• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

Swampy

Hiya all, after reading countless postings of inaccurate information, incorrect  answers and totally misinformed comments I have decided that I would start a new thread called "What's The Score" to answer questions on competitions and draws.

Please note that this is not a bagging session on the CCF (there appears to be plenty of those), but a place where you can ask legitimate questions and get honest answers.  Remember with about 14000 bosses to please, sometimes honest answers are not the ones you wanted to hear.  Most of your questions could probably be answered accurately by your clubs fixtures officer but if not please try here.

For the record we are running over 12,000 games with over 1100 teams during the 2009 Season.  With my current work load running competitions, it might take a bit to get back to you, but I will do my best, remember I am a volunteer as well.

Greg Swampy Marsh Director of Competitions Central Coast Football

marinermick

Thanks swampy. Maybe you can also some other CCF questions some people may have. I will sticky this thread.

CCF Chairman

Mick
As well as Swampy, I am prepared to answer other CCF questions that people may have. There seems to be a lot of misapprehension around, mainly because of incorrect or misinformed rumour and innuendo. It is best for the entire Central Coast footballing community that if there is a way of overcoming this in whatever forum possible, then it should be done. As Swampy correctly pointed out, a lot of the information that people seem to want and do not have, is readily available from the appropriate official of their club, but this may not always be the case.

Again, as requested previously, we don't want to turn this in to a CCF bashing session, but we are more than happy to clear up any questions that members may have.

Geoff Johnson
Chairman - Central Coast Football

dibo

marinermick said:
Thanks swampy. Maybe you can also some other CCF questions some people may have. I will sticky this thread.
CCF Chairman said:
Mick
As well as Swampy, I am prepared to answer other CCF questions that people may have. There seems to be a lot of misapprehension around, mainly because of incorrect or misinformed rumour and innuendo. It is best for the entire Central Coast footballing community that if there is a way of overcoming this in whatever forum possible, then it should be done. As Swampy correctly pointed out, a lot of the information that people seem to want and do not have, is readily available from the appropriate official of their club, but this may not always be the case.

Again, as requested previously, we don't want to turn this in to a CCF bashing session, but we are more than happy to clear up any questions that members may have.

Geoff Johnson

Should we make this into an official 'Ask CCF' thread?

Could be very productive and informative! It's almost worthy of a board of its own.

CCF Chairman

FFC Mariner said:
Geoff,

Does that extend to Q's about CCL?

Cheers

CCL is owned by CCF but is a seperate entity with its own Board and constitution. If its a question relating to a general matter then no problem, but I don't want to get into specifics (such as why did the coach of this team pick player X and not player Y). If it is a genral CCL club question then we will answer it. although again please keep in mind what Swampy stated originally - we are all volunteers too and it may take a little while to get back to you, especially if it is a question requiring input from another Board or staff member.

marinermick

CCF Chairman said:
Mick

Geoff Johnson

Thanks Geoff - much appreciated.

I would like to reinforce that this is not a CCF bashing thread but a question and answer thread. Other issues that cannot be resolved by this thread can be started in this section of the forum.

FFC Mariner

CCF Chairman said:
FFC Mariner said:
Geoff,

Cheers

CCL is owned by CCF but is a seperate entity with its own Board and constitution. If its a question relating to a general matter then no problem, but I don't want to get into specifics (such as why did the coach of this team pick player X and not player Y). If it is a genral CCL club question then we will answer it. although again please keep in mind what Swampy stated originally - we are all volunteers too and it may take a little while to get back to you, especially if it is a question requiring input from another Board or staff member.

Thanks, a general question really.

The Coast is crying out for a NSWPL side to provide a better pathway for local juniors on the way up and to help out CCM.

Seems obvious that the money isnt there to make it happen so why not either enter a JV with the Mariners or float a "community club" model to the local football community to make this a reality?

The Mariners seem to be drifting away from you (in the direction of Tuggerah) - is this because of politics or lack of ambition at a corporate level? Not pointing fingers you understand.

offtheball

Gentlemen you are to be congratulated for your initiative.

Many on here  have been asking for information for many a year.

It seems strange, however, to use this forum and not the CCF web site to provide information and insite regarding CCF issues.

W

Wilson

offtheball said:

It seems strange, however, to use this forum and not the CCF web site to provide information and insite regarding CCF issues.

It's not a  forum

offtheball

Wilson said:
offtheball said:

It's not a  forum

Of course the word forum has more than one meaning.

Wilson you don't seem to understand my point. Why provide information about your organisation on an unrelated site, when it seems obvious and simpler to do it through your own agenda.

There would be little need for CCF to come onto this forum and clarify the latest if it was done on their web site by the office staff..

Besides a posting about stolen bags there is nothing on the CCF site since announcement of  Branch Trials on April 10th.

That is except for match reports about Lightning teams in the relevant section.

Bear

offtheball said:
Wilson said:
offtheball said:

It's not a  forum

Wilson you don't seem to understand my point. Why provide information about your organisation on an unrelated site

umm, because they f**king want to, and being that its a forum, they can?

offtheball

Big difference is my learned friend they are a little different to the rest of us in that they are answering as chairman of CCF and Director of Competitions

CCF Chairman

FFC Mariner said:
CCF Chairman said:
FFC Mariner said:
Geoff,

Cheers

The Coast is crying out for a NSWPL side to provide a better pathway for local juniors on the way up and to help out CCM.

Seems obvious that the money isnt there to make it happen so why not either enter a JV with the Mariners or float a "community club" model to the local football community to make this a reality?

The Mariners seem to be drifting away from you (in the direction of Tuggerah) - is this because of politics or lack of ambition at a corporate level? Not pointing fingers you understand.
We have had ongoing meetings with the Mariners for nearly two years regarding this issue. It is in the best interests of CCM, CCL and CCF that we have a club on the Coast competing in the highest possible NSW competition. It would provide a more realistic level for a true feeder club to play at, making it a more attractive outlet for fringe players, and it would mean that our youth league sides would also be playing at the highest level, something which is not possible at present.

The actual form in which this will eventuate is what has proved to be the most difficult challenge to resolve. Whether it be a JV, complete ownership or the creation of a seperate entity, all are avenues that have been explored. Keep in mind that CCL encompasses seniors, youth, women's seniors and youth as well as having the 11 and 12 Metropolitan League sides under their banner even though these age groups are strictly Association based teams. There are logistical, financial and commercial concerns that all need to be resolved.

These discussions have been taking place - at the highest level from both sides, for quite a while. There are inumerable issues which need to be addressed - and I can assure you that politics is definitely NOT the reason why they are not at as advanced stage as we would all like it to be.

All parties have the view that if something is going to be done, it is better that we take extra time and do it right, rather than take a chance on something that may not be just for the sake of expediency.

CCF Chairman

offtheball said:
Wilson said:
offtheball said:

It's not a  forum

Of course the word forum has more than one meaning.

Wilson you don't seem to understand my point. Why provide information about your organisation on an unrelated site, when it seems obvious and simpler to do it through your own agenda.

There would be little need for CCF to come onto this forum and clarify the latest if it was done on their web site by the office staff..

Besides a posting about stolen bags there is nothing on the CCF site since announcement of  Branch Trials on April 10th.

That is except for match reports about Lightning teams in the relevant section.

Not quite sure what sort of information you are asking for.
All general information from the CCF is distributed to the clubs directly and reports from each of the Directors are delivered to the club delegates at the monthly meeting.

Because of the ever changing nature of the draw, this is distributed to the clubs fixtures officers who make it available to their members.
Results for last weekend (1 and 2 May) were posted on the website at 7.38pm on sunday night.
Pointscores were delayed to disputed or non-reported results and were not posted until 8.03 pm opn the 5th May.

The website design and structure has been the subject of a lot of discussion and debate and we are currently in the process of updating and re-designing it.

FFC Mariner

CCF Chairman said:
FFC Mariner said:
CCF Chairman said:
FFC Mariner said:
Geoff,

Cheers

We have had ongoing meetings with the Mariners for nearly two years regarding this issue. It is in the best interests of CCM, CCL and CCF that we have a club on the Coast competing in the highest possible NSW competition. It would provide a more realistic level for a true feeder club to play at, making it a more attractive outlet for fringe players, and it would mean that our youth league sides would also be playing at the highest level, something which is not possible at present.

The actual form in which this will eventuate is what has proved to be the most difficult challenge to resolve. Whether it be a JV, complete ownership or the creation of a seperate entity, all are avenues that have been explored. Keep in mind that CCL encompasses seniors, youth, women's seniors and youth as well as having the 11 and 12 Metropolitan League sides under their banner even though these age groups are strictly Association based teams. There are logistical, financial and commercial concerns that all need to be resolved.

These discussions have been taking place - at the highest level from both sides, for quite a while. There are inumerable issues which need to be addressed - and I can assure you that politics is definitely NOT the reason why they are not at as advanced stage as we would all like it to be.

All parties have the view that if something is going to be done, it is better that we take extra time and do it right, rather than take a chance on something that may not be just for the sake of expediency.

Thanks, I appreciate that you cant go into too much detail but people of goodwill can always get a deal done.

Keep trying

luvsoccer

To all,
Being involved at club level as well as team level I welcome this forum. I commend the initiative of Swampy as first CCF Director to do so. I do agree that this should be part of the CCF web site. Please see my comments later.
I would suggest to the moderators of the Marinators Forum that this topic be given the same priority on the forum as CCL and Penang, i.e. at the top.
I appreciate that this thread should not be a CCF bash. As I said on another thread I am fully appreciative of what the CCF Draw person, who I did not want to embarrass by naming , but has since been named by others, actually does. No disrespect to the CCF directors but he does a great job to keep local competitions running.
Getting off the subject here, being competitions, what does concern me is the apparent agenda by other Directors. I ask, would it not be better if, in the CCF web site redesign , as hinted at in previous comments, have a forum page for each director so the incumbent of that post could answer general questions regarding their post.  Would give clubs a better perspective of what that Director is doing for the clubs, if anything,  Appreciate that would cost extra funding but,  if we can afford what the latest rumour is about, an outside person being appointed as AGM at $K80+, then the extra cost could be beneficial.  For the moment many questions come to mind and they are about usage of Pluim Park and also Judiciary. Will start other threads for questions and answers in theses regards and others for Directors of CCF.
Geoff. Why not open your own forum thread on this site rather than share with Swampy, where otherwise we will all get confused with the queries?
Better still get a forum section on the CCF web site as suggested above. Maybe the new GM will have better ideas.

CCF Chairman

luvsoccer said:
To all,
Being involved at club level as well as team level I welcome this forum. I commend the initiative of Swampy as first CCF Director to do so. I do agree that this should be part of the CCF web site. Please see my comments later.
I would suggest to the moderators of the Marinators Forum that this topic be given the same priority on the forum as CCL and Penang, i.e. at the top.
I appreciate that this thread should not be a CCF bash. As I said on another thread I am fully appreciative of what the CCF Draw person, who I did not want to embarrass by naming , but has since been named by others, actually does. No disrespect to the CCF directors but he does a great job to keep local competitions running.
Getting off the subject here, being competitions, what does concern me is the apparent agenda by other Directors. I ask, would it not be better if, in the CCF web site redesign , as hinted at in previous comments, have a forum page for each director so the incumbent of that post could answer general questions regarding their post.  Would give clubs a better perspective of what that Director is doing for the clubs, if anything,  Appreciate that would cost extra funding but,  if we can afford what the latest rumour is about, an outside person being appointed as AGM at $K80+, then the extra cost could be beneficial.  For the moment many questions come to mind and they are about usage of Pluim Park and also Judiciary. Will start other threads for questions and answers in theses regards and others for Directors of CCF.
Geoff. Why not open your own forum thread on this site rather than share with Swampy, where otherwise we will all get confused with the queries?
Better still get a forum section on the CCF web site as suggested above. Maybe the new GM will have better ideas.

You've touched on a number of issues, I'll try and cover each of them.
Regarding a forum on the CCF website - this has been done before and we had to close it down due to it being used for nothing more than outright abuse to the extent that one previous director had to take legal action for defamation. At the time though, there were not the volunteers to act as moderators, especially to devote enough time to it  and act in the dilligent manner that Mick and the other mods on here do, nor were there the staff resources back then.
However, with a new website design, together with additional staff, if there is the demand for a forum, then it is something we can consider.

However, as far as each Director being in a position to answer questions giving clubs a better perspective as to what they are doing, all I can say is that there has never been a time when individual Directors have been subject to as intense scrutiny as they do at present. The Board meets at least once (and more usually two to three times) each month and also each Director reports to the monthly delegates meeting and is available for questions without notice from the floor from each and any of the club delegates. It is the role of the club delegate to pass on all information to their own club and members so if information is not getting back to you, especially as you have a role as a club official and team official as you say, then I suggest you take that up with the delegate. There have been suggestions from various quarters that monthly delegates meetings are not the best method of ensuring information gets out to the clubs, but by dispensing with them, unless it is at the request of the clubs, we can be seen as attempting to  remove a great deal of the transparency that we have worked so hard at re-establishing over the past two years. Most information regarding the roles and work of any individual director should be able to be obtained from your club delegate if they have been attending meetings.

Your comments regarding the drawmaster are appreciated and we do acknowledge and appreciate the amount of work that he does. There are not many people who would put in the hours that he does for anywhere near the amount that he is paid. Please keep this in mind when making comments such as "no disrepect to CCF Directors but....." as he would not be able to do the job that he does without the assistance of a number of CCF Directors, staff and fixtures officers from the clubs.

At this stage there is probably no need to have seperate forum threads for myself, Swampy or other Directors. If there are any issues that anyone feels the need to raise, especially if they can't get the answer from their club, then please continue to ask us here and we will do our best to answer for you.

From the dug out

Congrats Geoff & Swamp for trying to be as transparent as possible! Only good SHOULD come from your effort here.......however time will tell!

I think this could be one for the moderators to watch with care, as unfortunatley peoples personal agenda's sometimes are the hardest to break down!

People will have some genuine questions...... and then there will be others who won't actually be looking for answers!

Cheers H.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark