• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Paolo! Paul Okon is CCM's new coach

localpom

We still have the same Strength and Conditioning staff...
To be fair we didn't have many injuries either. They obviously did a good job there. As far as fading towards the end of games I think we just simply crumbled after been under intense pressure for so long. It seemed to be more a mental thing than physical to me.

Gratis

To be fair we didn't have many injuries either. They obviously did a good job there. As far as fading towards the end of games I think we just simply crumbled after been under intense pressure for so long. It seemed to be more a mental thing than physical to me.
I think this too

nebakke

I think this too

This is one of the reasons why I don't think it's near as impossible for us to get into the top 6 as everyone seem to. I have to admit, I can't tell you easily, what 4 teams we'd beat to get there but - for all of our complaining, I think one of he prime reasons why most fans still seem to swear that Tony was a better option than Moss is that we looked competitive for at least one half of most games last seasons... It was usually the middle bit-or-so which let us down... That was usually the bit where they suddenly had a bunch of brain snaps and things collapsed. So if we can avoid those I think we'd be well on the way... I think we have the potential to have a better "whole of" type team, than most expect, rather than a team with a bunch of "individual brilliance" players ;)

Forum Phoenix

Agree that the fading can be answered in large part by youth/mental strength. But have been told from within the camp that the intensity of training sessions in the last two years was simply not there. That would account for it also.

So I'm taking some hope in what Powell just said about intensity is more than some lip service to your new boss.

Last edited:

Big Al

You can run for an hour or you can run hard for an hour.

It's sounds more like intensity is the issue, which would explain crumbling in games when the pressure was cranked up

Big Al

THE good news for Paul Okon, as he prepares for his competitive debut as a club coach, is that his arrival at the Mariners has given the club an adrenaline shot of confidence, according to the owner of the Gosford outfit.

The bad news is the corollary of that confidence — that the same owner now has his eyes on getting to the finals. If that seems a substantial leap of faith after last season’s calamitous campaign, and with a squad short on dramatic flair, then that’s the unforgiving spotlight that Okon has entered by giving up the role of national U20s coach and seeking to make it in the club game.

It doesn’t make things easier that Okon has inherited a squad that was assembled by his predecessor, Tony Walmsley, before an embarrassing FFA Cup defeat sealed Walmsley’s fate. It also follows a campaign when the team was little short of a laughing stock. But the supporters seem to have a modicum of faith, judging by the close to 5000 members who have signed up, far ahead of the number this time a year ago.

The past season was “appalling”, Charlesworth admitted — under a coach who he ultimately appointed of course — but his optimism appears resolute.

From same article in CCM fans and the club. Was part of 8 page lift out in daily telegraph promoting start of A League season

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...f/news-story/b7c14f61c41068d6d5356f3bed8c02ab

Wombat

Mikey the Pikey is so full of shit its amazing. He has invested f**k all this season but expects the world.
I do expect us to trouble a lot of sides this year but what happens for example if Roy or Monty get injured?
We were appalling because of Mike's control.

dibo

Roy and Monty aren't in the trouble spots. I'm more worried about 10, CB and FB.

Rowdy

FB ?
Both sides perhaps imo.

RB:
• has Stormy regained back enough strength as well as accrued enough pre-season minutes in those legs for him to claim a starting spot?
• pray to sweet baby jesus that he doesnt do an 'Adelson' and suffer another injury in the opposite leg after coming back from injury .... as (re-injuring) seems 'to be all the rage' in the A-League at the moment.
- Adelson (CCM)
- Gameiro (MCity)
- Jordan Elsey (Adelaide)

If Posco has to be moved to the RB, then yeah - the ????'s start popping up about who replaces him at CB.

LB:
• Micky Neil was terrible at LB for the start of last season BUT Walmsley persisted with him 'despite the shite', until finally 'hooking-him' in Rnd7 or thereabouts iirc.
- Will Neil start off strong @ LB ??
- If NOT, don't know what to make of Brad Mcdonald as a back-up, off of the very little we saw of him last season.

Last edited:

Wombat

AT LAST.....Some realistic sentiment.
CB is an issue. For me Posco and Faty is our starting pair.....what if either is injured or suspended?
FB is an issue.....both Storm and Neill are suspect. Both have huge potential but under 2 coaches that were clueless defensively they learnt very little. Posco can sure up RB but McDonald does not look starting 11 quality at LB
We dont have a 10.....but are hoping Powell can play there.
Our squad is lightweight.
Mikey has improved it but still in a totally cheap arse way.
The less i hear from him the better.

FFC Mariner

We will be 9th. Battling, competitive but 9th. We simply don't have the quality

Football is about money. Spend big like we did under Arnie and you can win. Spend less and you will struggle.

Timmah

We still have the same Strength and Conditioning staff...
This simply isn't true - the club put out a release a couple of months back indicating Andrew Nealon moved to a 'Head of Medical' role with a new first team physio coming in - Murray Leyland.

Did a good job on Tavares' cramping last night too haha

style_cafe

This simply isn't true - the club put out a release a couple of months back indicating Andrew Nealon moved to a 'Head of Medical' role with a new first team physio coming in - Murray Leyland.

Did a good job on Tavares' cramping last night too haha

I wonder if he`ll be able to "uncork" Faty at some stage this season...:popcorn:

Rowdy

I wonder if he`ll be able to "uncork" Faty at some stage this season...:popcorn:
I'll 'Resveratrol' my opinions on whether Faty will bounce back after last nites shite.

Sticking with the 'wine-theme-
- We paid Faty about x2 of these expecting a similar quality.
Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-52-33-1.png
BUT we got this quality instead.
Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-42-01-1.png

Big Al

Punts Hutch
Now pulls Faty mid shocker

Not afraid of making a big call.

Team looked good offensively but a lot of work to be done defensively but the cattle doesn't help

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred