• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

afan

Is true that CCF now runs fnsw progs? How can this be as you have bagged the crap out of it, for many years? Is it true that P22 has been canceled for Met Far North region, after the success in state titles?

Wow, you are off to a great start, seems like you will run it, into ground as it was before it went to a third party, now you have a monopoly.

CCF Chairman

Yes CCF does now run the FNSW programs - which were awarded to us due to the quality of the coaches that we are able to provide across all of the programs - GDP, JDP, Senior program  and goalkeepers. Neither the senior program, nor a goalkeeper program have been offered in any regional area previously.

Project 22 has not been cancelled for the Far Met North region - so I don't know know what ill-informed and misguided rumours you may be listening to. And I also fail to see the relevance of your comment "following the success in the State Titles". Our girls teams did extremely well but none of the Far Met North boys side came home with anything more than could be described as reasonable results. Some performed way below expectations despite the increased player pool available.

And as for your comment about "as you have bagged the crap out of it for many years" - could you please quote one single occasion during the seven years that I have been Chairman that I have made any negative comment about any FNSW program. As has been mentioned on this forum in the past by others - I have had a son in the FNSW program for the last three years - hardly a situation in which I would be bagging it.

The situation with P22 here was that Kuringai could not provide grounds for training or playing, and many of their players would not travel to the Central Coast. Many of ours refused to travel to the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen where the Met North Squads were training.

In the Under 10 squad (players born 2000-2001) there were insufficient players turn up for trials of the quality required for the program, and as a result, only 3 were selected.

In the Under 12 squad (players born 1998-1999) many of the players who had a chance of being selected withdrew before the final selections were made.

The coaches refused to select players purely to make up the numbers, a situation which has occurred in the past with other academy squads, and will only select players who can earn their place on merit.

In both age groups, there are enough high quality players to fill the squads with local players, which is what will happen if they want to be involved in this elite fully funded sholarship program which is part of the official FNSW/FFA development pathway.

The Met Far North squad will be based entirely on the Central Coast - training 4 nights a week out of Pluim, or other Central Coast locations.

FNSW is willing to fund  solely Central Coast based Far Met North P22 squads to the same extent as all of the other regions.

I spoke personally with a number of FNSW Directors and the High Performance Unit Manager Paul Bentvelzen last night and they have given the Central Coast 100% support and backing.

Perhaps before making these type of comments in the future you should do what the title of this thread suggests - "Ask the CCF" - and not rely on rumour and innuendo.

Chopo

Hi Geoff,

I normally dont get on Forums, cause I dislike nameless/faceless individuals but I thought I just tell the people on this forum the actual truth behind FNSW going to CCF.

Let me just say I dont agree with what AFAN states but I also dont quite agree with what you reply with but if you say "in your opinion" then that is ok, but facts are below.

It was given to CCF because I resigned as I believed it requires an association to continue not one person, and yes it was one person with some good things and some I could've done better.

Prior to my decision, I advised Paul B that it should sit with Dan B as he is more than capable of running it, it was not given to you because quality of coaches, so please dont say that, because that is a false statement and that topic of coaches was never discussed, I'm sure there are quality coaches in your org as there was in mine, else you wouldn't bring your child there.

Met Far North did better then ever before and, note that not a lot of Kuringai players except for Girls and U15 boys teams tried out. No MFN team was hammered as it was in the past and even forfeited games, so please accept improvement, cause that is a fact. One region versus many regions, so When you stated that MFN U12s did so good, this was just for my sake?

Every team improved the standings and more so on the win/draw/loss ratio, so YES it is an improvement Geoff.

Finally, I do hope that you improve the product that I left you which boast over 60 plus kids who are quality and of course there are many more in our region, and I/we never looked at their purse strings too choose as, I gave scholarship to parents that could not afford payments. Always remember that when we took over, I got 22 kids from the association.

That said I do hope you excel and with your POOL of players, I hope you continue to improve the Youth Development in the region.

Thanks
Steve

CCF Chairman

To clarify any misunderstandings - at no stage did I intend to imply that the standard of coaching provided by the CCF coaches was of a better or worse standard than that provided by Steve, Mario, Tony and any of the other coaches that have conducted the program for FNSW over the years. As I stated - I wouldn't have had my own son in there otherwise.

My comment was meant to be interpreted as FNSW would not have given the program to CCF to run if we didnt have coaches of a high enough standard to provide the coaching and development that our elite juniors deserve.  It was definitely not a comparison between anyone.

As far as the results in the State Titles are concerned, again I never stated that it wasnt an improvement. If, in "afan"s opinion that any improvement is a success - then I would agree. Our expectations were higher this year as it was the first season that we had been combined with Kuringai so that the player pool was much greater and far more competitive for places. Maybe my expectations were too great.

I was certainly genuine in my praise of Steve's efforts with the 12s, who did not have the benefit of having ALL of the top players available due to Kuringai's (later doomed) overseas commitments. I know that he did a very good job with the team and all of the boys responded extremely well to his coaching and learnt a great deal from the experience.

There was no animosity in my post towards Steve or any other coach who I have the utmost respect for.

I have also called Steve and explained my response to him personally before posting this as well.

forthegame

CCF lost a fantastic opportunity to have Project 22 but with the pathetic attitude of the board and the CCF HPM, who when addressing Under 11 and Under 12 Lightning and Thunder players about the Project 22 program, told these CHILDREN that if they were successful in gaining selection they would not be welcome back at CCL. FANTASTIC. The CCF HPM has continued to BAG the FNSW programs, stating that they were "for the rich only". I know for a fact that the former FNSW regional coach gave scholarships to players from homes that could not afford the payments, so it was never about the money but the kids and their passion for the game. CCF needs to put their HPM on a tighter leash and maybe a muzzle as well. The Mariners run a fantastic Elite Program and they will excel with the Project 22 teams as well. A wish them all the best of luck.

Do the Mariners now run Elite Academy's and not just community?  Is is true that Mariners are running Project 22, is yes that's great.  Is it true that ex FNSW area manager runs their elite youth and P22 now? That's probably why CCM are now running Elite, cause they took the coaches from FNSW, very smart CCM.

forthegame

Yes it is true! They run there Summer Academy, An Elite Youth Academy and now they have been given the FNSW Project 22 program. And finally yes these all run under the guidance of an ex FNSW area manager with assistance from the Mariners Youth Development Manager. Better off under CCM than CCF.

offtheball

Bring back Burkey!!!

When was the last time CCF development manager was seen in any of our schools?

Alan Burke was a frequent visitor and it was gratis.

CCF Chairman

forthegame said:
CCF lost a fantastic opportunity to have Project 22 but with the pathetic attitude of the board 
I wont comment on the rest of the post as it relates to matters which need to be dealt with at Board level by CCL and CCF but I really would like either an explanation and example of the "pathetic attitude of the board" towards Project 22 or an apology as I find that comment from an anonymous poster to be highly offensive, as well as being baseless, ignorant and almost laughable if it wasnt so far from the truth to be libellous.

The Board as whole, and myself personally, have fought tooth and nail to get the full Project 22 program established in the Central Coast as a stand alone area. As I stated earlier I had in depth discussions with the FNSW HPU manager as well as numerous directors of FNSW to get this program through. When the FNSW appointed coaches (NB - these were not appointed by CCF) could not select a squad from the players who had made it to confirmation week after the initial trial conducted by FNSW coaches at Valentine Park then CCM stepped forward and said they would like to be involved, and that their involvement could help attract the best players.

If anyone read the letter from Paul Bentvelzen they would realise this is still very much a joint venture and most importantly - a Football NSW program and curriculum.

I had quite long discussions with both John Mackay and Lawrie over this. It was eventually decided to go ahead and get it up and running rather than have the Central Coast miss out altogether.

It will be a success - and will continue to grow and improve each year - especially once players and parents realise that this is the top elite program to be in.

offtheball said:
When was the last time CCF development manager was seen in any of our schools?

Our development manager has done over 100 school visits a year, as well as running the football curriculum in two high schools. Up until this term he has been in the local schools every week of the year. I sincerely hope that this was a sarcastic post and you weren't actually being serious.

Special 1

:redcard: :eek:
Burkey is a great guy who put his heart and soul into making things happen and getting out there in the community and he was rail roaded. It has been stated that our community development officer has a medical condition which restricts him from driving and limits his availability. The source of this information came from within CCF and as much as I have empathy for any person with an illness or disability if this is the case and they can not perform their required duties that they are being employed to do then the football community are being denied a service that they need and expect. I wish this not to be the case however football is growing at a rapid rate and I do not think (along with alot of others) that CCF has the correct infrastructure and plans in place to have a positive and progressive relationship with the football community. There seems to be roles at CCF that do not provide the maximum service compared with the maximum cost of supplying those services which in the future needs to become more open and transparent to the members of the football community. In a nutshell, stop hiding things, stop ripping people off, get rid of hidden agendas and be an association that people respect and are proud of being part of.

marinermick

Special 1 said:
:redcard: :eek:
Burkey is a great guy who put his heart and soul into making things happen and getting out there in the community and he was rail roaded. It has been stated that our community development officer has a medical condition which restricts him from driving and limits his availability. The source of this information came from within CCF and as much as I have empathy for any person with an illness or disability if this is the case and they can not perform their required duties that they are being employed to do then the football community are being denied a service that they need and expect. I wish this not to be the case however football is growing at a rapid rate and I do not think (along with alot of others) that CCF has the correct infrastructure and plans in place to have a positive and progressive relationship with the football community. There seems to be roles at CCF that do not provide the maximum service compared with the maximum cost of supplying those services which in the future needs to become more open and transparent to the members of the football community. In a nutshell, stop hiding things, stop ripping people off, get rid of hidden agendas and be an association that people respect and are proud of being part of.

This is a "ask the CCF thread", so where is your question?

The post above borders on discrimination and presents baseless speculation on the physical abilities of a person to perform his job. You have no specific information and those specifics is only known between that person and his employer. Your second hand information from "someone at CCF" is not specifics.

I am reeling this thread back in because it is getting back out of hand, especially from people who only come on this forum to anomously slag off the CCF and don't participate on the forum in any other way.

Therefore, if the following two rules are not adhered to future posts will be deleted:

1. If it not a legitimate question the post will be deleted
2. If not a question there will be limited comment available for posting if the post is not slanderous and contains both the poster's full name and which club or interest he/she represents otherwise the post will be deleted

Special 1

:'( :-*

Wow we hit a nerve with this particular Moderator. Sorry mate I am simply telling it how it is and to deny it is criminal. Your position is very subjective with this thread as I have noticed with all your other comments when it comes to the CCF. If we can not cricticise and discuss whats the point. I will now ask a question; If we as members of CCF have the right to know what is happening in our association why is all relevant information kept under lock and key and they only release what they won't get scrutinised about?
For your info I have been on the board and this is the reason why now I'm not, so please don't try and convince me any different. The last lines in my last post again highlight what CCF need to do so we can move forward with trust and respect

marinermick

Special 1 said:

Wow we hit a nerve with this particular Moderator. Sorry mate I am simply telling it how it is and to deny it is criminal. Your position is very subjective with this thread as I have noticed with all your other comments when it comes to the CCF. If we can not cricticise and discuss whats the point. I will now ask a question; If we as members of CCF have the right to know what is happening in our association why is all relevant information kept under lock and key and they only release what they won't get scrutinised about?
For your info I have been on the board and this is the reason why now I'm not, so please don't try and convince me any different. The last lines in my last post again highlight what CCF need to do so we can move forward with trust and respect

Anyone who knows me knows I have been just as critical of the CCF as the next person.

You are welcome to post your comments about the CCF on the forum but not in this thread. This thread has been set up for a particular reason and we risk a great thread not existing if the guidelines upon which it was set up are not adhered to.

So, make your comments, but set up a new thread, and if you have the courage put your name behind it and who you represent.

masmariner

Special 1 said:

Hey Special 1 you say you were on the board I dont know when anyway if there are things going on in the CCF that are not done right why dont you go to the authorities like ASIC and exert your democratic right to the "said" information.
This will get more results for you than sniping on the forum.
I'm sure the chairman has said on here the board is accountable and they have no problem with things being done properly.
Anyway whilst you were on the board why didnt you do something if there is an issue there. ?

Special 1

:-\ :headbutt:

It takes more than one man to move mountains. I will keep it simple.
What strategic plans do CCF have at present to lead us into the next decade based on details and facts not on heresay, that the clubs can view and ajudicate on for the operations of CCF and the development of football on the Coast prior to the next AGM?

masmariner

Special 1 said:
:-\ :headbutt:

It takes more than one man to move mountains. I will keep it simple.
What strategic plans do CCF have at present to lead us into the next decade based on details and facts not on heresay, that the clubs can view and ajudicate on for the operations of CCF and the development of football on the Coast prior to the next AGM?

"Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings".

marinermick

Take your personal spats to PM.

Final warning for everyone:

If it is not a direct question to the CCF the post will be deleted.

Special 1

Seriously, I don,t think everything should be turned into a dead end when we comment. I did ask a legitamate question to the CCF which should be considered a priority for the growth of football in the region.

marinermick

Special 1 said:
Seriously, I don,t think everything should be turned into a dead end when we comment. I did ask a legitamate question to the CCF which should be considered a priority for the growth of football in the region.

I am sure if you separate it from comment and post it in a new post it will be answered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark