• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

dibo

There are certainly those for whom passion for club appears to be weaker than irrational hatred - see this little Twitter gem:

serious14: I just can't bring myself to care about the #Mariners with Arnoldout in charge.
I wonder what he'll be doing if we win the Grand Final? Picking wildflowers perhaps? Punting on the Cam? Taking harpsichord lessons?

It's not entirely fair to single out JW but he has been the most blatant of the haters, refusing to enjoy a season where in spite of being rubbish last year and having roundly acknowledged very tight finances we've made smart recruits (perhaps Baird aside), are playing lovely football and are getting good results - more points and goals per game than any other season, 07/08 included (we actually scored more the following year).

I'll drink to that, it's a great time to be a Mariners fan.

MagpieMariner

I can't comprehend losing interest in your club because you don't like some of the personnel. I have to ask did you ever really follow the club in the first place?
I have followed my beloved Collingwood for 50 years, when they were up and when they were down, when I didn't like the players/coaches and when I did. I will never follow any other Australian Rules club ever. I'm a Magpie 'til I die.
In the same way I decided to follow the Mariners at the beginning of their premiership season (at the beginning, mind. I'm no bandwaggoner) and even when we were down the last couple of seasons and when we got hammered in the ACL, I still willed us to do better, I still loved my club. I will never follow any other Football club ever. I won't live long enough to match my Collingwood years, but I'm a Mariner 'til I die, even if they sign Sackwhacker :).

serious14

*wanders on in*

My hatred of Arnold is well known. It stems from having travelled overseas and around Australia (multiple times of both kinds) to watch him "coach" or "manage" teams, and without fail on every occasion, very poorly. I've also met him twice, and he was, quite frankly - an arsehole.

That tweet, if I recall correctly, was from a couple of months during a game when for about the 5th week in a row, we were playing shit.

I can honestly say the last game I watched live (TV) was....... *ponders* away to Perth in the second week of December. And that was because I was in Australia. Late Sunday evening at CCLC etc. - before that it was against the Fury, whenever that 3-2 in Gosford fixture was.

Why?? Time difference, and often not being here (Cambridge) on weekends when the games are being played. As fun as it is to spend a few hours in a random internet cafe in *insert European city*, I'd rather be out doing actual things here. On the occasions when I have been around to watch games, I have. I'd be very interested to see who else would crawl out of bed at 6am on a delightfully brisk English morning to watch a shitty stream from halfway around the world.

Having my 'love' or 'support' of the club called into question amuses me slightly, as I've been on board this whole venture from the start, and have travelled both interstate and overseas to watch this team play, multiple times. Not a home game missed for the first 5 and a quarter seasons, in the various incarnations of the Bay blah blah blah. We're all free to support the team in our own way, but I won't have my commitment to the club questioned.
redcard.gif

If we make the Grand Final, of course I will be there. It wouldn't be the first time I've dashed halfway across the world to watch a team of mine in a cup final. I won't sing "Graham Arnold's Yellow Army" or his praises, as I _just plain don't like him_. But I will be cheering on the team.

Managers and players come and go - the club is the only constant.

*wanders out*

P.S. Dibo - bit of class-ism there with the snide Cambridge comments?? Not like you at all.
rolleyes.gif

priorpeter

We're not questioning your commitment or passion for the club - TBF, ya kinda did that yourself in that tweet.

The club has come along in leaps and bounds this season, and I'm more than happy to have GA here while he (and the playing personnel) are getting these results. Just my opinion, in short.

serious14

We're not questioning your commitment or passion for the club - TBF, ya kinda did that yourself in that tweet.

I'm quite proud of Dibo to have dug that up - I've made over 3000 tweets (most of them rubbish). That's some mighty fine stalkin'....

We all say things we regret at arse o'clock in the morning when your heater isn't working and your team is playing shit. 5 games on the bounce of rubbish football + far too early in the morning + I hate Arnold anyway = grumpy me.

Thank goodness for Ultimate A-League and various torrents - I can download the games and watch them at my leisure at a normal time.

dibo

I'm quite proud of Dibo to have dug that up - I've made over 3000 tweets (most of them rubbish). That's some mighty fine stalkin'....

i just remember reading it at the time and thought that it'd be very useful for a bit of fishing later on. and lo and behold...

38lb_red.jpg

nero

When I was in LA just recently, I came home from a big night out around 2am I think and I watchred the game against Adelaide at bluey.
Might I add, I had to stream.

Marquee

Our good friend from YouTube Nostrokeeper keeps his streams up for about a week after each game.

Find them here - http://www.justin.tv/nostrokeeper/videos

Wombat

Even though Serious' dislike of Arnold is slightly pathological, he was always very objective in his rants and unlike alot of sugar-coaters on this forum, always told it how it was.

Having said that he and FFC were totally wrong about Arnold and what he would do to our club. Probably the majority of people had their doubts about Arnold but he has proved everyone wrong and he has been a breath of fresh air.

Our Football is streets ahead of the last two seasons under Lawrie and he doesn't play favourites so much either.

Hats off to Arnold and hats off to everyone big enough to say...."I was wrong".

Atomic

A couple of weeks ago, I re-read the first few pages of this thread as I thought it might give me a bit of a laugh. It did :piralaugh:

In fairness to the vast majority of posters, they adopted a wait and see attitude (FFC included). There were many who were disappointed with Arnie's appointment and I suspect they were licking their lips, waiting to feast on the carcass once he failed.

It's a shame many of those posters have boycotted this forum (for whatever reason... I wish I knew why, especially when a couple of them are active on other forums). I'd like to hear what they have to say about Arnies reign as coach this season.

dibo

Even though Serious' dislike of Arnold is slightly pathological, he was always very objective in his rants and unlike alot of sugar-coaters on this forum, always told it how it was.

I dispute that he was objective and told it how it was. Calling it how you see it (whether or not people agree with you) is not objective if it's clouded by likes or dislikes of individuals.

The anti-Hutch bandwagon (and the anti-Spenny bandwagon before them) is therefore unable to be described as objective. They might seem that way to those who were inclined to agree but that's otherwise known as confirmation bias. They might have even been right sometimes, but a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Ancient Mariner

Oh dear, things were looking up for the club and this forum and in wanders the venomous, hate fueled Mr Serious.

It is a shame Hutchi had a top game against the Gold Coast guiding the youngsters round the park, and Arnie having the courage to play them in such a vital game.

It must have really upset your breakfast.

serious14

Oh dear, things were looking up for the club and this forum and in wanders the venomous, hate fueled Mr Serious.

It is a shame Hutchi had a top game against the Gold Coast guiding the youngsters round the park, and Arnie having the courage to play them in such a vital game.

It must have really upset your breakfast.

Terribly so. So much so that I went on a hate fueled rant against all things Hutch and Arnold and....... oh wait, I didn't watch it, and thus havn't said a word about it. ;)

Even though Serious' dislike of Arnold is slightly pathological

Heh. "Slightly".

;D

Ted

Will have mixed emotions if we do win the GF and the rumour I heard becomes fact.

Roy Law

Will have mixed emotions if we do win the GF and the rumour I heard becomes fact.
OK, I'll bite. I'll have three guesses -
1. Mariners announce deal with NQF and will play all home games at Dairy Farmers in exchange for signing David Williams.
2. Lawrie McKinna to resign to pursue 'other interests'
3. Patrick to retire if we win

How'd I do?

Ancient Mariner

Ok, I'll have a couple of guesses.

1) The club is selling Arnie to Sydney in order to have the money to pay the players.

2) Arnie is bringing his old mate Robbie Slater to the club as assistant coach.

3) The home ground next year will be North Sydney Oval.

Is this rumor dependant on us winning the GF?

Come on spill. :naughty:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred