• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Paolo! Paul Okon is CCM's new coach

dibo

I think the Everton thing is not going to happen. There's simply been no indication that anything at all is going to come from it.

pjennings

I think the Everton thing is not going to happen. There's simply been no indication that anything at all is going to come from it.

We had already agreed terms with Everton and Brendan Galloway before the FFA blocked it last season. He went on to play 21 times for Everton last year and is on loan with West Brom this season where he has made a further 3 appearance in the EPL. The City Group as well as all the other owners have asked the for rule to change so it is likely to be relaxed this season.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...e4owjyi5ypwm19r9pcjhlla3k#4lqSWYhuM299ukWZ.99

Central Coast Mariners coach Paul Okon has taken a swipe at the club’s critics following Saturday night’s hard-earned 1-1 draw away to Western Sydney Wanderers.
Adam Berry’s second-half goal secured a point for the Mariners against last season’s Grand Finalists, a result Okon believes should silence any doubters.

Wanderers, Mariners share the spoils at Spotless

“There was a comment made last week that the Mariners still need to show they’re worthy in the A-League,” Okon said on Fox Sports.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/l...ium_gh6wetgc6go31wd9lwd40o30r.jpg?t=269212488

western-sydney-wanderers-and-central-coast-mariners-played-out-a-1-1-draw-at-spotless-stadium_gh6wetgc6go31wd9lwd40o30r.jpg

“I think in the first four rounds of this competition we’ve shown each game that we are an A-League team.

“If people haven’t seen that hopefully they will change their mind after tonight’s performance.”

Central Coast could well have nicked their first victory of the season as Connor Pain spurned a gilt-edged chance to make it 2-1 in the 59th minute.

Despite the missed opportunity, Okon praised his young outfit for responding positively to going behind in the second minute.

“We’re delighted with the performance,” the former Young Socceroos coach said.

“Not too many teams are going to come to the Wanderers, on their home ground, and dominate them, try to take the game to them.

“I think we showed that’s the style of football we want to play.”

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...e4owjyi5ypwm19r9pcjhlla3k#uUj4zhcLdXQZRZwZ.99

Stick it to 'em Paulo.
Any other team gets the spoon, nobody cares. Jets don't even make the finals for a number of years and nobody talks about them. Us, being one of the most consistently successful teams in the comp with a reasonably well stocked trophy cabinet, gets the spoon once and suddenly people don't think we should be in the comp.
That response is so hysterical, vitriolic and idiotic that I don't care who you are - if that's been your response after 1 season on the bottom, then I think you're a deadset moron who doesn't know the first thing about the game. Yes, I'm talking to you, Victorian NPL coaches who will never be good enough to get past state league.

Arguably one of the poorest lineups on paper during an obvious rebuilding phase with a highly disrupted preseason, and we're 3rd last with 2 losses and 2 draws. That's actually not too shabby....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

thanks for the post love guys.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/okon-hails-league-best-mariners-440815

The Mariners claimed their first win since January, defeating Adelaide United at Coopers Stadium 2-1 on Sunday.

Okon was delighted with his side’s display, which comes after two draws and two losses from their opening four games which he said were full of positives.

“If you’re looking at it as a coach in a technical aspect, from where the team was and where it is now, I think we’re playing the best football in the competition,” Okon said.

“And we’re doing that away from home. I think that shows the confidence is there.

“The players are motivated. Our ambition is to be competitive.

“We don’t think now we’ll go and win the next 24 games.

“We want to be competitive every game and we believe if we can perform like we have in the first five games we’re in with a chance of winning football games.”

Okon said the victory was reward for everyone involved with the club, having not celebrated a triumph in 281 days.

“We felt in the first four games we probably could’ve already had a win,” he said.

“For whatever reason that hasn’t happened. Today our approach was to come and try win the football game.

“I think it’s 281 days since the club last won a game, so for us it’s a big reward, not only for the players but also the staff back home, our supporters and members.

“It’s crazy to think a team doesn’t win a football game in such a long space of time.

“We hope that’s one of many this season and there’s more to come. We’ve worked hard and the players get their reward.”

Okon also praised Connor Pain for his winner which he labeled “superb”

Wombat

Okondreamer.

If we are playing the best Football in the league......i'm gonna fight Conor McGregor next week for 5 Mill and start up front for Scum (Man U) the next day if i'm not too hungover from the victory party.

Still, I love a bloke that truly believes in the dream.
We were the better side for 45mins of a game for the first time this season. Still, like i said, baby steps but in the right direction.
Okon looks the business, for sure, but his Mossy ramblings are quite amusing.

Big Al

Okon sounds like he's on the drink when you read what he says but

Team playing better and unlike Arnie puts Faty and Tav on the pine but brings them back to show they can play better without calling them out in the media. Wether this is true or not it appears that way. Tav was moving fine and Faty being hurt in Perth was complete bull as never got near anyone

Keep it up to January and we should be looking to extend his contract by a year with a little pay rise

Timmah

We were the better side for 45mins of a game for the first time this season. Still, like i said, baby steps but in the right direction.
We've actually been the better side in the second half vs Perth R1, Brisbane R3 and WSW R4 in addition to Sunday's game. IMO anyway.

midfielder

With Arnold looking to be heading to Holland next year it would be in our interest to sign Okon to a longer term before South Gosford FC come calling...

dibo

I don't think Arnie's heading to NAC Breda. Why would a successful first team coach go to the Netherlands (not Holland, that's like saying you're going to Australia by saying "I'm going to Western Australia") to be a youth coach?

JoyfulPenguin

I don't think Arnie's heading to NAC Breda. Why would a successful first team coach go to the Netherlands (not Holland, that's like saying you're going to Australia by saying "I'm going to Western Australia") to be a youth coach?
Definitely, if he was going to be a head coach I could certainly understand. But offering a Youth coaching role to one of the A-League's most successful coaches is frankly insulting.

Big Al

Because SFC haven't offered a contract or entered into discussion as far as is public knowledge, but MC have already enquired as JVS is rumoured to be heading back o/s after the season. So if not SFC it could be City looking.

Arnie may feel disrespected by not being given an upgrade but the start to the season should get them moving on it

dibo

Because SFC haven't offered a contract or entered into discussion as far as is public knowledge, but MC have already enquired as JVS is rumoured to be heading back o/s after the season. So if not SFC it could be City looking.

Arnie may feel disrespected by not being given an upgrade but the start to the season should get them moving on it
Source on either SFC not having "offered a contract or entered into discussion" or the claim that "MC have already enquired"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred