• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

radar

(with apologies to John Lennon)

Anyway. A lot of the Marinators might have followed GA's progress through his playing days. They might have been there when he threw his boots into the crowd at North Sydney Oval to signal his retirement after the beer tent crowd heckled him to death (I was). You've obviously been witness to his (apparent) failures in coaching the Olyroos.

...but now he's here, and I think we need to have a little faith in the guy.

Would the powers-that-be really consider a half-arsed applicant to replace the one-and-only LM..? I certainly f**king hope not.

Better football minds than myself can argue me into the ground on this topic, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until there's something (wrapped in Yellow and Blue) to get upset about - so please, stow your "Arnold Out" banners and derisory chants until we are nice and deep into the season and it's obvious how much he f**king sucks.

Thank you for your time.

Radar - Bay 6

Blackadder

How many chances does he need??? Hope to be proven wrong about Arnold, but based on past results not holding my breath.

radar

Blackadder said:
How many chances does he need??? Hope to be proven wrong about Arnold, but based on past results not holding my breath.

...as I stated - wait until he's made a meal of coaching a team in Mariners colours. You never know your luck - he could come good.

FFC Mariner

Happy to be proved wrong

His entire coaching career says I wont.

Will be a massive change in personal style too - from the arrogant school of Farina,Foster,Slater etc Enjoy

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
FFC Mariner said:
Happy to be proved wrong

His entire coaching career says I wont.

Will be a massive change in personal style too - from the arrogant school of Farina,Foster,Slater etc Enjoy

+1 ... and I have his coaching and PR performance of the AC still firmly branded on my brain. I still wake up screaming. Doctor says time will heal eventually ... and then .... THIS . Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh. Willing to give him a go, but why a 3 year contract? Geez.

shipwreck

Personally im very excited about this aquisition, I mean think of the positives, no more favourites, no more blind guaranteed starting line ups, we for the first time will have a team made up of players purely based on talent, not based on history or agenda.......

Not to mention, Arnolds ties with the likes of Guus, Neeskens, Pim and with still ties to the national team, if there is a talented fringe socceroo out there that Arnold took under his wing at some stage, expect him to be in Yellow next season....

Look at all the talent Franky brought over for roar, i expect we will see a similar effect, lets not forget that Graham Arnold was a socceroos captain, he knows his shit, lets give him a chance in the A-league before we right him off due to his performances in Asia (which, may i add, Pim hasnt done MUCH better considering all the hype he is getting) conditions change everything, we are looking at a fresh change, a chance for Lawrie to really relish in his role and engage the coast 100% while the players are all starting from scratch to win a place and form the mariners team thats going to take us into the future of this great club..

To infinity, and BEYOND!

Chimmi

Agree - I don't want to rubbish him in this job until im absolutly sure he is bad with this particular team. I just hope he works with the community as much as Lawrie does.

thegame

1. more high level coaching experience then any other national league manager.
2. can draw on experience coaching behind Pim Verbeek AND Guus Hiddink.
3. knowns all the current and recent socceroos like the back of his hand, has their trust and friendship.
4. ambitious.

I could go on but I don't feel I need too.

Everyone judges him on poor national team results as an Interium Manager.

Need I remind everyone that he was incharge of the national team in the early stages of Asia, where no one at the FFA knew anything about how to approach football in Asia and he was suffering because of that.

Everyone needs to hold their horses and just wait and see how he goes - for sure, he could be terrible (ie; olympics) or he could do a wonderful job, bring in a new verve and find and sign some real quality players.

Jaza_SFC

shipwreck said:
Personally im very excited about this aquisition, I mean think of the positives, no more favourites, no more blind guaranteed starting line ups, we for the first time will have a team made up of players purely based on talent, not based on history or agenda.......

.. Until he signs 6 players, all of whom are in the first XV each matchday because he signed them.

shipwreck said:
Not to mention, Arnolds ties with the likes of Guus, Neeskens, Pim and with still ties to the national team, if there is a talented fringe socceroo out there that Arnold took under his wing at some stage, expect him to be in Yellow next season....

Several high profile Socceroos hated him. You may get some who are chummy, but many will be running from CCM now.

FFC Mariner

shipwreck said:

Look at all the talent Franky brought over for roar, i expect we will see a similar effect, lets not forget that Graham Arnold was a socceroos captain, he knows his shit, lets give him a chance in the A-league before we right him off due to his performances in Asia (which, may i add, Pim hasnt done MUCH better considering all the hype he is getting) conditions change everything, we are looking at a fresh change, a chance for Lawrie to really relish in his role and engage the coast 100% while the players are all starting from scratch to win a place and form the mariners team thats going to take us into the future of this great club..

To infinity, and BEYOND!

Want to hazard a guess at who some of the "favourites" you allude to played for at N Spirit?

Forget his disasters at national level - go back to his club coaching credentials. There was football before the HAL you know

Gav...

I am wiling to give him a fresh start.

He has 3 Years to take this club to Silverware and i hope that he can do it.

radar

tumblr_kw6nbtccll1qz9qooo1_500.gif

radar

FFC Mariner said:
shipwreck said:

To infinity, and BEYOND!

Want to hazard a guess at who some of the "favourites" you allude to played for at N Spirit?

Forget his disasters at national level - go back to his club coaching credentials. There was football before the HAL you know

you assume he hasn't learned a thing in the time of Northern Spirit and now.

kevrenor

Speaking in my private capacity as a fan:

In one word - NO!  :fireup:

He has no chance, no honeymoon, no bedding in period - results in HAL 6 or get out.

He will be judged as any other coach is judged ... he has none of Lawries credit ... his time starts now.

Rumour has it he coached the Youth in their dire 1-4 loss this afternoon  ;)

Sacko

You can't blame GA for the opening 2 goals that I saw as they were both clearly the keepers fault.
Having said that, there did appear to be some square pegs in round holes...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
hmmmm....I reckon that we give arnie a go..either way whats the odds of him getting flicked after half a season anyway

radar

kevrenor said:
In one word - NO!   :fireup:

He has no chance, no honeymoon, no bedding in period - results in HAL 6 or get out.

He will be judged as any other coach is judged ... he has none of Lawries credit ... his time starts now.

Rumour has it he coached the Youth in their dire 1-4 loss this afternoon  ;)

Thanks for your patience :/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred