• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season Predictions (and the how comes and why fors if you want)

pjennings

Table finish: 6th or 7th
Golden boot : Roy followed by Powell
Most Yellows : Posc
Most Reds : Faty
How long TW will last : He will last the season
New fan favourite : Bingers to have a break out season.

This was my original prediction. I still have a chance for 7th (6th no longer an option). Roy was a good call - the rest were rubbish.

A win against Adelaide and Newcastle should be enough for 7th - it would certainly avoid the spoon.. The Nix's only realistic chance for points now are against the scum. Similarly if we can beat the scum their only other realistic chance for points are against the Nix.

We need to finish well to show to the more fickle fans that we are improving and to improve the belief inside the squad.

Big Al

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that we're playing for 9th.
4 week tournament
AU and Jets coming to town

Last game against MV, will they throw in a B side to avoid injury and we stay ahead of the Jets

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Yeah, im still stunned we didn't win the league. Thought we had it in the bag after last years performance and all our amazing signings. o_O

Though TBH, Taveres really surprised me and was way better than I expected.

Wombat

Yeah, im still stunned we didn't win the league. Thought we had it in the bag after last years performance and all our amazing signings. o_O

Though TBH, Taveres really surprised me and was way better than I expected.

"Must think positive thoughts".......in a dramatic Cpt James Kirk voice!! :thumbup: Did you channel Jim?

pjennings

So it's impossible we finish 6th?

WSW - currently on 28 - would probably only need to get to 31 as they have a GD advantage of 12. They play the 2nd and 3rd team and could lose both of them - but they also play the 8th and 10th team. If they win one game of the four they are probably through. If they draw both the easier games we would still need to win every game. The two home games against the Reds and the scum are doable but we also have tough away trips to Roar and Victory.

Gratis

I'm happy enough with our progress to feel better about next season with a full pre-season under Okon and some Okon recruits

With 2 points between us and the spoon I'll just be very pleased not to get smacked by it

Big Al

So it's impossible we finish 6th?
Yeah it's technically still possible, but after WSW win against Nix we all know it's over.

I'll take winning against AU and Jets and consider the season a pretty decent one considering where we were and losing Taveras

Luca Brasi

Luca Brasi said:
Position - 6th, have to be optimistic
As I said, you have to be optimistic! If your uncle had tits he would be your aunty type argument, what if we had got 20 games out of Tavares and the CB combination with Rosey and Posco had started/worked earlier, just maybe..........

Big Al

Luca Brasi said:
Position - 6th, have to be optimistic
As I said, you have to be optimistic! If your uncle had tits he would be your aunty type argument, what if we had got 20 games out of Tavares and the CB combination with Rosey and Posco had started/worked earlier, just maybe..........
I have no doubt if we had Taveras we would have been up there with WSW at very worst

Big Al

Also
think we will finish between 8 & 10 but even 10th will not be that far from 6th this season. Huge test for TW and if he looks like he is not up to the task then wam bam thank you .. I think our English mentor will take the reins for a tad....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred