• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One local league thread

coast

Looks like i'll be playing 3 or 4 people off this forum. OUFC AA6's lost 4-2 to kincumber. Our lack of a decent goalie failed us pretty much. We have both avoca and east gosford away in hte next 4 weeks. How did you guys go on w/e?

Gopher of Pern

As PubBrawler said we won 6-0 against Wyoming... it should have been more, the amount of times it went sailing into the side netting, over the bar, or straight into the keeper....

How was Kincumber?

dibo

forza hoops - we won 3-1 yesterday, tiger had a blinder, we jagged three crazy goals. oh, and the team we beat hadn't lost in 18mths - suck it up!

noice! ;D

coast

Gopher of Pern said:
As PubBrawler said we won 6-0 against Wyoming... it should have been more, the amount of times it went sailing into the side netting, over the bar, or straight into the keeper....

How was Kincumber?

Kinny wern't the best. Most our players havnt played in years. We had 3 random players rock up we didnt know we had and are yet to have a proper training session. Also the ref seemed to take there side a fair bit.
We are pretty damn poor, but will improve a heap in the coming months. We really lack a goalie though, Kinny had a solid goaliem if we swapped goalies we woulda beat them comfortably (It's our goalie's 1st year of football)

coast

I forgot to ask, does anyone know of a site or anything where i can check the w/e's results and maybe even a ladder? or is htat a bit much for aa6's? haha

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Wow....sounds like the Kan-Wmg ressies match was a bit nuts.

Sounds like one player just wasted their registration fee for the season (although with CCF, anything could happen......)

coast - check CCF's site - http://www.ccfootball.com.au/ - for the ladders.
I think the local paper will have the weekend's results.

Your own club's site may also have them.

Gopher of Pern

The website doesn't have anything up atm, they must be getting a bit lazy... :p

That Kan-wmg match does sound really bad.....Glad my brother dropped from Kanwal reserves to AA now!

We also haven't really had a proper training session, think the max we've gotten is 8. We need to improve our shots at goal ASAP, because we won't be able to rely on having 100 shots at goal just to get a few in!

Our ref was pretty good, i reckon he got an offside wrong, but aside from that well done.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well that's to be expected - it's pretty much impossible to call offsides too accurately when you don't have an AR :)

(even with an AR it's tough enough, considering they're supposed to be looking in several places at once.....).

It was certainly beautiful weather to be outside over the weekend - even if a few of the lads seemed to be feeling the heat :)

Kareem

coast said:
I forgot to ask, does anyone know of a site or anything where i can check the w/e's results and maybe even a ladder? or is htat a bit much for aa6's? haha
try budgie's website if they are in your division(they got the best results)
then maybe Woy Woy (although Saturday is only results up at the moment).
Mountains is pretty awesome website - if you are in same comp...but they have so few teams

EDIT: http://k.b5z.net/i/u/6038124/f/MAA/MAA6.pdf
That is from Budgie's website!

Jimmy

Davo said:
Jimmydinho said:
Davo said:
Jimmydinho said:
Im at the new home ground against wyoming.
U/21's.
Cant want to play on the new grass.

Looks like I'll be versing you first round Jimmy.  I can't wait to go for a run on the Wadalba field.  How's your team looking?  I think your team get on the piss Saturday night ;)

I think they did.
We were missing 2 good players.
No subs for half of it.

Should of been a draw i reckon, we were pretty even over the whole game, but you guys owned us in the last quater of the game.

Yeah it was a pretty decent game.  Not sure if I agree with you that a draw would've been a fair result since we missed a penalty and could've made it 0-3 haha.

The Reserve Grade Wyoming V Kanwal game was crazy, I'm sure you'll hear all about it Jimmy. 2 red cards to Kanwal with the game being abandoned early in the 2nd half because a Kanwal player grabbed the referee and was about to hit him.

First Grade was a bit calmer with another good result to Wyoming with a 0-3 win.

You forgot about the 2 penalties that we should of had. ;D

The reserves game reminds me of the Kan vs Woy Woy game two years ago, a fight involved all the players on the field plus about 20 spectators.

BAD BULLZ

The know the kanwal bloke he's gunna have hard time at the jury he's got a poor record with refs.I think its the same player who a few yrs back was involved in a small scuffle he won free kick but was givin a yello :yellowcard: for his involvement.  After a big talking to by ref he tried to take quick free kick ended up hitting ref in the back off his head so the ref thought it was deliberate gave him a red :redcard: so he took his boot off and threw it at him!!!!!!

I missed this weekends incident but sounds like he's gonna be in shit.Porter was there being the top ambasseder for kanwal he is.

Did i mention i got 4 goals for the day akkhhmmnn ;) :eek:verhead:
Go the Mo

Kareem

Saturday 5-Apr TOU1 1245 14 B TOU UMI 5 0 loss
So toukley thrashed Umina in your comp
Note: http://uminaeagles.com.au/fixtures/fixures/4-6-april.html
thats where u find Umina only results...the rest are on Woy Woy's website (despite not having a team)

Interesting- Umina's 10A's, 10 E's, 11B's, 11D's, 11E's, 12B's, , 13B's, 13 C's, 14B's, 15A's, 16A's all lost on Saturday !!!
Only junior comp team that didnt lose 12 E's who drew 2-2!
Thats possibly one of the worst days in any clubs history...inappropriate grading??? (I was talking to 13C's coach whose team went from E's to C's to which he said he didnt know why- they lost 13-0)
Ouch!
Also all 3 u9s teams lost (A, B and F)

Ted

Kareem said:
Saturday 5-Apr TOU1 1245 14 B TOU UMI 5 0 loss
So toukley thrashed Umina in your comp
Note: http://uminaeagles.com.au/fixtures/fixures/4-6-april.html
thats where u find Umina only results...the rest are on Woy Woy's website (despite not having a team)

Interesting- Umina's 10A's, 10 E's, 11B's, 11D's, 11E's, 12B's, , 13B's, 13 C's, 14B's, 15A's, 16A's all lost on Saturday !!!
Only junior comp team that didnt lose 12 E's who drew 2-2!
Thats possibly one of the worst days in any clubs history...inappropriate grading??? (I was talking to 13C's coach whose team went from E's to C's to which he said he didnt know why- they lost 13-0)
Ouch!
Also all 3 u9s teams lost (A, B and F)

Thanks mate, indeed a bad week for Umina.

Kareem

my sister plays for Umina W14B's and they got thrashed 6-1. Apparently Umina missed a deadline for requesting regrading...
good luck with your season. When do u guys play Kariong- I may watch if I am not coaching or refereeing!

mariners4ever

offtheball said:
Great set up at Mascord.

A little sandy and low bounce but that won't take long to settle down.

Kanwal 2-1 in 17As V Terrigal. Wyoming and Kanwal 1 all in 18A's.

hey offtheball, what actually happened concerning the kid who got injured in the 17A's game?? was it a bad tackle??

Kareem

yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

offtheball

I heard it was a 50 50 ball and a free kick to Kanwal but nothing more than that.

No break but some ligament damage that will keep him out for a month or more.

offtheball

Kareem said:
yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

That team has a couple of ex rep players. The one you are refering to had an early shower last Friday, making their win even better, so guess they will have to do it without him this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami