• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Paolo! Paul Okon is CCM's new coach

Rowdy

Adam Berry (he was signed to his first professional deal under Walmsley in May and then extended last week without a head coach in place)

I think its now safe to say that Berry was signed whilst the Head Coach was in place. ;)

I think it was either yorkshireman or GrA that first spotted the 'leak' on Paul Okon’s Wiki page, that then coincided with reports of Paolo having coffee with Mielekamp just after the Young Socceroo's v CCM game that all leads me to have no doubt that Berry's significant deal of a 3 year signing was ALL Okon’s doing.

So now, don't have any problems with the length, Paolo obviously thinks he'll devolop into 'X-fer' material that fits our etho$. ;)

Rowdy

Unnecessary.
Tevor's joined the forum a little more than 2 weeks ago.
Mielekamp is on here, hate to have seen Tev interact with Keensy thinking it's the real Okon, only to end up feeling like an idiot.

dibo

Unnecessary.
Tevor's joined the forum a little more than 2 weeks ago.
Mielekamp is on here, hate to have seen Tev interact with Keensy thinking it's the real Okon, only to end up feeling like an idiot.
I making a joke post because (as you would remember) for a long time Keensy et al were posting silly posts like the one I made.

I'm not picking on Tevor at all; if anything I'm picking on Keensy.

@Tevor - I hope you feel very welcome and did not misconstrue my post.

Paolo

I wish i was still 25.

P.s Rowdy, ive been here longer than Okon, if anything he should change his nickname as a sign of respect for me ;)

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
If Okon wants to register on the forum he can be Coach Paolo, or Paolo Too.
Or something.

Rowdy

I wish i was still 25.

P.s Rowdy, ive been here longer than Okon, if anything he should change his nickname as a sign of respect for me ;)

I added an 'ish to the 25
- You'll always be 'little' Keensy to me.;)

Its better than 'Rudan's brother'. :p

Big Al

Excited and hope he can stay around long enough to put his own stamp on the team.

Hope there is a 3rd year option in favour of the club.

If he does well he should have a big say in the 17/18 line up, don't want to see him set that up and then move on.

Will be interesting to see what he does with McGing and Ashcroft. I don't think they are where they should be and would be my first casualties. Bingham may find himself there to with Powell now around.

First job, get Monty out of defence and sign a CB

midfielder

Welcome Paolo

Big job, huge fan of yours for yonks...

Along with Popa, Muski, Aloisis its kinda the turn of your generation to take the reins ....

Wombat

Welcome Paul.
Best of luck mate.
Defence needs a rocket and we need another starting CB to play along side Faty.

Coach

Ok first thoughts - seems an organised appointment and they are aiming on success. Football is a results based business, patience isn't in abundance and should not be. I do not want to hear 'Okon did not get to pick his squad so should not be judged until he has his own squad' that's unreasonable in this business and a cop out.

Interesting that we would appoint the candidate with the poorest record, could be OK as Ange had a similar record with
Socceroo youth prior to Brisbane but he had Berisha and a cast of stars.

I don't think the current squad were that aligned with Hutch being so young, in fact I think only Monty, Storm and Mickey Neill played with him (maybe Posc)

As for Okon attracting the best youth, don't hold your breath, his popularity is not that high with those players as they found his attitude inconsistent at best.

I wish him the best of luck and expect to see a clear improvement before Xmas.

sydmariner

Excited and hope he can stay around long enough to put his own stamp on the team.

Hope there is a 3rd year option in favour of the club.

If he does well he should have a big say in the 17/18 line up, don't want to see him set that up and then move on.

Will be interesting to see what he does with McGing and Ashcroft. I don't think they are where they should be and would be my first casualties. Bingham may find himself there to with Powell now around.

First job, get Monty out of defence and sign a CB
We need a LB to replace rosey 1st

scottmac

Suspended
As for Hutchos departure, from Okons POV, quickest way to implement your plan is get rid of the establishment. The last thing id want as a new manager is a piece of the furniture that owns more respect from the club than you do.
Good move IMO and one that excites me.

Holy

For me his signing provides me with some optimism, especially with Ange's blessing.

I'm looking forward to see what he can mold from our roster, especially if he plays a style in line with Ange's philosophy.

Welcome Paolo, look forward to seeing what you can do with our team.

Just one thing, after 2 seasons of watching Mossy and TW similingly not giving a 'rats' please could you show a bit animated passion on the sideline like somebody who at least gives a f....k

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred