• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

offtheball

dibo said:
woodchuck said:
Who's asking for a broom to go through the place?

The Smart one said:
once the broom is put through the organisation totally then hopefully you will see results

woodchuck said:
I've seen a number of posts simply asking that there website be used to service the football community, and a response of "it will be overhauled in 2010" is not good enough, it's 2009 ffs!  Not a single mention anywhere about finals, this Sunday we have both MPL and WPL Grand finals taking place. I mean come on ! Does the new GM know excactly what he has got himself into ?

just on the website, let's be practical for a moment here.

for the front page of the site with announcements and whatnot, there are small bits of content that are easy to do immediately and i'll let the CCF folks account for that, but the back end stuff is nowhere near as simple as some people seem to think it is.

That's the trouble they will not account for the small changes. You know the ones that appear weekly about who the Lightning teams are playing. But nothing about local grand finals.

ccf

I agree with Dibo that people need to put their hands up and be accounted for - all to often it is the same people doing the same job for club and association.

On the subject of the website, ccf have been going to upgrade this for years (I know for a fact when MN started in his role) they were updating the software then but unfortunately it is still rubbish.  Another website that is helpful and leads to clubs etc is Northern NSW home site.  They also have alot of clubs, kids, adults and reps under them, maybe they can ask them what they do to get a few ideas.

Bear

when i go to the website to get info regarding this years summer 6's comp eg cost, when the comp starts etc, all i can find is the results from the 08-09 semi finals, and who is playing who in the grand finals, which were played back in feb this year ???

wtf ???

The Smart one

I was at Pluim yesterday to watch a couple of games, anyone noticed the state of the corner flags especially on the front field, surely someone on the board must have noticed them, you may as well put a pair of undies on each post, at least they would be colourful, like  I say the place his a utter disgrace to football across the country. Whats your excuse this time ccf.

CCF Chairman

The Smart one said:
I was at Pluim yesterday to watch a couple of games, anyone noticed the state of the corner flags especially on the front field, surely someone on the board must have noticed them, you may as well put a pair of undies on each post, at least they would be colourful, like  I say the place his a utter disgrace to football across the country. Whats your excuse this time ccf.
Sorry they are not to your liking. Unfortunately your opinion is not shared by any members of the Central Coast Football Referees, any referees appointed to Metro League, super Youth League or Super League matches, or Football NSW, none of whom have found any problem with them whatsoever.
Having attended matches all over the metropolitan region and spoken to officials from associations all over the state, your views, to which you are perfectly entitled, are not shared by many.
I agree there is a lot of maintenance work to be done, but the limited resources we have in this area are concentrated on the actual playing fields themselves.

OJ

this is the problem.. Someone brings up a valid point re the corner and half way posts.. And the ccf refers to here there and everywhere and states that the referees blah blah blah..

Mate get some new flags and stick them in the ground.. No smoke and mirrors no shifting the argument around.. The flags are shit they are a joke fix the problem

dibo

the referees are the ones that matter, not some whinging malcontent on the mariners supporters forum. if they don't have a problem with them then the games will be played and there's no issue.

OJ

oh and while your at it trim the trees that are over hanging and covering the lights that are still working on the back field.. You might want to replace the faulty lights there as well

FFC Mariner

I assume that there is someone who is paid to make sure that the CCF functions to the best of its ability with the funds it has?

Wouldnt that be a role to target in order to change the lightbulbs/fix up the corner flags/blow on peoples tea etc rather than get on a committee and whinge officially?

Committees have yet to run anything properly (ever) so why people expect CCF to be different is a tad surprising.

Yes, Pluim is a disgrace but whining about it on here is fruitless. If you dont like the corner flags to the point that it ruins your day, I'm sure CCF wouldnt mind if you purchased some and made a donation

Just a thought

hasbeen

Pluim Park levy multiplied by 14,000 players less $50 for some corner flags (not posts, just flags) equals lots of money left over ... none of which seems to have been spent on any maintenence whatsoever. Add to the disgraceful condition of the pitches one summer sixes comp and you get perpetually crap surfaces. 

ccf

I would like to congratulate Kanwal Football Club on having all the results from the FINAL SERIES on their website.  I looked on CCF's site and could not find any results.  Well done Kanwal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred