• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

Wombat

I have seen every single team in HAL and have mingled with fans from most teams and can firmly state Scum fans are easily the most bogan by some margin. Not only are many of them witless fools with no manners they seam to have an inbuilt chip on the shoulder.
I've seen some decent Scum fans but the proportion of tools is exceedingly high. I believe the Knights fans also have a reputation for being Scummy as well so maybe it has something to do with the city you live in.
I make a lot of money out of the Hunter region and know some lovely people up there but when it comes to the Jets your not called Scum for nothing. Even your squadrunts spokesperson couldn't talk in an appropriate manner to the newspaper.

p-diddy

I have seen every single team in HAL and have mingled with fans from most teams and can firmly state Scum fans are easily the most bogan by some margin. Not only are many of them witless fools with no manners they seam to have an inbuilt chip on the shoulder.
I've seen some decent Scum fans but the proportion of tools is exceedingly high. I believe the Knights fans also have a reputation for being Scummy as well so maybe it has something to do with the city you live in.
I make a lot of money out of the Hunter region and know some lovely people up there but when it comes to the Jets your not called Scum for nothing. Even your squadrunts spokesperson couldn't talk in an appropriate manner to the newspaper.

Did you ever think that it may have something to do with the fact that we're fierce rivals? Why would Perth, Wellington, Heart etc. fans have a problem with you?

LFCMariners

That's a fair point to make Mr Combs, but even speaking to fans of teams other than the Mariners who have travelled to EAS and you hear similar stories of harrasment and/ or vandalism. So although the F3 derby would heighten the tension, it certainly isn't an isolated case.

And in response to Wombat, having been to every NRL ground except Kogarah, WIN, Dairy Farmers and Mt Smart, I would say I have found Brookvale to be the most feral. Even the "westies" out at Penrith or Campbelltown are far better behaved towards opposition supporters.

midfielder

LOL the Squadron want our team... admit the Scum are crap... hope he showed his mates... from the Roar

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/12/17/newcastles-squadron-following-the-wrong-team/

Newcastle’s Squadron following the wrong team

By janek.speight, 17 Dec 2011

The F3 derby was a non-contest on the pitch, but yet so was the contest in the stands.

While the Mariners completely outplayed a clueless Newcastle side, who are the Jekyll and Hyde of the A-League when it comes to home/away form, the Jets fans equally outplayed the home mob with similar aplomb.

I have in the past not been a fan of the Squadron, but there is no doubt they have stepped up a notch this season.

They’re constant singing throughout matches and the time and effort spent making banners has impressed this season.

Even when they were losing in the derby they were still more vocal than the regular occupiers at Bluetongue Stadium.

A paltry crowd of 10, 643 also compares poorly to the 14, 421 at Ausgrid in the corresponding fixture (which was slightly disappointing anyway).

Mariners’ fans may now point out the “disgraceful” behaviour of Jets fans at the recent derby – flares were lit and plastic beer cups were thrown at Troy Hearfield – however I don’t want to get into that. We’ll leave that to the comments section.

The point is the Mariners have a beautiful team who play intelligent football with a manager – as much as it pains me to say it – who seems to have the tactical sense to win any game.

On the other hand the Jets team is slow, creatively poor, and shaky in defence, though they have been hampered by a turbulent off-season.

They perform wonders at home and even Haliti can play decent in front of his own fans.

But I cannot think of one player in the Jets squad who would step into another A-League side’s first 11 without any dramas.

I wish I was wrong and stand to be proven otherwise.

A fully fit Ben Kantarovski maybe but his injury seems to have disrupted his career and he is yet to hit his straps this season.

So it seems obvious that the Mariners deserve the home following that the Jets fans give their team.

And with the drivel dished out away from home the Jets hardly deserve a travelling support of about 2,000 to an away derby.

The lively support of Jets fans is what any A-League team would want, they really do sing when they’re losing.

It is the kind of support a top-two side in the A-League deserves.

Though I’ll take an average side with passionate support over a high-flying club with quiet, polite and seemingly disinterested supporters any day.

Bex

LOL so you would prefer the Mariners that's weird. And now every Mariner feels just a little bit dirty after being ogled by a jest supporter.

dibo

NTS, Byun, Griffiths and Brockie are all perfectly sound players. If Wehrmann were a year or two younger he'd be gold.

And the Jets' active support is great, but still polluted by dickheads while ours is smaller but still proud and loyal. The pissing contest is pointless.

And whoever wrote that dribble needs an editor or at least a proofreader.

LFCMariners

I remember in Season 1, going to EAS for the first leg of the semi against the Scum and the Squadron consisted of a gold and white flag and some ripped up newspaper for a tifo. The YA outsang the home fans so clearly I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.

Skip forward 6 seasons and The Squadron has captured the imagination of seemingly every young male bogan in Newcastle who wants to be well 'ard like what he's seen in 'Green Street Hooligans' 'Football Factory' and the hooligan vids on youtube (coincidence that the Squadron's growth has coincided with the growth of youtube?) Furthermore, a lax (non-existant?) 'No dickheads' policy in The Squadron, contrasted with a group like The Cove, means none of the brainless morons have been weeded out. That may be around the corner though.

Our hardcore support has been damaged by the Marinators/ Coastie Boys/ YA splits as well as changes of bay- all well-documented on these threads over the last few years. The Tards have had similar problems with the NT/ BWB split and heavy Policing. They used to have the best active support of any team in the HAL, but they have fallen away considerably and now The Cove (IMO) have the mantle of best supporter group.

patrick_vieira4

If we're on the reminiscing train..

I remember a flag also.

It was 24 Feb 2008.

The Mariners brought a flag to a grand final as their tifo.

The Jets, well you should jump on that youtube thing for that.

adz

Staff member
2008? Straws, clutching, etc.. People walked from the marinators/whatever because they got sick of the politics involved, and it wasn't fun any more.

BTW who's top of the league right now?

marinermick

2008? Straws, clutching, etc.. People walked from the marinators/whatever because they got sick of the politics involved, and it wasn't fun any more.

BTW who's top of the league right now?

They are living in the past Adz.

Can't blame them though. Newcastle national league football teams have only had one trophy since 1977. It's their only joy in a city whose team have stumbled along and underperformed for decades.

Even when money has come in it has made the club softer and players have played with less heart.

Mediocre is the word that best sums up Newcastle football. Even the town's governing body, Northern New South Wales Football, is in turmoil.

Meanwhile, the Mariners, who from day one has struggled financially, continues to make this region proud.

LFCMariners

Jest fans will still be talking about 2008 in 2028 as much as they do now, even though the Mariners will have accumulated plenty more trophies in the meantime. That lot up the F3 have the feel of lol@50uff$ about them...

Wombat

Did you ever think that it may have something to do with the fact that we're fierce rivals? Why would Perth, Wellington, Heart etc. fans have a problem with you?

Mate. I've always loved a tear up...... at the appropriate time and place.
The key is with your rabble they don't know how to behave at any time. Jumping on a family car with kids in it just marks you down as retarded or scum.
Lack of civility/manners shows weakness.
It has nothing to do with rivalry....if you are a cock head (and most Squadrunts are) you are a cockhead no matter who you are playing.

MrCelery

They are living in the past Adz.

Can't blame them though. Newcastle national league football teams have only had one trophy since 1977. It's their only joy in a city whose team have stumbled along and underperformed for decades.

Even when money has come in it has made the club softer and players have played with less heart.

Mediocre is the word that best sums up Newcastle football. Even the town's governing body, Northern New South Wales Football, is in turmoil.

Meanwhile, the Mariners, who from day one has struggled financially, continues to make this region proud.

Er...not quite accurate MM.

1984 NSL Cup as Newcastle Rosebud United
1984 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Rosebud United
1995-96 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Breakers
2007-08 Championship as Newcastle Jets
2008-09 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Jets

For the rest you're spot on!

marinermick

Er...not quite accurate MM.

1984 NSL Cup as Newcastle Rosebud United
1984 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Rosebud United
1995-96 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Breakers
2007-08 Championship as Newcastle Jets
2008-09 Wooden Spoon as Newcastle Jets

For the rest you're spot on!

Thought Rosebuds were finalists in 1984 but have checked OzFootball and you are right.

Didn't consider the humiliations that are wodden spoons as they are not official trophies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred