• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One local league thread

hasbeen

Kareem said:
My 18B's team- Not playin til week after- not happy!!!
My u13C's that i coach- 12:30 at Wyong- dunno how we will go. I reckon either way we will dominate game- just we cant score at all at the moment...despite havin 2 strikers of A grade standard!

21s and Reserves  (ourimbah) at Berkley- dunno if I am playin this early in season as
1) not ready for reserves yet
2) 21s have like 15 players- so those chances have been cut down!
they seem confident that they will use me later in season- when injuries pile up???

"My u13C's that i coach- ........etc...despite havin 2 strikers of A grade standard!"

Then either the players or the team are wrongly graded ... not something the Association encourages !!!!

Kareem

unfortunately last year the 11a's and 11e's had to merge?
They were put in 12c's and came 5th or 6th. This is quite a common happening at SEU around that age group.
So to every A/B grade player there may be one of lesser ability...
Do you get what we are saying?
The Association cant do anything bout it unfortunately and it is a bit of a hindrance to the players that may be too good for team (and are loyal to club) or players not good enough (who in turn dont get a fair run).
This is why I personally dont like the idea of 21 clubs on the coast (although I do understand the different positions of clubs that share roughly the same area)

Part_Timer

im already 3 games into season had two 2-0 losses and a 5-0 win and up against top team this weekend but have our striker back and sweeper from suspension.....nice

Kareem

Kareem said:
21s and Reserves  (ourimbah) at Berkley- dunno if I am playin this early in season as
they seem confident that they will use me later in season- when injuries pile up???
playin for 21s and lookin like I will be on bench for reserves most likely...
lol, last time I played at Berkley it was 16C's and I got man of the match- seriously doubt similar occurence this Sunday! (how big a gap between C's and 21s, lol)

hasbeen

Kareem said:
Kareem said:
playin for 21s and lookin like I will be on bench for reserves most likely...
lol, last time I played at Berkley it was 16C's and I got man of the match- seriously doubt similar occurence this Sunday! (how big a gap between C's and 21s, lol)

I heard that in the C comp they used to give you man of the match if you managed to put your boots on the right feet

Paolo

to be fair the standard of the 21s games i have watched have been very poor quality, also have filled in for the 21s once before my grade games as they were short players and that didnt not do anything to change my view.

Kareem

well to be fair-in a club like Ourimbah 1/2 of their 18s go into Grade, the other half into 21s...so it isnt going to be that high a standard (as high as 18a's for example)(I found 18A's probs a bit more higher in terms of skill). 21s similar to skill level of 18B's?

Paolo

Arn't most of the guys in grade that played 18s last year from wyoming(daniel edwards, michael horn?) and then lachlan who was at manly until he broke his leg on me last year in a school game.

Skill level of the Gosford side(which u have played) that i filled in for was very poor quality, the lack of basic passing skills and first touch was suprising. The pace i would say is faster in the 21s, but the skill level is down at around a top 18bs lower 18as side.

Kareem

yea u summed it up pretty well!
But Gosford IMO were better than Kanwal (at beginning)! We beat Kanwal 2-0 (and Gosford 8-4)
lol i dont know any1 from Ourimbah yet (i am so bad with names)
but i do know of Lachlan- he is a crazy good player (didnt know he played for Manly altho that would explain why he is sooo good!). Good thing is that he is playin 18B's as well! (Centreback)...where does he play normally?

coast

oufc aa6's have kincumber at kincumber on at midday sunday, gonna be the first ever game for a few of our player's. Keen as, hopefully we get over 11 players to rock up.

Gopher of Pern

Avoca AA6's playing wyoming at Fagan's sunday arvo....
We had a good kick last week, hopefully our team turns up! Last year we ended up with 8 players at the end of the season!

Guess I'll be seeing you in a 5 weeks coast, and you later in the season brennan!

Davo

Jimmydinho said:
Im at the new home ground against wyoming.
U/21's.
Cant want to play on the new grass.

Looks like I'll be versing you first round Jimmy.  I can't wait to go for a run on the Wadalba field.  How's your team looking?  I think your team get on the piss Saturday night ;)

bjw

bjw
Gopher of Pern said:
Guess I'll be seeing you in a 5 weeks coast, and you later in the season brennan!

Its a date ;)

haha, I didnt even know there was an Avoca in our grade.

BAD BULLZ

9am at terrigal helpin out aa3s
then 1245 at tuggerah for my aa7z

interesting stat i just worked out games played with mo hawk
umina at wyong scored a double 2-1
doylo at doylo double 7 nil win
kariong at kanwal double 8-3 win
monday nite dinamo gf scored in gf win 5-3
thursday mixed semi scored winner 2-1
thurday mixed scored our first in the gf 4-1 win

oh and bout 9 head clashes i play with less fear when my heads shaved

2 games this week and i gotz the mo will be intersesting

Bear

Eggy, im glad your off to the U.S and A, cos if you were stayin here for V4, there was no way I was letting you stand near me in the bay with that haircut, you bogan ;)

Aussiecross, whenever Eggy is in this country, you are no longer bogan no1, he takes the cake ;)

mariners4ever

Davo said:
Jimmydinho said:
Im at the new home ground against wyoming.
U/21's.
Cant want to play on the new grass.

Looks like I'll be versing you first round Jimmy.  I can't wait to go for a run on the Wadalba field.  How's your team looking?  I think your team get on the piss Saturday night ;)

hey davo and jimmy, i played on the wadalba fields tonight and they're not that bad its just that the ball doesnt really bounce

mariners4ever

tonight i played at the new wadalba fields and lost 3-1 but felt like a win seeing as we had 9 players and they had 13, also they won the 16B's last year and we didnt even make the semis foe the 16C's

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred