• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

OJ

These Associations do a pretty fair job!!

GHFA-12,324
http://www.ghfa.com.au/

KDSA-15,100
http://www.kdsa.asn.au/

MWFA-16,500
http://www.mwfa.com.au/

GDSFA-13,000
http://www.granvillesoccer.com.au/

NDSFAI-14,000
http://www.nepeansoccer.com.au/

dibo

Are you judging that on their websites, personal experience of playing in the competitions, comparison of 'service' (whatever that's supposed to mean in administration of football competitions) per dollar paid in fees?

Association and club culture is a major factor that can influence the running of competitions in one way or another - 'we don't do it that way here'...

Kareem

KDSA= fail. It ain't soccer, its football :fireup:

on another notes- I am curious about the devlopment of the u21s comp?

1) Currently 4 overage players are allowed? (as long as they dont take place of  bonafide 21) Will it stay this way? Reduced?
Personally I havent seen any problems with overage players. I watched EGO and I assume GK is overage and he coaches them. He brings quality experience and leadership to the side.
Only reason I bring it up is that I was at one of original u21s CCF meetings where they said we would have 4 overage players to start off?

2) More teams next year I assume.
I hear Kariong are hoping for one, possibly Killarney.
I assume bigger clubs will jon Berkley by having multiple 21s teams.
Currently 10- I expect that to grow.
What are the options? My 3 guesses are...

a) 21 AB comp. Halfway through season league splits into As and Bs

b) 21A's (top teams eg. WMG, Kincumber, Kanwal, Budg, Gosford, Berk 1, Terrigal?) and 21 B's (Berk 2, SEU, EGO, new teams)

c) I heard this one was a possiblity- especially if 21s are considered '3rd grade'
Divisions will match up with their Grade sides.
Ie. WMG + Bud + EGO + Berkley together in top div,  Gosford, SEU, etc.

I doubt this but because Ourimbah, Tuggerah, Toukley, are just a few teams that wont field a team. Also it would hinder clubs who have multiple 21s teams

I guess its between a) and b), probably depending on numbers...
I would say 12-14 = a
and 15+ = option b

Morgan30

east gosford are planning to have 2 21s teams next season, a few other clubs are looking into that idea as well i have been told

offtheball

Kareem said:

1) Currently 4 overage players are allowed? (as long as they dont take place of  bonafide 21) Will it stay this way? Reduced?
Personally I havent seen any problems with overage players. I watched EGO and I assume GK is overage and he coaches them. He brings quality experience and leadership to the side.
Only reason I bring it up is that I was at one of original u21s CCF meetings where they said we would have 4 overage players to start off?

b) 21A's (top teams eg. WMG, Kincumber, Kanwal, Budg, Gosford, Berk 1, Terrigal?) and 21 B's (Berk 2, SEU, EGO, new teams)

c) I heard this one was a possiblity- especially if 21s are considered '3rd grade'

I doubt this but because Ourimbah, Tuggerah, Toukley, are just a few teams that wont field a team. Also it would hinder clubs who have multiple 21s teams

I would say 12-14 = a
and 15+ = option b

Tuggerah should have entered a 21's team this year. Would have been a more logical step than trying to go from Under 18's to Division One without a reserve grade team.

OJ

dibo said:
Are you judging that on their websites, personal experience of playing in the competitions, comparison of 'service' (whatever that's supposed to mean in administration of football competitions) per dollar paid in fees?

Association and club culture is a major factor that can influence the running of competitions in one way or another - 'we don't do it that way here'...

The websites are superior and more focused on non representative Football.
I have played in or against teams from those associations and converse with them on a regular basis a number of them are my clients.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion however some peoples opinions are more educated than others.

dibo

If it's websites you're comparing, CCF already indicated they're trying to move forward on that:

CCF Chairman said:
offtheball said:
I do not understand why points tables can be sent to clubs and not placed on the web site.

Why is it possible for match reports be placed on the Lightning section of the web site weekly but "technical difficulties"  prevent s any input for the rest of the site?

You are correct I was not having a go at everyone from CCF in regard to Geoff Rayner, if anyone took it this way I apologise. it was just another example of the sad inadequacy of the CCF web site, It seems CCF underestimates the importance of the web site as a means of communication, because "contact your delegate" doesn't cut it.

I agree with all of your comments. We are currently looking at a program that will allow the draws, results and tables to be loaded on to the website and also forwarded to the clubs. It wont be in place for this season but hopefully the new website, with all of the features and functionality you would expect for an Associations site, will be fully operational for next year.

Maybe the CCF has underestimated the importance of the website as a means of communication in thinking that the members would rely on their own clubs website and internal communications as their first choice. But again, we rely on what the clubs tell us and they want the information for fixtures and draws to be communicated through their fixtures officers - under the present system and perhaps because of the inadequacy of the CCF website. I can assure you - we are working on ways of changing and improving it.

I think that pretty well answered everything that's been said - the website's crap ATM for non-representative football, but they're investigating options to go forward.

Where it says hopefully the new website, with all of the features and functionality you would expect for an Associations site, will be fully operational for next year it indicates that they've looked at other associations to see what their sites do and want to match the capabilities.

This discussion is not breaking any new ground - that reply was posted on here two weeks ago - can we move on already?

marinermick

OJ said:
dibo said:

I have played in or against teams from those associations and converse with them on a regular basis a number of them are my clients.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion however some peoples opinions are more educated than others.

If you are so educated then why don't you run and join the CCF board and make a difference.

Easy to take pot shots at volunteers.

OJ

marinermick said:
OJ said:
dibo said:

If you are so educated then why don't you run and join the CCF board and make a difference.

I am

marinermick

OJ said:
marinermick said:
OJ said:
dibo said:

I am

Good for you

OJ

marinermick said:
OJ said:
marinermick said:
OJ said:
dibo said:

I am

Good for you

Thankyou! Your input would also be valuable!

Kareem

offtheball said:
Kareem said:

I would say 12-14 = a
and 15+ = option b

Tuggerah should have entered a 21's team this year. Would have been a more logical step than trying to go from Under 18's to Division One without a reserve grade team.
tuggerah would have demolished the 21s comp IMO
and yes I have only seen them play 2 times (we flogged them 4-1 both times)

From the dug out

marinermick said:
OJ said:
marinermick said:
OJ said:
dibo said:

I am

Good for you

Advantage receiver........oh no wait a minute.......deuce!

Herbs

Kareem said:
offtheball said:
Kareem said:

I would say 12-14 = a
and 15+ = option b

tuggerah would have demolished the 21s comp IMO
and yes I have only seen them play 2 times (we flogged them 4-1 both times)

Not unless they are all twice as good as they were a year ago

Kareem

i dont know that much about the quality of comp this year...but talking to players from last year (and my personal opinion)- 21s was similar to 18B's...that was the consensus
werent Tuggerah 18A champions?

Morgan30, Keeper_Herbs wats your opinion on 21s this year? COmpared to last year and/or 18s levels...

offtheball

Had a phone call today from a mate, who is the registrar with one of the local cricket clubs.

He was in the process of organising grading sessions for his junior teams. He had consulted the local junior league, rugby and AFL web sites to check the semi final draws as he was ensuring the proposed grading sessions didn't clash with any junior semis in the football codes.

He said he had looked everywhere but couldn't find any draws or semi notices on the CCF web site.

Bring on the new site in 2010.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred