• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One local league thread

Ted

Ahh, we are up at Kariong this weekend actually.... (3:15pm Sat) Unless some miracle happens we are fielding 9 players for this game.... :-\

Ted

Kareem said:
yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

Wish we could get last years play maker who went to CC Thunder back.....

Kareem

offtheball said:
Kareem said:
yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

That team has a couple of ex rep players. The one you are refering to had an early shower last Friday, making their win even better, so guess they will have to do it without him this week.
and there is also a player that made the one of the junior Australian futsal teams that went to Spain last year...
i remember we played the best 6 players (bar the lightning guy) from 16/17A's last year in futsal at Peninsula Leisure centre (we were the 17/18 B's + a 17 A's/B's player from Woy Woy). We thrashed them 6-0 although the game was pretty even, lol! There nation futsal player was a bit pissed off

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Ahh, we are up at Kariong this weekend actually.... (3:15pm Sat) Unless some miracle happens we are fielding 9 players for this game.... :-\

Fielding Nine i thought u were down to 8.

RADINHO

Kareem said:
offtheball said:
Kareem said:

That team has a couple of ex rep players. The one you are refering to had an early shower last Friday, making their win even better, so guess they will have to do it without him this week.
and there is also a player that made the one of the junior Australian futsal teams that went to Spain last year...
i remember we played the best 6 players (bar the lightning guy) from 16/17A's last year in futsal at Peninsula Leisure centre (we were the 17/18 B's + a 17 A's/B's player from Woy Woy). We thrashed them 6-0 although the game was pretty even, lol! There nation futsal player was a bit PISSED off

Kareem u just said a naughty word :eek: lol

Ted

Yes 8 was mentioned a few weeks ago but we do have 9 able to play now.  ;)  If a miracle happens with our new strikers rego card we may even be able to field 10.  :p

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Yes 8 was mentioned a few weeks ago but we do have 9 able to play now.  ;)  If a miracle happens with our new strikers rego card we may even be able to field 10.  :p

Hopefully but what is the story with that did u have someone register for you

kanewillow

in uminas 17As game the game was well and truly won so it wasnt that greater effort and that was a filth tackle

Ziggy

Whats the deal with CCF website? Its Tuesday and they haven't posted last weekend results or points tables. Most clubs have posted there own results and Terrigal United has CCF looking points tables for O/35's and junior grades.

dibo

Davo said:
The Reserve Grade Wyoming V Kanwal game was crazy, I'm sure you'll hear all about it Jimmy. 2 red cards to Kanwal with the game being abandoned early in the 2nd half because a Kanwal player grabbed the referee and was about to hit him.

Eggy said:
The know the kanwal bloke he's gunna have hard time at the jury he's got a poor record with refs.I think its the same player who a few yrs back was involved in a small scuffle he won free kick but was givin a yello :yellowcard: for his involvement.  After a big talking to by ref he tried to take quick free kick ended up hitting ref in the back off his head so the ref thought it was deliberate gave him a red :redcard: so he took his boot off and threw it at him!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Player faces life ban after attack on referee

Wednesday 9 April, 2008 12:01am

A KANWAL reserve grade player faces a possible lifetime ban from the game after an attack on a referee on Sunday.

Striker Shane Eastham is expected to front the Central Coast Football Association judiciary this week after the incident in the match against Wyoming at Mascord Oval, Kanwal.

Central Coast Football referees director Greg Harmsworth said young referee Thomas Klein was shocked when the incident occurred early in the second half.

"He made a decision on a foul which meant a second yellow card for the Kanwal player," Harmsworth said. "The Kanwal player grabbed the referee's shirt and clenched his fist as if he was going to punch him. He also had some harsh words before the referee broke away."

Klein declined to comment about the incident.

Players from both sides then intervened and, shortly after, the game was abandoned with Wyoming leading 2-0 10 minutes into the second half.

Police were called and were still investigating the incident when the Express Advocate went to print. Kanwal Warnervale Rovers Football Club president Ross Ankrett described the incident as "extremely disappointing" and not good for the game.

"It's not good for the club, player or referee," Ankrett said.

"He felt he got a few decisions go against him. He felt hard done by and in the heat of the moment lost the plot.

"After he calmed down he realised his mistake."

Eastham said in a statement on Monday: "I acted out of frustration and deeply regret my action," he said.

"I've not only let myself down but my team and the club."

Central Coast Football's director of judiciary Garry Peterson said the matter would be heard "as soon as possible."

"I'm hopeful a hearing will take place this week or very early next week at the latest," Peterson said.

hasbeen

Kareem said:
my sister plays for Umina W14B's and they got thrashed 6-1. Apparently Umina missed a deadline for requesting regrading...
good luck with your season. When do u guys play Kariong- I may watch if I am not coaching or refereeing!

The Umina W14B's never asked for a regrade, so they didn't miss any deadline.

hasbeen

Kareem said:
Saturday 5-Apr TOU1 1245 14 B TOU UMI 5 0 loss
So toukley thrashed Umina in your comp
Note: http://uminaeagles.com.au/fixtures/fixures/4-6-april.html
thats where u find Umina only results...the rest are on Woy Woy's website (despite not having a team)

Interesting- Umina's 10A's, 10 E's, 11B's, 11D's, 11E's, 12B's, , 13B's, 13 C's, 14B's, 15A's, 16A's all lost on Saturday !!!
Only junior comp team that didnt lose 12 E's who drew 2-2!
Thats possibly one of the worst days in any clubs history...inappropriate grading??? (I was talking to 13C's coach whose team went from E's to C's to which he said he didnt know why- they lost 13-0)
Ouch!
Also all 3 u9s teams lost (A, B and F)

Umina 13C went from 12E's because

P W D L B GF GA GD PTS
UMI 18 15 3 0 0 78 4 74 48

Maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine now, as they were obviously wrongly graded in 2007.

As for the gradings of the other teams that lost, that lies failrly and squarely on the Director of Competetions and the fact that so many teams refuse to play A grade for fear of getting whipped. It wasn't all doom & gloom for Umina either ... 35A won 5-0, 17A won 6-1 (& played with only 10 men for over half a game) and PL1 beat SEU 4-0.   

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
my sister plays for Umina W14B's and they got thrashed 6-1. Apparently Umina missed a deadline for requesting regrading...
good luck with your season. When do u guys play Kariong- I may watch if I am not coaching or refereeing!

The Umina W14B's never asked for a regrade, so they didn't miss any deadline.
lol- does wat u just said make sense?
They never asked for a regrade BECAUSE they missed the deadline.
I mean I presume when they found out they had missed deadline, they decided not to request (why would u try if it is pointless)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred