• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

offtheball

Keeper said:
Kareem said:
offtheball said:
Kareem said:
KDSA= fail. It ain't soccer, its football :fireup:

on another notes- I am curious about the devlopment of the u21s comp?

1) Currently 4 overage players are allowed? (as long as they dont take place of  bonafide 21) Will it stay this way? Reduced?
Personally I havent seen any problems with overage players. I watched EGO and I assume GK is overage and he coaches them. He brings quality experience and leadership to the side.
Only reason I bring it up is that I was at one of original u21s CCF meetings where they said we would have 4 overage players to start off?

2) More teams next year I assume.
I hear Kariong are hoping for one, possibly Killarney.
I assume bigger clubs will jon Berkley by having multiple 21s teams.
Currently 10- I expect that to grow.
What are the options? My 3 guesses are...

a) 21 AB comp. Halfway through season league splits into As and Bs

b) 21A's (top teams eg. WMG, Kincumber, Kanwal, Budg, Gosford, Berk 1, Terrigal?) and 21 B's (Berk 2, SEU, EGO, new teams)

c) I heard this one was a possiblity- especially if 21s are considered '3rd grade'
Divisions will match up with their Grade sides.
Ie. WMG + Bud + EGO + Berkley together in top div,  Gosford, SEU, etc.

I doubt this but because Ourimbah, Tuggerah, Toukley, are just a few teams that wont field a team. Also it would hinder clubs who have multiple 21s teams

I guess its between a) and b), probably depending on numbers...
I would say 12-14 = a
and 15+ = option b

Tuggerah should have entered a 21's team this year. Would have been a more logical step than trying to go from Under 18's to Division One without a reserve grade team.
tuggerah would have demolished the 21s comp IMO
and yes I have only seen them play 2 times (we flogged them 4-1 both times)

Not unless they are all twice as good as they were a year ago

I agree Keeper they would not demolish the 21's comp, but they are stronger in 2009 having two of your better players from last year play there this year

marinersman

offtheball said:
Had a phone call today from a mate, who is the registrar with one of the local cricket clubs.

He was in the process of organising grading sessions for his junior teams. He had consulted the local junior league, rugby and AFL web sites to check the semi final draws as he was ensuring the proposed grading sessions didn't clash with any junior semis in the football codes.

He said he had looked everywhere but couldn't find any draws or semi notices on the CCF web site.

Bring on the new site in 2010.

It's been covered and well adressed. No need to keep banging on about it.

I am very sorry that a good thread full of excellent communication from the CCF has been reduced to continual CCF bashing. As others have suggested, if you can offer your services for the betterment of football on the Coast please put your hand up otherwise stop the criticism. They are volunteers who contribute enormously to society and if you can do a better job I am sure they would welcome you. If you're not willing to help, don't criticise. Pretty simple really.

offtheball

marinersman said:
offtheball said:
Had a phone call today from a mate, who is the registrar with one of the local cricket clubs.

He was in the process of organising grading sessions for his junior teams. He had consulted the local junior league, rugby and AFL web sites to check the semi final draws as he was ensuring the proposed grading sessions didn't clash with any junior semis in the football codes.

He said he had looked everywhere but couldn't find any draws or semi notices on the CCF web site.

Bring on the new site in 2010.

It's been covered and well adressed. No need to keep banging on about it.

I am very sorry that a good thread full of excellent communication from the CCF has been reduced to continual CCF bashing. As others have suggested, if you can offer your services for the betterment of football on the Coast please put your hand up otherwise stop the criticism. They are volunteers who contribute enormously to society and if you can do a better job I am sure they would welcome you. If you're not willing to help, don't criticise. Pretty simple really.

No bashing here pal. Simply pointing out that the web site is an important information tool for a wider group than those that are directly involved in football every weekend.

Even though it has been stated that the web site will be overhauled for 2010 I remain to be convinced.

I presume the office staff at CCF are aware of this forum, they know the chairman's views. Why then has there not been even a basic improvement of late.

Excuses about problems with the site doesn't cut it.

There are reports on Lightning results and announcements about Lightning on a weekly basis.

Second point I am not talking about the volunteer staff but the paid members of CCF.

ccf

I feel sorry for the Girls in Lightning.  The U12's won the Grand final on the weekend but nothing on the website.  I don't have a girl so I have no motive for mentioning this, only that once again CCF seem to be falling down in their duty to clubs (even reps).

Bear

CCF

will there be a summer 6's comp this year?

when is registration?

if teams have to play make up games on a thursday night, will the teams coach be notified this year, so that the team can actually show up to play?

Ted

Bear said:
CCF

will there be a summer 6's comp this year?

when is registration?

if teams have to play make up games on a thursday night, will the teams coach be notified this year, so that the team can actually show up to play?

Yeah there is a comp bear. mens comp kicks off Wed 4th November.

http://www.odms.net.au/files/organise/ccf/files/Summer_6s_Competition_rules_iand_Registration_Form_2009.pdf

Bear

cool thanks ted

just the last part i need answered then

im not bothering to put in a team if im not informed of when we have make up games, waste of money paying if your not told when your playing imo

T

On the off chance that I will actually be able to play Summer 6's will there also be a womens or mixed comp??

offtheball

Geoff can you please let us know why only a select few schools were invited to the CCF's annual Primary School's Gala Day.

Apparently this day/days was/ were held sometime over the last six weeks. I know of at least six schools that were not invited to participate.

If the Summer Sixes competition, with half page ads and associated pdf files, can be advertised on the non functional web site why can't the annual Primary Scools Gala Day be given a mention?

Sorry Marinersman, same topic, but the original excuse about a new web site in 2010 does not cut it when the website is still being used erratically when it suits. Again no crticism of any CCF volunteers.

Ted

T said:
On the off chance that I will actually be able to play Summer 6's will there also be a womens or mixed comp??

SUPER SIXES COMPETITION DETAILS

Senior Womens & Mens Over 35s Divisions - Monday Evenings

Mixed Competition Monday Evenings

Senior Mens Divisions - Wednesday Evenings

Additional Information:

Competition Commences: Monday 2nd November & Wednesday 4th November 2009

Christmas Break (No Games): Monday 14th December 2009 - Sunday 10th January 2010

Competition Re-commencement: Monday 11th January & Wednesday 13th January 2010

Competition Concludes: Monday 15th & Wednesday 17th february 2010

COST: $800 per team

CCF Chairman

offtheball said:
Geoff can you please let us know why only a select few schools were invited to the CCF's annual Primary School's Gala Day.
l
Apparently this day/days was/ were held sometime over the last six weeks. I know of at least six schools that were not invited to participate.

If the Summer Sixes competition, with half page ads and associated pdf files, can be advertised on the non functional web site why can't the annual Primary Scools Gala Day be given a mention?

Sorry Marinersman, same topic, but the original excuse about a new web site in 2010 does not cut it when the website is still being used erratically when it suits. Again no crticism of any CCF volunteers.
Normally the schools that are invited are the ones that are involved in our community program. Having said that - no schools are excluded but numbers naturally have to be limited. Sometimes the principal declines the invitation without the other teachers/students even knowing. Other times there is no response from the school and eventually the place could be offered somewhere else. Is it a case of six schools wanting to enter and not being able to get in? This is an event that normally fills up very quickly and does not need to advertise for teams.

PM me with the list of the six schools you say were not invited, and I will get an answer on each of them for you.

hasbeen

"If the Summer Sixes competition, with half page ads and associated pdf files, can be advertised on the non functional web site why can't the annual Primary Scools Gala Day be given a mention?"

let me guess ... because the Summer Sixes is a money making enterprise for the CCF ... ?

As for the Summer Sixes ... why is Pluim Park being used in the off-season .. ? Surely you'd think the CCF would give it a rest given the state of the pitches I'v seen in the Finals series so far .... 

bilo

I read in today's paper that the Premier league Grand Final is this weekend.  So I go to the CCF website to find out Kick off time etc.  Nothing at all on the home page even promoting the Grand final .  Anyone know what time?

CCF maybe you could add this to the front page so people who are interested can find out about all the grand finals, instead of the Summer sixes?

bilo

hasbeen said:
MPL GF is on Pluim 1 at 1445 this Sunday WMG v BER

Thanks for that.  Might be good if it was on the CCF website and promoted better dont you think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred