• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Western Sydney going ahead in 2013 (p2)

pjennings

How do you know they are Russian investors...

I don't - just going on form. The cynic in me says

1) FFA needs to approve our deal with the Bakries
2) Deal done by the FFA with the Bakries for the Roar
3) FFA needs to approve our Russian investors

leads to

4) Deal done by the FFA with the Russian investors (whose middlemen are from Western Sydney) to invest in a Western Sydney team to replace GCU.

dibo

How is it FFA's fault if we can't seal the deal. If we can't get money for a team that *actually exists* and they can get money for one that can't, why doesn't that say more about us than them?

adz

Staff member
If that's how it went down and the mysterious investors that have (allegedly) been eyeing off the Mariners for a few months all of a sudden popped up as backers of a new Western Sydney team I'd put the blame for that on both the Mariners and the FFA.

Firstly the Mariners for not being able to close the deal, for whatever reasons. But then the FFA for, instead of trying to push the Mariners deal to go through, redirecting the investment money to a new venture where they seem to think the pastures are greener in Western Sydney.

I think the FFA should be responsible for existing clubs first, and shouldn't be trying to lure investors away to form the next half-arsed failure, I mean saviour of the league.

Nathan Byrn

A team in Western Sydney will have disastrous results for The Mariners and our alledged development of players.. Kiss good bye to players like Amini,Duke, Abini.. Hell our whole youth team..

Nathan Byrn

Vukovic, Jedinak, Simon and Amini at least say you're wrong.
Lol that is not even close to being funny.. Google their pathways.

Amini was developed by Blacktown City and AIS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Amini

Jedinak Sydney Utd and NSWIS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile_Jedinak

Simon yes/maybe he was at Manly first.Blossomed under Arnold
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Simon

Vukovic developed in Western sydney and JC has helped
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Vukovic

But these players dont start suddenly developing at 18-22. All except Matt had represented their COUNTRY before coming to the Mariners!!
The Mariners have always targeted the best youth in Sydney 17-18-19. AIS,NSWIS,Manly and Blacktown,Bonnyrigg.

And the reason Arnold gave them a go? We have no cash!!! He had too!!!
The only thing The Mariners have developed is reputation.

dibo

By your definition nobody in the a-league develops anyone. Whatever.

As for competition for players, we draw players from Sydney, as does everyone. There are nearly 200k players in Sydney. For every player on the coast there are about 15 in Sydney. The well is deep.

Nathan Byrn

By your definition nobody in the a-league develops anyone. Whatever.

As for competition for players, we draw players from Sydney, as does everyone. There are nearly 200k players in Sydney. For every player on the coast there are about 15 in Sydney. The well is deep.
Yes thats right. Why do you think the premier leagues clubs blow up about it. And why do you think the clubs like blacktown and olympic hate the A league and the NYL. The PL clubs DEVELOP the players along with the institutes.

elevated position

why do you think the mariners have set the central coast junior's path as they now have. Maybe they did not need to go down that path if the then existing Coast setup was producing a flow of players.
I have asked this question before, who for the last 7 years has the coast developed? And where are they now playing?

dibo

i'd suggest this is one of the reasons why the FNSW competitions review (and the preceding FFA review) is important.

style_cafe

Yes thats right. Why do you think the premier leagues clubs blow up about it. And why do you think the clubs like blacktown and olympic hate the A league and the NYL. The PL clubs DEVELOP the players along with the institutes.
And why do you think the Super League Clubs & Association hate the likes of Blacktown,Olympic & others who continually bleed them for the players that they develop.?

Nathan Byrn

And why do you think the Super League Clubs & Association hate the likes of Blacktown,Olympic & others who continually bleed them for the players that they develop.?
Thats why the premier leagues clubs have introduced PDP, fully endorsed by FNSW. From the age of 7 or 8

Nathan Byrn

why do you think the mariners have set the central coast junior's path as they now have. Maybe they did not need to go down that path if the then existing Coast setup was producing a flow of players.
I have asked this question before, who for the last 7 years has the coast developed? And where are they now playing?
The Mariners have had an Academy for 5 + years based on the coast and Knox grammar. Warmsley, Brown and McClaferty have all been involved. Now, The CCF pays the bills for the coaches and Walmsley writes the program. The coaches of the "Academy" are the same as last years CCFC. Except for Glenn Hall, Hadyn Appo and Roach who coaches the woman. This is nothing new appart from a CCF controlled and financed rep set up minus a mens senior team, rebranded yet again, as the Central Coast Mariners Academy.

dibo

Did you not get the email? One would suggest their hand was forced!

Snuck through because there were only two other alternatives - telling the PDP clubs to f**k off entirely, including from NSWPL and NSWPYL, or pretending they hadn't heard it was happening.

The first required the spending of more political capital than they felt they had, the second would have required that they essentially forfeit whatever political capital they had.

Nathan Byrn

Oh and I forgot to mention the Mariners Academy (western Sydney version) went to China last year. Guess where the Central Coast Mariners Academy went? Nowhere.. It was scrapped..

Nathan Byrn

Snuck through because there were only two other alternatives - telling the PDP clubs to f**k off entirely, including from NSWPL and NSWPYL, or pretending they hadn't heard it was happening.

The first required the spending of more political capital than they felt they had, the second would have required that they essentially forfeit whatever political capital they had.
Yeah I agree.!!!!!
The comp review will be interesting, from the discussions I have had it could be all out war if it goes the way it appears the FFA/FNSW want.

midfielder

The Mariners have had an Academy for 5 + years based on the coast and Knox grammar. Warmsley, Brown and McClaferty have all been involved. Now, The CCF pays the bills for the coaches and Walmsley writes the program. The coaches of the "Academy" are the same as last years CCFC. Except for Glenn Hall, Hadyn Appo and Roach who coaches the woman. This is nothing new appart from a CCF controlled and financed rep set up minus a mens senior team, rebranded yet again, as the Central Coast Mariners Academy.

Nathan

Would love to get you in court on the other side .... your client would sue you tho ... if anyone has argued the other sides point you have...

BTW relating to Jedi & Danny .... are you suggesting that LM & Crawley had nothing to do with their development...that GA & Crawley have had nothing to do with the development of Musty & Matthew Ryan...

However field results may not be enough ... let me provide some outside evidence ... The top team in Germany last year signed Musty ... HHHHMMMmmmm ..... yet they returned him to the Mariners for further development because .....

Tomas returned to Australia called the Mariners and asked to play for us because .... hhhmmm ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred