• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

Wombat

Definately Arnold and Moss in!!!!!

Nice headache...who to drop for Perez.... Hutcho or Griffiths?

Matt--Simon

Definately Arnold and Moss in!!!!!

Nice headache...who to drop for Perez.... Hutcho or Griffiths?

Perez will be a 50 or 60th minute sub against gold coast. Then make his starting debut in front of a home crowd against fury to be subbed around the 60th minutes just to gain match fitness

tyson

Also been getting some work on his other hamstring... so definitely coming off the bench at the beach.
Hutch over for Griffiths of course. Griffo hasn't been spectacular in his last 2 starts, which he will have to be to start over Hutch.

CCM-JAM80

Not sure how we drop Griffiths, he has been very good for us where I feel Hutch is still feeling his way in to the season thus far. I'd start Perez too. Too good to pigeon holed as a "impact player off the bench".

tyson

Not sure how we drop Griffiths, he has been very good for us where I feel Hutch is still feeling his way in to the season thus far. I'd start Perez too. Too good to pigeon holed as a "impact player off the bench".

I think it is more a case of fitness than him being an impact player. When fully fit, he will start every game.

Hutch is more favourable because of his leadership qualities and the respect he has in the team. I think it has also been mentioned on here that Arnold sees Griffiths as more of a CB than a DM.

MagpieMariner

Much as I'd love to see Perez starting, I wouldn't want him burned out early. Provided the guys turn up to play like Friday night, how about him coming on at 60 with us ahead against a tiring defence....
Magic.

MagpieMariner

When GA was first mentioned as possibly our new coach everyone had very negative things to say, and the other clubs' supporters laughed. Being a new convert to football, I had no history with him, so I didn't know what to expect.
I have to say that so far apart from the match in NZ he has done very well, and the recruits he has brought in have done superbly. Hopefully this will continue (and I see no reason why not) so that at season end (or even before) the doubters here will be happy to change their opinion, and to the other clubs' supporters we can say "So what makes you think you know anything?".
Well done so far GA, keep up the good work.

Roy Law

Can't wait to get 'Graham Arnold' on the back of my shirt :) Wonder if that would be a first (ever)?

Forum Phoenix

Not "everyone" spike.

Also I disagree with people on Perez's fitness.
Arnie brought him on at 55, with ET thats nearly 40 minutes of football. He looked fine... Better than fine.
With all thats gone on, he should be chomping at the bit I'd say.

I wont be at all surprised if he starts, but won't play ninety.

Forum Phoenix

Alos meant to mention Arnie's subs once more.
He'll make double changes early, or hold all subs till after 80...
No patterns, all depends on what he's seeing... and so far he's read it all spot on for me.

Top work.

Arnold IN.

MagpieMariner

Not "everyone" spike.

Also I disagree with people on Perez's fitness.
Arnie brought him on at 55, with ET thats nearly 40 minutes of football. He looked fine... Better than fine.
With all thats gone on, he should be chomping at the bit I'd say.

I wont be at all surprised if he starts, but won't play ninety.

Fair enough FP, I based my "everybody" on the lack of pro-GA posts I saw, and the lack of any pro-GA comments I heard from my associates who have been involved with football a lot longer than I have. I should have said most instead of everybody.
Just to set the record clear, I wasn't having a go at those who weren't in favour of GA, either; they obviously had reason for their opinion. I'm just hoping, for all our sakes and the sake of our club, that he will have given "everybody" good reason to revise that opinion. It's looking good so far.

bikinigirl

Alos meant to mention Arnie's subs once more.
He'll make double changes early, or hold all subs till after 80...
No patterns, all depends on what he's seeing... and so far he's read it all spot on for me.

Top work.

Arnold IN.

. understand the reasoning for it, but i was getting worried he was leaving the subs a bit late. from my viewpoint the boys were visibly starting to tire ... they had all worked so hard thankfully nobody was caught out

. also an advantage of our starting strikers ... lots of running with a bench to replace them when needed

midfielder

Mike Tuckman gives GA a good write in the Roar today...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/09/13/this-will-be-the-most-entertaining-a-league-campaign-

This will be the most entertaining A-League campaign yet
Who would be a Eurosnob? You know it’s going to be a strange season when a Graham Arnold side is playing the kind of football you’d expect to see from one of the major European leagues, but all signs point to this season being the best A-League season yet – on the pitch, at least.

Daniel McBreen’s fantastic winner for Central Coast Mariners against Melbourne Heart on Friday night was an example of the kind of fluid passing football the A-League has been crying out for all these years, and long may it continue under Arnold’s stewardship.

The much-maligned tactician was rightly criticised for his poor performances in charge of the national team and Olyroos, but Arnold at least deserves a platform to redeem himself, and he appears to be doing precisely that in charge of a Mariners outfit far less reliant on the long-ball football they once preferred.

How the Mariners fit the returning Patricio Perez into their system remains to be seen, and the Argentine isn’t the only flashy playmaker currently making a name for himself in the A-League.

Jerem

A lot would have to do with his dealings at Nthn spirit.
I my self dont remember much of that, more of clayton zane!
but i for one am happily suprised at what he has been able to turn out

weemac and bojic are flying the left is starting to mould and the centre is looking strong

dutchie is making the great wall of BT stronger by the day. and by all accounts ryan is
proving his point

Revilo

Although it is still early days, I think Arnold has done a magnificent job so far, and has been a breath of fresh air.

Results have been coming our way, with a bit of luck, which can turn at any time, but even so, the football has been a pleasure to watch and beats the long-ball style we used to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred