• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Western Sydney going ahead in 2013 (p2)

adz

Staff member
So Mick you forgot to answer the question. What's the point of all this?
Nathan, feel free to answer too.

Like i said you have no idea.

Yeah I'm sure in the past we have never had to compete with other clubs for players like you said, that makes total sense!

Just because you say you're right doesn't mean you are.

marinermick

The point of this is to get some reality in the place and clear up much of the misinformation.

Besides this is a forum where we can all have a rant. It's therapeutic.

I had to put up with your rants/negativity about the home end and marinators/yellow army all these years on the forum.

Mumbles

Once again the thread turns towards the future of the Mariners.

If I may close with a bed time story;
There once was a guy who with two other directors that entered into a business quite a bit larger than the Mariners but not too large not to make comparisons.
The business had a great reputation, like the Mariners, had excellent brand recognition, like the Mariners and was losing money like the Mariners.
What had happened was the business had no clear understanding of it's core capabilities so the previous management threw heaps of borrowed money into growth in a desperate attempt to make a profit. Naturally this did not work and they were swimming in debt with no obvious way out. The shareholders were seriously considering selling and cutting their losses.
The new guys took a different approach. They cut spending to everything that was not essential to maintaining the brand while they sat down and worked out what the business was really good at that gave them a great reputation in the first place. A strategy was developed focusing on their core strengths and they had a massive clean out of everything including people that didn't support the strategy. The next year they made a little money. With the money they paid off some debt and the same again the following year to clear all debt. After getting their house in order they invested in good ideas that supported their core strengths (strategy) with cash flow. They never borrowed money again. Now that they understood what they are good at, profits increased as they were in control of the business. They continue to invest in their strengths today with cash.

I have never thought the Mariners will go under as they have a great brand and reputation. I think they are sailing a boat with no rudder right now and need to work out what they are good at before spending borrowed money. The emotional reactions by loyal supporters to throw a few hard earned dollars their way will only feed the incoherence I see now.
The best thing you can do is cut them some slack and let them work it out.
Support them with bums on seats and buy a little merchandise.........brand and reputation!

adz

Staff member
The point of this is to get some reality in the place and clear up much of the misinformation.

Besides this is a forum where we can all have a rant. It's therapeutic.

I had to put up with your rants/negativity about the home end and marinators/yellow army all these years on the forum.

Fair enough I have had a few epic rants about the home end/marinators/yellow army over the years, but they were to raise the issues, and try and change things. Nothing has changed. How are they going now? Worst year ever, probably less support behind the goals now than pre-season of season 1.

So tell me again what you are hoping to achieve?

You're just trolling now.

marinermick

I couldn't have made it more clearer in my last post.

If you choose not to understand it then there is little point in repeating it.

scottmac

Suspended
The best thing you can do is cut them some slack and let them work it out.

Mick, NB.

With you guys being in places of influence in the media and the football communtiy of the Central Coast you would do well to heed this advice otherwise you may find your "opinions" turn to a poison. There are already a few from this forum who are refusing to renew memberships.

I am very grateful for the inside news we get from you guys, but you guys should know that bad news spread with cynicism will never be recieved well.

As for my happy little bubble, it has just as much chance of eventuating as your doomsday prediction.

nikko

Suspended
Fair enough I have had a few epic rants about the home end/marinators/yellow army over the years, but they were to raise the issues, and try and change things. Nothing has changed. How are they going now? Worst year ever, probably less support behind the goals now than pre-season of season 1.

So tell me again what you are hoping to achieve?

You're just trolling now.

Adz, I heard the russians are supplying vodka to the whole of Bay 16, so that place will be rocking soon

Nathan Byrn

Mick, NB.

With you guys being in places of influence in the media and the football communtiy of the Central Coast you would do well to heed this advice otherwise you may find your "opinions" turn to a poison. There are already a few from this forum who are refusing to renew memberships.

I am very grateful for the inside news we get from you guys, but you guys should know that bad news spread with cynicism will never be recieved well.

As for my happy little bubble, it has just as much chance of eventuating as your doomsday prediction.
You have no idea how bad it is...
Happy times are here!!!

MrCelery

I for one am excited by having 3 teams within driving distance (except newcastle is on my barred list)
Also think of the savings that OUR club will make because the "tenth club" is a bus ride both ways.

The extra exposure that WSFC bring will also encourage more of the lost 14/16 (see NB's post)to stay in the game and open up the market even more.

To encourage players here the club must play them and move on older players who cannot be developed any further i,e (and no disrepect to him) the porters in the team.

And with the local system in place we should be able to unearth some talent. (coaches might hold that up a bit though)

Just out of interest, here is a map of potential 'home' venues for WS, plus the NSW Premier League clubs locations.

Map.jpg

Mumbles

Can't wait to find to see who's on the board!
Most of the rep clubs around there are bitter rivals.

You missed Bankstown FC.

Forum Phoenix

You have no idea how bad it is...
Happy times are here!!!

Nathan, could you please elaborate briefly about what you were referring to? Memberships cynicism?

Mick, it was my understanding that primarily the vertically integrated business approach ADZ listed, as well as some rentals
via Newcastle Uni for use of the sports medicine facilities. There was talk of the centre being used by visiting teams and the like wasn't there? Would they also not be planning on the academy paying rent or passing on a share of fees?
Would the Mariners and the Youth also contribute to running costs in some measure?

On the pool, gym, etc, I appreciate that these business are tough to make a profit out of. I know these industries also. There are many failures, however there are successes too.

Personally, I think complexes while a higher risk, are also a more successful model than stand alone businesses. There is definitely an advantage of owning your facility and having multiple businesses all paying the rent, the flow on clientele and combined marketing and branding also.

It's an impressive vision I think, I dearly hope they can pull it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami