• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Bex

Week 10 result: Mariners 2, jest Nil.

A-League ladder: Mariners 20 points, jest 13 points.

Total points over 7 regular seasons: Mariners 225, jest 195

Wooden spoons: Mariners 0, jest 1

patrick_vieira4

It's more like 6 and a bit regular seasons.

Championships: Mariners 0 Jets 1.
24.02.08: Mariners 0 Jets 1.
Rd 3 2011/12 season: Mariners 0 Jets 1.
Tifo made that labels another team as poor when their own team is bankrupt and their community has a higher unemployment rate than the community they are referencing: Mariners 1 Jets 0.

bikinigirl

Tifo made that labels another team as poor when their own team is bankrupt and their community has a higher unemployment rate than the community they are referencing: Mariners 1 Jets 0.

:piralaugh: (where is the clutching at straws emoticon)

. please go away

nomad

I took a foreign visitor to the game and walked him back the train station afterwards with my kids only to be greeted by a lot of aggro in the streets of Gosford. Then when we got to the station to buy a ticket a group of young drunk Jets supporters came through and kicked in the vending near us. My son got hit from the broken plastic flying about. A real class act! My kids were scared from this experience and I won't be taking them to another derby as a result.

I really believe for the good of the game we should adopt a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behaviour. If you screw up and overstep the line then you're banned from ALL A-league games. Some might think this is harsh but I don't accept that a bunch of young blokes think they can come to an A-League football match get drunk, abusive and violent when there are young kids attending.

MrCelery

I took a foreign visitor to the game and walked him back the train station afterwards with my kids only to be greeted by a lot of aggro in the streets of Gosford. Then when we got to the station to buy a ticket a group of young drunk Jets supporters came through and kicked in the vending near us. My son got hit from the broken plastic flying about. A real class act! My kids were scared from this experience and I won't be taking them to another derby as a result.

I really believe for the good of the game we should adopt a zero tolerance policy for this sort of behaviour. If you screw up and overstep the line then you're banned from ALL A-league games. Some might think this is harsh but I don't accept that a bunch of young blokes think they can come to an A-League football match get drunk, abusive and violent when there are young kids attending.

Agree totally. Doesn't matter what Club these idiots are from, they should be locked up. I hope the station's CCTV caught them in the act and State Rail follows up on the vandalism with the Police.

To the Club's credit, when I was entering the ground last weekend, there were a few of these idiots (not wearing either the Jets or Mariners gear I might add) that were being refused entry. When we need every paying customer possible, it's good to see that we're maintaining our no tolerance policy and not looking the other way to this sort of behaviour.

gull

A mate texted me last night and said " Just saw a Scum fan put on his arse"....but then no further details...so not sure what happened??

From what I saw just a scum kid that had too much to drink. Don't know what caused the him to be put on his arse but the police handled it well and had him on the way to the station until he decided to go back for his thongs. Credit to his mates as they did their best to try to stop him, and they apologised to me as they were up against our car trying to hold him back (they didn't cause any damage at all, and had no intention of doing any more than just stop their mate). One of them shook my hand and said sorry afterwards which was appreciated.

The kid then got away from them and that's when the police grabbed him and I assume arrested him. They tried their best not to, and he had plenty of warning but wouldn't listen. Next thing there were two riot squad vans and police everywhere. After about five miuntes they realised it was nothing and it all just faded away...

He copped plenty from the CCM fans as they went past - not that I think that helped the situation.

p-diddy

From what I saw just a scum kid that had too much to drink. Don't know what caused the him to be put on his arse but the police handled it well and had him on the way to the station until he decided to go back for his thongs. Credit to his mates as they did their best to try to stop him, and they apologised to me as they were up against our car trying to hold him back (they didn't cause any damage at all, and had no intention of doing any more than just stop their mate). One of them shook my hand and said sorry afterwards which was appreciated.

The kid then got away from them and that's when the police grabbed him and I assume arrested him. They tried their best not to, and he had plenty of warning but wouldn't listen. Next thing there were two riot squad vans and police everywhere. After about five miuntes they realised it was nothing and it all just faded away...

He copped plenty from the CCM fans as they went past - not that I think that helped the situation.

was probably the jets fan i saw king hit by a ccm supporter who then turned on his heel and took off. obviously there was an exchange of words between the two. it's ok though right?

also, bikini girl, way to miss the point.

ExiledMariner

Fantastic performance against Tinklers second favorite team (third if you count his stable of ponies).

There is something special about this team, can't wait for Saturday.

Anyone flying up?

Bex

Oh well, I suppose you better get used to living in the past because there's going to be no joy for you or your crappy team in the future.

marinermick

Oh well, I suppose you better get used to living in the past because there's going to be no joy for you or your crappy team in the future.

I agree. Money has and will make the players and club soft.

While the Breakers were not that pretty to watch and often lost they always put everything on the line for the Newcastle people. This team just capitulated on the weekend when things got hard.

Some of the past Newcstle heroes like Andy Roberts, Troy Halpin, Mark Wilson, Shane Pryce, Darren Stewart etc knew what it was like to be in a working class team in a working class town. People respected them because they bled blue and red and always put in.

To a lesser extent players like Andrew Durante, Joel Griffiths and Jade North got it.

The only ones left with any ticker at the Jets are Tarek Elrich and Topor Stanley and they are so ravaged by injury that they are a shadow of their former selves.

Until they get some pride back and play for the people of Newcastle the Jets will perform even less with money.

curious

The vid answers the question of what keeps casuals away and newbies from returning. Unless of course they are teens themselves. How do they get away with just walking up the middle of the roads and stopping traffic?

style_cafe

The vid answers the question of what keeps casuals away and newbies from returning. Unless of course they are teens themselves. How do they get away with just walking up the middle of the roads and stopping traffic?
I`ve been going to Bluetongue for the last 5 years & thats the first I`ve seen it.
I walked in front of them as they came past the Club & to be honest I thought it added to the atmosphere of the derby.They were no trouble at that stage.
Maybe being beaten by us so convincingly pissed them off,or it could have been that they didn`t really have a decent shot all game,or maybe that their team was so crap...

patrick_vieira4

I agree. Money has and will make the players and club soft.

While the Breakers were not that pretty to watch and often lost they always put everything on the line for the Newcastle people. This team just capitulated on the weekend when things got hard.

Some of the past Newcstle heroes like Andy Roberts, Troy Halpin, Mark Wilson, Shane Pryce, Darren Stewart etc knew what it was like to be in a working class team in a working class town. People respected them because they bled blue and red and always put in.

To a lesser extent players like Andrew Durante, Joel Griffiths and Jade North got it.

The only ones left with any ticker at the Jets are Tarek Elrich and Topor Stanley and they are so ravaged by injury that they are a shadow of their former selves.

Until they get some pride back and play for the people of Newcastle the Jets will perform even less with money.

I agree with this so much. In the current crop I'd also say especially Labi and also Zadkid get it aswell. The rest are just playing football for the contract. But IMO that's a reflection on the game in general these days, not just one team.

Having personally played with/against 4outof5 of the heroes you mentioned, I'm in total agreeance. And being an Awaba boy I've got nothing but pride in Darren Stewart.

It's the one thing the Coast & Brisbane have that most other teams don't - they're playing for their community. The reason Matt McKay wanted to come first last year was so he could bring a grand final to Brisbane, it wasn't because he wanted to get showcased.

Wombat

was probably the jets fan i saw king hit by a ccm supporter who then turned on his heel and took off. obviously there was an exchange of words between the two. it's ok though right?

also, bikini girl, way to miss the point.

I didn't see it but my mate said the CCM boys were putting shit on some scum fans (as u would expect after easy win) and a drunk scummer ran forward to have a go. Apparently he was much bigger than the CCM fan but the coastie threw a beautiful right cross and sat him down. Apparently he apologized to my mate who had a 4yo with him and was advised to get on his toes as the coppers we on the way.
Sounds like usual story of drunk scum fan being out of control but getting what he deserved. No king hit....just a twat learning the hard way.

p-diddy

I didn't see it but my mate said the CCM boys were putting shit on some scum fans (as u would expect after easy win) and a drunk scummer ran forward to have a go. Apparently he was much bigger than the CCM fan but the coastie threw a beautiful right cross and sat him down. Apparently he apologized to my mate who had a 4yo with him and was advised to get on his toes as the coppers we on the way.
Sounds like usual story of drunk scum fan being out of control but getting what he deserved. No king hit....just a twat learning the hard way.

even if it was the same incident, it's funny how you spin things. had the tables been turned you would be on about the jets fan who decked some poor mariners fan who was on his way to save a puppy from a burning house.

Wombat

Lol.
It's because we know how to behave normally where as a lot of your drunken kids simply have no idea about what is appropriate behavior .....that and the fact we simple don't like you.
No other fans in HAL are such dickheads, pure and simple.

furns

Lol.
It's because we know how to behave normally where as a lot of your drunken kids simply have no idea about what is appropriate behavior .....that and the fact we simple don't like you.
No other fans in HAL are such dickheads, pure and simple.
Absolute and pure rubbish. Lets not mention the numerous Mariners fans verbally and physically intimidating Jets fans as they were walking back to the station (I was personally targeted because I was walking alone carrying equipment), and you have clearly never seen the local papers after an adelaide/victory or sydney/victory game - similar stories are numerous.
Dont let your derby hate cloud your brain, there are morons on both sides and at many other clubs all over the effing planet, end of story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred