• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Definitive Belinda Neal Thread

Would you tap it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Kareem

• Total voters

voice of reason

Alicia said:
Bend it like Belinda: another own goal

EMBATTLED Federal MP Belinda Neal's sense of sportsmanship has been dealt another blow following the emergence of video which shows her yelling and waving her arms wildly on the soccer field.

The footage, leaked exclusively to The Daily Telegraph Online, shows Ms Neal during a match at Woy Woy's James Browne Oval during July last year.

The release of the footage comes one week after a Central Coast woman claims she was repeatedly kicked by Ms Neal on the soccer field during a match at Umina Oval on May 25.

The Entrance/Bateau Bay United Soccer Club's first grade striker Amy Parlsow said Ms Neal - who plays for Umina United - kicked her more than once.

Ms Neal was handed a red card and sent off the field for the incident.

The next day Ms Neal admitted she was given the red card, but described it as a "minor incident''.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23884244-5001021,00.html

Go to the article for the actual footage...  I haven't seen it as my home computer is crap and it won't play..  It will be the first thing I look at tomorrow morning at work though!!

What a complete crock of shit this new footage is!!  The Tele is displaying the lowest journalistic standards possible.

Firstly the game looks like it was at SEU's ground.  We see her talking and waving her arms.  We also see her shake the hand of an opponent.  Nowhere is that mentioned.  There is no evidence she is angry or aggressive, in fact, it looks more like she is being abused by a SEU player. 

This has got nothing at all to do with Iguana's.  It is simply a desire to further dirty her name by trying to associate it with 'bad behaviour' on the football field.  It is easy to project a women of her age looking ungraceful on the football field but to somehow suggest it reflects her personality or political life is just plain sexist!!  Judge her only on the events surrounding Iguana's.

Paolo

seriously, how could anyone say they wouldn't want to tap this :eek:
0,,6099818,00.jpg

Bex

You're right Keensy, I've been living in denial. I can't hold back any longer.

That article is shocking. Its just a blatant lie. They're obviously banking on the fact that most people won't view the whole video so the headline will stick. Or maybe they just figure the video is not a good look for BN and that bad look will stick.

Has the liberal party ever been convicted of paying off powerful media entities to publish articles for political gain?

I'm starting to think it would be a mistake to vote liberal.

Whatever dirty tricks may or may not have occured at Iggys, the ethics are far less questionable than whatever wheels were placed in motion to create this story.

masmariner

Your missing the point a bit most of this push is coming from the left wing of the labour party, they want to oust Iemma and they will use any means to do it.

Through very poor reporting and sensationalism the media are keeping the story alive over nothing really Della Bosca is a right wing mate of Iemma's, they are getting to both via Neal.

"I'm starting to think it would be a mistake to vote liberal." A lot of the labour voters thought it was a mistake to vote Labour cause they got the right wing in Iemma.

dibo

masmariner said:
Your missing the point a bit most of this push is coming from the left wing of the labour party, they want to oust Iemma and they will use any means to do it.

Through very poor reporting and sensationalism the media are keeping the story alive over nothing really Della Bosca is a right wing mate of Iemma's, they are getting to both via Neal.

i think you're wrong on two counts. della's a right wing warrior, but that doesn't mean he likes iemma or that iemma likes him. they've been on opposite sides of the electricity battle which is the biggest battle in the NSW ALP in generations.

see della's downfall and iemma's dillemma on youtube.

remember that while all the talk is about belinda, it's not about electricity.  ;)

masmariner said:
"I'm starting to think it would be a mistake to vote liberal." A lot of the labour voters thought it was a mistake to vote Labour cause they got the right wing in Iemma.

the right have always run the nsw alp - the left has existed in a formal sense for more than 50 years and has never won control of the party.

skilbeck

masmariner is right that its to oust Iemma but it is the liberal party that are trying to generate this sensationalism in order to generate some momentum for their future election campaign. The left of the labor party are not that media savvy to do this

FFC Mariner

skilbeck said:
masmariner is right that its to oust Iemma but it is the liberal party that are trying to generate this sensationalism in order to generate some momentum for their future election campaign. The left of the labor party are not that media savvy to do this

I suspect you might find that the left is a little more media savvy than you might think.

Sacko

Do any of you that voted yes now want to change your vote after seeing her with her kit on!
OMG!!!!!

Paolo

Sacko said:
Do any of you that voted yes now want to change your vote after seeing her with her kit on!
OMG!!!!!

i voted yes....that pictured just increased my lust for her.

I was thinking that people who voted no would be changing their vote

marinermick

Greenpoleffc said:
skilbeck said:

but there is no way they are in bed with the ultra right telecrap who is directly behind all this crap

most defintely pushed by the liberal party who recognise that robertson is a marginal seat

I suspect you might find that the left is a little more media savvy than you might think.

dibo

marinermick said:
Greenpoleffc said:
skilbeck said:

but there is no way they are in bed with the ultra right telecrap who is directly behind all this crap

most defintely pushed by the liberal party who recognise that robertson is a marginal seat

the staff stat decs were signed off by a chris hartcher staffer

dibo

article on neal's and the right's demise - it barely scratches the surface, but still makes some pretty major errors:

Belinda Neal saga symptom of demise of ALP right wing

By Clinton Porteous

June 20, 2008 12:00am

EVEN when she was trying to deny she kept photographs of her enemies in the freezer Labor MP Belinda Neal could not give a straight answer.

When the story broke, Neal angrily phoned the producers of the Today breakfast television show and told them it was not true. But when asked where the story came from: slam, down went the phone.

Neal does not like to be challenged on anything. It is her way or no way, and it is a growing phenomenon as we enter the age of the "professional politician".

Our elected representatives constantly are pampered by staff and they enjoy chauffeured limousines, free air travel and generous travel allowances.

For B-graders like Neal, who are never going to be ministers, it can be a very cushy ride and a long way from the day-to-day reality that faces most Australian households.

But Neal and her powerbroker husband, John Della Bosca, represent the best of the worst the right wing of the New South Wales Labor Party, which now has been exposed to scrutiny.

The Right is an old macho network from Sydney that believes in headkicking but largely ran out of talent more than a decade ago.

When Paul Keating was doing his thing at the dispatch box, and his right-hand man Graham Richardson was doing "whatever it takes" to get things done, there was a certain brutal aura to the Labor tough guys from Sydney.

But that era is well and truly gone and Australian voters are left with a hollow shell of a faction the worst state Labor government in the country headed by Morris Iemma, and a federal politician like Belinda Neal who was a time bomb waiting to explode in Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's face.

The public perception is that Neal goes around constantly offending people and demanding to get her own way.

And it is only because she is a politician, and a member of the NSW Right, that she gets away with this alleged behaviour.

At the heart of the infamous incident on June 6 at the Iguana Club, on the NSW Central Coast, which is now under police investigation, are claims of an abuse of power and position.

The avalanche of allegations that followed only served to perpetuate this perception.

There were claims of brutal behaviour on the soccer field, her alleged bizarre use of the freezer and her crude verbal attack on heavily pregnant Liberal MP Sophie Mirabella. While initially denying the attack, Neal later apologised for claiming that Mirabella's unborn child would "turn into a demon, you have such evil thoughts".

The most bizarre part of this last incident is that she was caught red-handed denying it, even though her words had been captured on tape.

For Neal, truth appears to be a relative concept and it is very hard to sort the fact from fiction when it comes to her life.

What is absolutely clear from "Iguanagate", and her verbal attack on Mirabella, is that she tries to cover things up; it is another pattern of behaviour of the NSW Right.

The strategy already has cost Neal's husband, Della Bosca, his job as he has been forced to stand aside as the Education Minister in the NSW State Government for penning his own apology from the Iguana Club management.

While the downturn of the NSW economy is starting to affect the rest of the nation, the many failings of Iemma and the NSW Right sap confidence from the state.

The Prime Minister thus far has played it safe with the powerful faction, but this does not mean he won't get burned in future.

Rudd's rise to the Labor leadership in late 2006 relied on the NSW Right, but he has since managed to keep them relatively under control. He also took a tough line with Neal.

Ordering her to anger management classes was smart politics, leaving no one to disagree with his assessment that she had displayed an "unacceptable pattern of behaviour".

But it is still a balancing act for Rudd as the Right is a key part of his federal powerbase.

Only three of his Cabinet are from this faction Agriculture Minister Tony Burke, Attorney-General Robert McClelland and Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon.

They are important, but not crucial, portfolios.

Much bigger jobs have been handed to Sydney left-wingers such as John Faulkner as Cabinet Secretary and Anthony Albanese as Transport and Infrastructure Minister.

Iguanagate has blown the lid on Neal and the dirty underbelly of the NSW Right.

porteousc@qnp.newsltd.com.au

it's a pretty thin article, and he could have had a lot more fun if he dug a little deeper, but i'm not sure how much he actually knows. make what you will of the majority of the article, but i think this bit is the kicker:

Only three of his Cabinet are from this faction Agriculture Minister Tony Burke, Attorney-General Robert McClelland and Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon.

They are important, but not crucial, portfolios.

Much bigger jobs have been handed to Sydney left-wingers such as John Faulkner as Cabinet Secretary and Anthony Albanese as Transport and Infrastructure Minister.

attorney general and defence minister aren't big jobs now?

Kareem

voice of reason said:
Alicia said:
Bend it like Belinda: another own goal

EMBATTLED Federal MP Belinda Neal's sense of sportsmanship has been dealt another blow following the emergence of video which shows her yelling and waving her arms wildly on the soccer field.

The footage, leaked exclusively to The Daily Telegraph Online, shows Ms Neal during a match at Woy Woy's James Browne Oval during July last year.

The release of the footage comes one week after a Central Coast woman claims she was repeatedly kicked by Ms Neal on the soccer field during a match at Umina Oval on May 25.

The Entrance/Bateau Bay United Soccer Club's first grade striker Amy Parlsow said Ms Neal - who plays for Umina United - kicked her more than once.

Ms Neal was handed a red card and sent off the field for the incident.

The next day Ms Neal admitted she was given the red card, but described it as a "minor incident''.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23884244-5001021,00.html

Go to the article for the actual footage...  I haven't seen it as my home computer is crap and it won't play..  It will be the first thing I look at tomorrow morning at work though!!

What a complete crock of shit this new footage is!!  The Tele is displaying the lowest journalistic standards possible.

Firstly the game looks like it was at SEU's ground.  We see her talking and waving her arms.  We also see her shake the hand of an opponent.  Nowhere is that mentioned.  There is no evidence she is angry or aggressive, in fact, it looks more like she is being abused by a SEU player. 

This has got nothing at all to do with Iguana's.  It is simply a desire to further dirty her name by trying to associate it with 'bad behaviour' on the football field.  It is easy to project a women of her age looking ungraceful on the football field but to somehow suggest it reflects her personality or political life is just plain sexist!!  Judge her only on the events surrounding Iguana's.
I have to say this footage is a load of bull...do you know as a player how many times I have seen or been apart of quarrels? As a ref- several this year, as a coach- one this year (last week between players), as a spectator (several).
I agree that this footage has only been released due to prior events and that it holds nothing relevent to anything else (if it did- then guess what most players are 'bad' at one time or another)
NOTE: this is coming from someone who has never liked BN since before the election! (but heck even I am capable of seeing how ludicrous that this has been brought up!)

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
AG is a rubber stamp for actions already undertaken, defence is just to nod as we blindly follow America.

it's a bit more complicated than that! the AG oversees drafting of all legislation and is the first law officer of the commonwealth, and you'll find the defence minister won't be as blingly pro-american as the last one was (*waves to brendan nelson*).

skilbeck

i feel this thread has been very effective with dealing with issues and fall out from the scandal and i believe that for future political scandals or current events we need to have more "definitive" threads where there is a poll that asks the important question "would you tap it?"

serious14

skilbeck said:
we need to have more "definitive" threads where there is a poll that asks the important question "would you tap it?"

There's more important questions in life than that??

skilbeck

serious14 said:
skilbeck said:
we need to have more "definitive" threads where there is a poll that asks the important question "would you tap it?"

There's more important questions in life than that??

not when it comes to definitive threads serious14, if the thread is indefinitive then we can ask other questions. this should be in the forum rules IMO

hasbeen

Subject: The definitive Belinda Neal thread
Sub subject would you tap it ..

the whole thread is crap

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members