to send an email off to CCF expressing their concerns?

Yes I agree CCF should have finals info on the the website. But your rec club should be providing you with this info as well.

hasbeen

i think you're mssing the point here Ted. If I want specific info about my club then I will use my club's website, but for general info about the association then I would expect the CCF to have at least some info on the local comp, especially for people not necessarily associated with a club who would like to know Finals details. The fact that the Summer Sixes takes precedence over the local comp on the CCF website smacks of money making and not what we the clubs pay for in our Winter comp. I hate to harpon here, but the CCF seem to treat the Clubs simply as both a cash cow and a necessary evil. I would still like someone to answer me this ... why do we (every player from U5 to G45) pay a Pluim Park levy as part of our rego ...?

bilo

Ted said:
hasbeen said:

I am not denying them of their opinion or the right to express it, I just find it a huge coincidence they join the Mariners supporters forum to only post in this thread. I wonder how they even found the thread to begin with without someone they know telling them to join up and have a rant. Wonder if they also took the time to send an email off to CCF expressing their concerns?

Yes I agree CCF should have finals info on the the website. But your rec club should be providing you with this info as well.

Ted,  I did sign up yesterday after a mate pointed out that this is a place where you can give an opinion on the performance of CCF.  No hidden agenda, just want them to do better in promoting things like the grand final day this Sunday.

Maybe the Chairman can get them to put something on their website as I see he reads it.

woodchuck

There is a link on the CCF website for Premier League, sadly the only information on there is 12 months OLD.
Seriously how hard is it to put a note on the front page saying
'Final series for all coast teams now on at Pluim Park Lisarow !
Mens premier League Final this Sunday 2.45pm Berkeley Vale v's Wyoming.  Christ, they can even cut and paste from here !!!!

The Smart one

You can harp on for years before and future years about the ccf, once the broom is put through the organisation totally then hopefully you will see results, when I drive past Pluim park I see a run down facility with dirty aged signage and only reflects on the people who run it.

dibo

The Smart one said:
You can harp on for years before and future years about the ccf, once the broom is put through the organisation totally then hopefully you will see results, when I drive past Pluim park I see a run down facility with dirty aged signage and only reflects on the people who run it.

easy to say, but a football association is a function of all of its members. the culture of the association reflects the culture of its constituent clubs. it reflects on the members.

there's no such thing as a perfect football association and the only thing that can improve them is good people rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in. if people are happier to snipe than to get themselves and other people involved in improving matters, then there can be and will be no improvement.

The Smart one

so what your saying is the clubs are responsible for appointing the previous ccf board and general manager and who if you did not know put the association in severe debt. You try telling the clubs that, that comes back to my original comment, a run down facility. The clubs only ask for transparency on record.

dibo

What I'm saying is that if people wash their hands of it and say 'oh, well if we put a broom through the place it'll be alright after that' then they're going to be disappointed.

People need to be interested and involved with the association and motivated by the best interests of the association rather than their particular patch - be it their team, their club, their mates or whatever. Without a group of organised and well intentioned people nothing can change.

In the event that the general manager, staff or directors are not doing the right thing by the association then by all means something should be done, but just putting a broom through the joint won't fix the fundamentals. The people who are there at any given time aren't never the entire problem and getting rid of any person can never be a complete solution.

woodchuck

Who's asking for a broom to go through the place ? I've seen a number of posts simply asking that there website be used to service the football community, and a response of "it will be overhauled in 2010" is not good enough, it's 2009 ffs!  Not a single mention anywhere about finals, this Sunday we have both MPL and WPL Grand finals taking place. I mean come on ! Does the new GM know excactly what he has got himself into ?

dibo

woodchuck said:
Who's asking for a broom to go through the place?

The Smart one said:
once the broom is put through the organisation totally then hopefully you will see results

woodchuck said:
I've seen a number of posts simply asking that there website be used to service the football community, and a response of "it will be overhauled in 2010" is not good enough, it's 2009 ffs!  Not a single mention anywhere about finals, this Sunday we have both MPL and WPL Grand finals taking place. I mean come on ! Does the new GM know excactly what he has got himself into ?

just on the website, let's be practical for a moment here.

for the front page of the site with announcements and whatnot, there are small bits of content that are easy to do immediately and i'll let the CCF folks account for that, but the back end stuff is nowhere near as simple as some people seem to think it is.

the websites of many/most other associations are based on an entire competitions management software package. these things take time to choose (you don't want to fork over thousands for a complete lemon) and then to set up and maintain.

it's all very well saying 'make it better' but if you can't accept the time it takes to make it better then there's no pleasing you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred