• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season Predictions (and the how comes and why fors if you want)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Table finish: 7
Golden boot : Roy O
Most Yellows : Faty
Most Reds : Monty
How long TW will last : dunno, but not the whole season
New fan favourite : Conor Pain

true believer

table : 4th
GB : roy 16 powell 12
yellows : monty
reds :3
TW : full season . da-dow paplo full season
tb's will be fatty

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Table: 9th ahead of the scum

GB: Fab 8

Yellows anx Reds : Monty

TW out after 10 games

New favourite : crazy ivan

LaRass

Table: 8th
Golden boot O'Donovan and Fabio both 11
Most yellows: Monty or Tavares
Most reds: faty
TW: halfway through
Fan favorite? Pain

Forum Phoenix

Table finish: 1st - Causing multiple FOX pundits and fans (especially our own) to spontaneously combust.
Golden boot : Roy
Most Yellows : Posc
Most Reds : Monty
How long TW will last : It's going to be like he's swallowed a whole bottle of little blue pills.
New fan favourite : "Bring on the PAIN!" the fans all scream!

pjennings

Table finish: 6th or 7th
Golden boot : Roy followed by Powell
Most Yellows : Posc
Most Reds : Faty
How long TW will last : He will last the season
New fan favourite : Bingers to have a break out season.

JoyfulPenguin

Table finish: 4
Golden boot: Roy O'Donovan
Most Yellows: Nick Montgomery
Most Reds: Nick Montgomery
How long TW will last : The whole season
New fan favourite: Trent Buhagiar

Luca Brasi

Good report on our recruiting from this article
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...ansfer-report-card/1ux9cejsd3hpn1qhfc7an57lrq
This link on TWG seems to be regularly updated too
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/07/18/latest-league-squad-lists

Position - 6th, have to be optimistic
GB - Roy scored 8 in 19 games in a poor team, reckon he is good for at least 15 this season
TW - If we cant get some results early with this squad then I think he will be gone by our second home game 24 November

dibo

I can't see us getting near the finals and I think we'll take finishing 7th or 8th as a win.

Our recruiting isn't good enough. Part of the reason I think our recruiting isn't good enough is that I can't see us getting near the finals and I think we'll take finishing 7th or 8th as a win...

But seriously, structural slumps like this only change if there's some major shift.

Last time we recovered from the awful 2009/10 season with a new coach and a splash of cash. I don't think either of those options are available.

Accordingly, whilst I'd be glad to see improvement, any improvement is likely to be gradual rather than seismic.

scottmac

Suspended
I reckon 5th or 6th if the team jells. The recruitment doesn't look great on paper but we've not lost anything at the front really and gained a bit in defence. Our success or lack of it will really be down to how they play as a team and the tactics employed.
As I've said before if Fletcher is fit i reckon he'll be neck and neck with Roy and Fab for goals. I can't see a runaway leader in the for column but 3 of them around the double figure mark.
I think we'll be more structured this year with the experience of Tavares, Monty and Faty taking plenty of heat off our young guys and showing control in the parts of the game that got away from us last year. For this reason i think the goals against column will be much smaller. I can't see us getting belted this year unless we go for the cavalier approach again.
We are fast at the front and down the wings and have a lot of ball players in the centre. I just can't see us keeping possession in the final third for any period of time due to the lack of a good 10. Also our penetration will be lacking.
Fast breaks and set pieces will be our goals again but i reckon we'll score more than last year.
It'll be a better year for sure and i think we'll surprise.

Luca Brasi

I guess its all relative to how everybody else is.
Most of the other teams still have a lot of recruiting to do before they gain some depth or have had big turnovers on players from last season.
PG have recruited well and look good on paper - but then again they always look good on paper.
WSW have had another huge turnover but this is usual for them, probably just need another quality striker.
MV, MC and SFC have had big turnovers and still have much to do but the basis of their squad is strong.
Adelaide have 16 contracted players and Amor will need to hope that he can develop Kitto, Makarounas, Mells & Marino into genuine first 11 players, he only has 1 foreign spot left, is looking for an #8 and a winger.
Roar have lost player of the season Corona, Donachie and Lustica. Reportedly going to announce an international midfielder
who played in the Eredivisie last season next week.
WP have good starters in midfield and attack but basically need a whole back four.
Scum have a solid midfield but look a bit light on in defence and attack.

Big Al

Table finish: 7-9th
Golden boot : Roy O
Most Yellows : Posco
Most Reds : Faty
How long TW will last: Any game is one to many, but will last all season (no one going to pay for him to leave or for a replacement)
New fan favourite : Taveras
Most Improved: Izzo - better defence in front of him, still shit on free kicks
The end for: J Rose

We will be a lot more competitive but still lack a solid defence and a game breaker.

If Faty gets hurt we are screwed

Forum Phoenix

It's a 'prediction' thread Syd. So not sure what the point of clicking disagree is, unless you're talking about the last point of Big Al's...? Which I agree is really more a statement than a prediction. We do lack depth at CB, but Ivan behind Ascroft or Rose would make a difference.

midfielder

Me thinks, Perth, MV, MC, SFC as of now have very strong run on teams.... Roar, WSW and AU are still building as are SFC but the type of player already signed and being looked at indicates very strong run on teams..

The Nix and Jerks have hugely improved their squads ...

We also have a hugely improved squad..

Arnold, Muscatt, Popa, Aloisi, etc were do we rate for coaching staff ...

My reading of the tea leafs is this will be a very tight season especially with making the finals... I think we will struggle to make the finals... I think we will finish between 8 & 10 but even 10th will not be that far from 6th this season. Huge test for TW and if he looks like he is not up to the task then wam bam thank you .. I think our English mentor will take the reins for a tad....

Rowdy

'Arry taking the helm of a sinking ship is not gonna happen, it'd be career suicide in piddly league like the HAL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred