• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Season Predictions (and the how comes and why fors if you want)

Wombat

I agree. Great ball control, passes well on both sides, can beat a player to create an overload. We haven't seen his best for 90 yet.

Thank f**k for that. His best game has been a 7.5 from memory. If he was saving his best for Christmas its already gone.
1 decent game out of about 30 or 40 starts is not very exciting.
I know some people rate him and plenty dont.
I can see some potential but the growth is terribly slow and overall his starts have been killing us.

Big Al

Thank f**k for that. His best game has been a 7.5 from memory. If he was saving his best for Christmas its already gone.
1 decent game out of about 30 or 40 starts is not very exciting.
I know some people rate him and plenty dont.
I can see some potential but the growth is terribly slow and overall his starts have been killing us.
Could be next Caceras, nice feet no heart never gets where he should.

But remember he had TW last year so apart from playing was a wasted year in development.

Paul is being hard on him and someone who has played the position will hopefully teach him a lot. Also now Paul is forcing his production to be quality or you don't play. He has Taveras Berry Monty to compete with. Bring it every game. This is what top class football is.

Hopefully he shines but needs another 18months, still very young. What I don't like is getting caught jogging when needs to hustle

dibo

^^^
Particularly in a game like Saturday's where we're playing against a deep block. There's no chance to play him in and there's no point pinging crosses at him so we need to have someone who can physically compete with the likes of Durante to hold space and bring others into the play.

If you look at Berisha, often his best work is done back to goal, coming to the ball with a defender following him, knocking a square or backwards pass and then haring into the gap he's just created in the line.

I'd like to see Roy doing that, though I suspect that Powell is actually better suited.

Forum Phoenix

I think it's a bit hard to know though. I'm sure what Paolo would really love is a Fornoroli or equivalent or at least someone who can challenge for his spot, but he may just really like Roy and tbf to Roy he doesn't seem to typically fade in games.

Technically I'd say it's actually Kubi who has been keeping Bingham out really. Trent/Pain/Fab is a must to sub, we usually need to sub a DM - and when we haven't had someone from the back line already go off... which boy, we seem to have done in a fair amount of our games - it's been Kubi coming on. And last year under TW and pre Trent , Bingham was mainly getting on as an RM.

Powell hasn't had a look in at striker either, and was not poor last year for Welly. So again may well indicate Okon's high regard for Roy.

I like Bingham but he's another tricky one going forward isn't he. Our results and squad balance say we should be looking for higher calibre experienced players as we are already imbalanced with youth. But we are the youth club and all that... maybe with enough quality/experience in our backline and central midfield we could afford to keep and develop him... But is anyone truly thinking how great it's going to be to have Bingham to come off the bench to win us games? And he's not going to challenge Roy for a start anytime soon. Another one in the hard basket that could surely go either way.

Tevor

At this point Roy is off contract at seasons end, still no word on his re-signing. If Roy went to the Scum that would have some interesting ramifications. Personally I like Roy and he has been helpful to the youth and patient through the last two years.

nebakke

At this point Roy is off contract at seasons end, still no word on his re-signing. If Roy went to the Scum that would have some interesting ramifications. Personally I like Roy and he has been helpful to the youth and patient through the last two years.

I hope he stays but I also question WTF the Scum would take him... Much as he's excellent and we're underutilising him, they currently have Kokko, Nortdstran, Haliti and Nabbout as their forwards - much like us, I hardly think that's the department that needs the most immediate attention.
I could understand looking at him if he comes off contract cleanly, but outright chasing after him seems like a waste of time when they could probably stand to shore up in other areas.

Big Al

Club said we can't offer him a deal until we know the salary cap.

So he's up for grabs to others

Big Al

I hope he stays but I also question WTF the Scum would take him... Much as he's excellent and we're underutilising him, they currently have Kokko, Nortdstran, Haliti and Nabbout as their forwards - much like us, I hardly think that's the department that needs the most immediate attention.
I could understand looking at him if he comes off contract cleanly, but outright chasing after him seems like a waste of time when they could probably stand to shore up in other areas.
7 goals this year from Roy barely touching the ball vs bugger all from Kokko (injured a lot) and Haliti (barely played).
Nabbout is a winger and Nortdstan played wide as well I think.
They are weak at Striker and Roy would be an upgrade at a reasonable price

Ancient Mariner

I would say it is all part of re negotiating a new contract. I am not ay the Scum are not interested, but his manager would be pretty ordinary if he had no other offers to use in bargaining a new deal with CCM.

dibo

Club said we can't offer him a deal until we know the salary cap.
It's not just the salary cap though, it's the total TV distribution.

We need to know what the cap is and what the over-cap distribution is going to be, because we've got the whole budget hanging on it. We need to know if we're using the full cap or if not, what proportion.

This is entirely reasonable. We won't know until the FFA locks the FTA rights, and that won't happen until the BBL deal is done.

They might be able to come to some sort of in principle agreement, but TBH, the bigger the money from the TV distribution, the more flexibility we have!

adz

Staff member
I don't get why they are waiting for the BBL deal to be done first.
Is it because they don't want to or don't think they can compete with the BBL for dollars?
It's basically giving BBL a clear run to get whatever they can and then A-League gets scraps?

dibo

I think it's the FTA networks saying they want to sort BBL first, and whoever doesn't win that might be interested in AL.

Forum Phoenix

All clubs are in the same boat fortunately. But with Roy while no offer, I'm sure Paolo would have indicated that they see him as part of their future.

Unless he isn't :tinfoilhat:

Hate to see Roy go anywhere else.

JoyfulPenguin

All clubs are in the same boat fortunately. But with Roy while no offer, I'm sure Paolo would have indicated that they see him as part of their future.

Unless he isn't :tinfoilhat:

Hate to see Roy go anywhere else.
While I would be sad to see Roy depart and believe he is a fantastic striker I can understand why Paolo would want to bring in his own visa players. Roy is a clinical marksman and makes good runs but he leaves a bit to be desired in his hold up play, something Paolo desperately needs in the front third for his gameplan to succeed. As much as I love Roy (as a player and a person) we may be a better off with a different player.

Big Al

I don't get why they are waiting for the BBL deal to be done first.
Is it because they don't want to or don't think they can compete with the BBL for dollars?
It's basically giving BBL a clear run to get whatever they can and then A-League gets scraps?
Because free to air want BBL over A League as it generates big viewership.
The winner won't want competing sports at same time of year
The loser will hopefully want something to compete with the BBL, being A League

Basically they won't even take it for free if they can get BBL, we are the ugly sister

Big Al

Top 6 now 8 points in front

Perth and Nix on 18 after Nix beat Victory 3-0

Need some points as falling behind quickly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members