• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

dru

In fairness to the vast majority of posters, they adopted a wait and see attitude (FFC included). There were many who were disappointed with Arnie's appointment and I suspect they were licking their lips, waiting to feast on the carcass once he failed.

I'd like to hear what they have to say about Arnies reign as coach this season.

He will be given a chance, it starts from now though. recruitment will be judged over the next 6 months then he gets a three month grace on the pitch (half way point of the season) If he does not have us in the top 5 or at least in the mix for finals (is a couple of points off 5th) at that point then the knives will start to come out. I think he will last the season but he has to make the finals less he be deemed a failure.

The way I saw it he was going to be judged against season 1 and what Lawrie did back then. With out a Brisbane side that this year has been very good we may have been challenging for a second premiership which I think says it all and that he has to be given pass marks for the season at least. He is not the monster that I feared and he has done well with a team that is only partly his own and his confidence in our youth has been impressive.

shipwreck

Pretty sure we are xonfused, when he says win the grand final, I thought he meant win the toile seat and some rumpus pending that was floating around, if by win the gf u just mean win rights to host and the rumour is us gettif screwed over, then meh who cares

Roy Law

Will have mixed emotions if we do win the GF and the rumour I heard becomes fact.
Yes, I can read and this clearly says if we do win the GF not if we do win the right to host the GF...and yes, I did think tht he was referring to playing the GF at SFS hence my not so serious response.

nero

What I love about this season and Arnie in charge is that the team is consistent.
Two wins in a row doesn't mean a drop in form or a big win one week and then a boring defensive 0-0 the next. Use to rip the heart out when we played like that. TY Arnie.

Forum Phoenix

What I love about this season and Arnie in charge is that the team is consistent.
Two wins in a row doesn't mean a drop in form or a big win one week and then a boring defensive 0-0 the next. Use to rip the heart out when we played like that. TY Arnie.

So true. Was driving home tonight with my son and had to work to remember the last time I saw us lose :blink:
THAT is a SERIOUSLY good problem to have.
:vhappy:

That's "system" vs "player performances" I believe.

AUFC I have maintained tis year when other forum fans and fox pundits kept rating them as the number two despite their multi games in hand on us. Were still a player performance team for me. They had to gel and be in the groove on the day.

In todays game for example, I thought Pedj (who has been fantastic this season) had a poor personal game by his now quite lofty standards - but still a decent team game overall.

I believe playing in such an organised and cohesive structure can really help compensate and hold up players even if they are not having their best day at the office as an individual.

dibo

Good article, lousy placement as usual, about 16 pages into the paper. The Finals series of the major football code (IMO) and it's stuck in after all the thuggery pre-season crap. That makes me so f**king angry.

like it or not, more people go to, watch on the box and apparently care about rugby league.

can't blame media for playing to their audience.

MrCelery

like it or not, more people go to, watch on the box and apparently care about rugby league.

can't blame media for playing to their audience.

16 times more popular? Give me a break. Not asking for back page(well, maybe one day) but I think we are a little more popular than the space\location we are given.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred