• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Western Sydney going ahead in 2013 (p2)

Nathan Byrn

Gee settle down. Do these people also "no" a great deal more about spelling and grammar?

... are you saying having a high participation rate means nothing because...

?? Why does FFA keep banging on about it then?

What's this dribble about?

Instead of pissing and moaning and telling me you know everything and I know nothing, how about you address the question about the player pool?

All you do is put vague insubstantial comments that you only ever back up with links to even more vague articles and tell us all the CCF should take over the Mariners.

Get over yourself mate.
Gee lucky I edited my post to say what I really thought!
The player pool argument is crazy, we are not talking numbers here we are talking quality!
the FFA keeps banging on about it because its is good spin, PR and has gravity for potential partners investors etc.
In terms of development it has been determined that our kids dont do enough hours on the ball to achieve maximum potential through development. In order to get the best possible 16 players do we simply invite more players or do we develop the current base we have. Partcipation of players through to elite players is less than 0.5 %, if you do th efigures on that we would need substatntial more participation than we have now. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WE GOT RID OF THE NSL! Consider that the new Western Sydney team is occupying a footprint that had around 7 NSL teams in the 80's and 90's. The player quality simply was not there!! The A-League was pitched as the best of the best at least it was with the players.

dibo

You're assuming that every Western Sydney player will end up at Uncorns, which is a frankly ludicrous assumption.

As for your claims about participation levels, in 2010 there were nearly 30,000 people in the age groups 14-16 playing football in FNSW Association competitions, averaging about 10,000 per age group. Another 8 per cohort means another digging 0.08% deeper into the talent pool.

Crumbs! We'll be ruined!

Nathan Byrn

You're assuming that every Western Sydney player will end up at Uncorns, which is a frankly ludicrous assumption.

As for your claims about participation levels, in 2010 there were nearly 30,000 people in the age groups 14-16 playing football in FNSW Association competitions, averaging about 10,000 per age group. Another 8 per cohort means another digging 0.08% deeper into the talent pool.

Crumbs! We'll be ruined!
You must be an accountant! Just focus on the elite level.
In the current model we have players picked from.

SL and PL clubs-First Grade and 20's (680 players less than 50% qualify for NYL), NSWIS (20) and AIS (20) make up our players in NYL. This is historically where they have come from and will come from for 2012-13.With as I have said before ZERO coming from the coast (possibly L.Bozanic coming from Blacktown Spartans at seasons end). So with another NYL and A league team competing for that same talent The Mariners and indeed Sydney FC will have to compete for the every best talent on offer. This cycle is continuous and is dynamic, but Western Sydney has been a consistent source for both Sydney FC and The Central Coast Mariners since inception. The players at the very top of the talent pool whom have developed sufficeiently will be the first snapped up and the rest make up the squad. Tony Walmsley has done a good job identifying intelligent footballers and players that have developed in a First Team environment. The Mariners have given great opportunities to many young players that have come through programs like Blacktown City and the Institutes. Ryan, Amini, Bernie are all from Blacktown City, that is Western Sydney's heartland. Of FC and CCM around 10 players in the first team squad hail from Western Sydney. The clubs will form partnerships with Western Sydney just like the CCM have with CCF, KDSA and Gladesville.

dibo

I still don't buy the cause for panic. Do you think *all* those players will go to Unicorns and only Unicorns?

Do you think that if we've got a good reputation for talent identification and development we're suddenly going to lose our magic touch?

Sure, there'll be an effect, but it's hardly going to be catastrophic.

Think about it another way - there will be 50% more opportunities for talented youngsters in FNSW territories to show off their wares at NYL and eventually HAL level. There's also another club to take up the slack on community engagement, giving more kids the opportunity to meet and learn from HAL stars as they come to clinics, training, school visits and the like.

We might even grow the pie.

Nathan Byrn

I still don't buy the cause for panic. Do you think *all* those players will go to Unicorns and only Unicorns?

Do you think that if we've got a good reputation for talent identification and development we're suddenly going to lose our magic touch?

Sure, there'll be an effect, but it's hardly going to be catastrophic.

Think about it another way - there will be 50% more opportunities for talented youngsters in FNSW territories to show off their wares at NYL and eventually HAL level. There's also another club to take up the slack on community engagement, giving more kids the opportunity to meet and learn from HAL stars as they come to clinics, training, school visits and the like.

We might even grow the pie.
That argument is fine, but we have had a large "pie" before.

In the old NSL youth league we had Newcastle, Olympic, Melita, Marconi, Sydney United, AIS and a few others, many clubs had colts as well. Browney, Clarkey and myself spent time at Newcastle and Olympic but eventually found our way back to the Central Coast Coasties.

The fact that we have no senior team will have to be changed for 2013 as the FFA will be instructing the clubs to play winter, which leaves us significalntly disadvantage us in terms of recruitment, players are already talking about this. So we "could" have a situation where we have a NYL player who during winter wants to play PL, (this has happened this year for most of the squad). Competition for the top players will be harder demographically we are disadvantaged and many of our juniors continue to make the trek down ther F3 just like I did a quarter of a century ago. I would like that to stop, we need the a fully financed effort to make our programs better, our top end is working but the bottom needs a lot more work.

And my original comment was "This is not good for The Mariners", I stand by that statement.

Nathan Byrn

Crumbs! We'll be ruined!
Why do you and others call them the Unicorns?

dibo

FFA plan is for NYL to play NSWPL. CCMA presumably would play PYL.

Just because it can't happen now doesn't mean it won't in the future. Future competition rules have not yet been written.

dibo

Just because it can't happen now doesn't mean it won't in the future. Future competition rules have not yet been written.

And Unicorns because until very recently the idea of WS was nowt but a myth, like unicorns, leprechauns and eskimoes.

Nathan Byrn

The problem we have is that the CCF still admin the CCMA and fund it. So the current board would have to find additional funds and reverse their decision or hope for a cash rich CCM to fund the winter program. Or make a proper agreement that benefits CCM and the CCF members. KDSA for example utilise their squads for programs all the way to over 35's training on a Wednesday night.

Nathan Byrn

And Unicorns because until very recently the idea of WS was nowt but a myth, like unicorns, leprechauns and eskimoes.
Eskimoes???

Nathan Byrn

:piralaugh:

You so funny!

You could put any f**king names there you drongo.
I forgot Emerton.
YES you could put any names there, gold star for you! You could also put names of players that come from Western Sydney. I did that because that is where the team is based and possibly that will be the clubs etho's.
The FFA and even Julia stated it's a football heartland. Commonsense says they would prefer players from Western Sydney to attract support plus a massive marquee.

scottmac

Suspended
Oh and Harry Kewell

How many of them live in Western Sydney right now?

Would Matt Ryan have even been given a chance this early if not for a poor small club who ran into transfer and injury troubles?

Watch out people, the world is ending.

asteroid.jpg

Nathan Byrn

How many of them live in Western Sydney right now?

Would Matt Ryan have even been given a chance this early if not for a poor small club who ran into transfer and injury troubles?

Watch out people, the world is ending.

asteroid.jpg
Ask JC I can give you his number if you like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred