• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round One local league thread

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
Saturday 5-Apr TOU1 1245 14 B TOU UMI 5 0 loss
So toukley thrashed Umina in your comp
Note: http://uminaeagles.com.au/fixtures/fixures/4-6-april.html
thats where u find Umina only results...the rest are on Woy Woy's website (despite not having a team)

Interesting- Umina's 10A's, 10 E's, 11B's, 11D's, 11E's, 12B's, , 13B's, 13 C's, 14B's, 15A's, 16A's all lost on Saturday !!!
Only junior comp team that didnt lose 12 E's who drew 2-2!
Thats possibly one of the worst days in any clubs history...inappropriate grading??? (I was talking to 13C's coach whose team went from E's to C's to which he said he didnt know why- they lost 13-0)
Ouch!
Also all 3 u9s teams lost (A, B and F)

Umina 13C went from 12E's because

P W D L B GF GA GD PTS
UMI 18 15 3 0 0 78 4 74 48

Maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine now, as they were obviously wrongly graded in 2007.

As for the gradings of the other teams that lost, that lies failrly and squarely on the Director of Competetions and the fact that so many teams refuse to play A grade for fear of getting whipped. It wasn't all doom & gloom for Umina either ... 35A won 5-0, 17A won 6-1 (& played with only 10 men for over half a game) and PL1 beat SEU 4-0.   
1) I have seen better season to which teams are only promoted 1 grade.
In my 14C's team we had like 50ish points- with 80 goals for and like 10 against!
Only went to B's where they came 5th or 6th
2) they are 12/13 year olds...its bad enough to be too good one season (little improvement) and now being too bad the next season (little improvement) will mean 2 years worth of little improvement which is detrimental to their growth!!! Sad for the team- nice coach though!
Good win for 17A's- expect to see them as one of Umina's better teams this year

Suprising to see Umina thrash SEU- dunno wat happened there. SEU surely were confident (with their form) before the match! The win was just wat Umina needed!
What was even more suprising was the 5-0 thrashing that SEU gave Umina before the match which is quite irregular! Points to a serious lack of depth in Umina squad (not too suprised)...although ask SEU which results they would prefer and they would say the 1st grade win! (who wouldnt!)

hasbeen

Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
my sister plays for Umina W14B's and they got thrashed 6-1. Apparently Umina missed a deadline for requesting regrading...
good luck with your season. When do u guys play Kariong- I may watch if I am not coaching or refereeing!

The Umina W14B's never asked for a regrade, so they didn't miss any deadline.
lol- does wat u just said make sense?
They never asked for a regrade BECAUSE they missed the deadline.
I mean I presume when they found out they had missed deadline, they decided not to request (why would u try if it is pointless)

So they intended to ask for regrade, but missed the deadline? If that's the case what would they have based their regrade request on?
You can't possibly know what grade you really should be playing in until the Comp starts and by then it is too late to ask for a regrade (shades of Monty Python or Catch-22 here?) In days gone by there used to be a provision for regrades after the first three Comp games, to ensure teams were evenly matched, however with the size of the Comp these days it has been said it would be too hard to revisit the Comp draw once underway.
Unfortunately this doesn't stop trophy hunters playing in a lower grade than they should, nor does it give any comfort to the poor sods out there getting flogged every week.    

hasbeen

Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
thats where u find Umina only results...the rest are on Woy Woy's website (despite not having a team)

Interesting- Umina's 10A's, 10 E's, 11B's, 11D's, 11E's, 12B's, , 13B's, 13 C's, 14B's, 15A's, 16A's all lost on Saturday !!!
Thats possibly one of the worst days in any clubs history...inappropriate grading??? (I was talking to 13C's coach whose team went from E's to C's to which he said he didnt know why- they lost 13-0)
Ouch!

P W D L B GF GA GD PTS

Maybe they'll get a taste of their own medicine now, as they were obviously wrongly graded in 2007.

As for the gradings of the other teams that lost, that lies failrly and squarely on the Director of Competetions and the fact that so many teams refuse to play A grade for fear of getting whipped. It wasn't all doom & gloom for Umina either ... 35A won 5-0, 17A won 6-1 (& played with only 10 men for over half a game) and PL1 beat SEU 4-0.   
In my 14C's team we had like 50ish points- with 80 goals for and like 10 against!
2) they are 12/13 year olds...its bad enough to be too good one season (little improvement) and now being too bad the next season (little improvement) will mean 2 years worth of little improvement which is detrimental to their growth!!! Sad for the team- nice coach though!

Suprising to see Umina thrash SEU- dunno wat happened there. SEU surely were confident (with their form) before the match! The win was just wat Umina needed!
What was even more suprising was the 5-0 thrashing that SEU gave Umina before the match which is quite irregular! Points to a serious lack of depth in Umina squad (not too suprised)...although ask SEU which results they would prefer and they would say the 1st grade win! (who wouldnt!)

Quote "points to a serious lack of depth in Umina squad (not too surprised) ...."

Uninformed opinion. The lack of depth as you call it, was down to a horrific injury toll. Most of the players playing for Umina reserve grade on Sunday were AA1. The actual AA1 game prior was a 1-1 draw, with the Umina AA1 team including four 17A's, one 18B and two O35's. If you want to use this forum for a bit of Umina bashing, be careful, it might all come back and bite you on the a*se. 

Kareem

W14b's
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
my sister plays for Umina W14B's and they got thrashed 6-1. Apparently Umina missed a deadline for requesting regrading...
good luck with your season. When do u guys play Kariong- I may watch if I am not coaching or refereeing!

The Umina W14B's never asked for a regrade, so they didn't miss any deadline.
lol- does wat u just said make sense?
They never asked for a regrade BECAUSE they missed the deadline.
I mean I presume when they found out they had missed deadline, they decided not to request (why would u try if it is pointless)

So they intended to ask for regrade, but missed the deadline? If that's the case what would they have based their regrade request on?
You can't possibly know what grade you really should be playing in until the Comp starts and by then it is too late to ask for a regrade (shades of Monty Python or Catch-22 here?) In days gone by there used to be a provision for regrades after the first three Comp games, to ensure teams were evenly matched, however with the size of the Comp these days it has been said it would be too hard to revisit the Comp draw once underway.
Unfortunately this doesn't stop trophy hunters playing in a lower grade than they should, nor does it give any comfort to the poor sods out there getting flogged every week.   
1) They claim for regrading was based on trial games!
2) Also good players from 14C's that won it, now in 16s
3) Nothing is too perfect. Hence why CCF cant get it right all the time. I just hope it doesnt dent their confidence. But it happens every year!
back in 13D's at SEU- we came 6th but lost to Gwandalan at home (SEU) 9-0!
4) u13s claims were straight from the coach- bias who knows? I believe him

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

Ouch!

P W D L B GF GA GD PTS

Quote "points to a serious lack of depth in Umina squad (not too surprised) ...."

Uninformed opinion. The lack of depth as you call it, was down to a horrific injury toll. Most of the players playing for Umina reserve grade on Sunday were AA1. The actual AA1 game prior was a 1-1 draw, with the Umina AA1 team including four 17A's, one 18B and two O35's. If you want to use this forum for a bit of Umina bashing, be careful, it might all come back and bite you on the a*se.   
1) its still a lack of depth. If what you are saying is true then the is the coach allright with them losing 5-0? I dont think so- EDIT: a friend who is a umina player saw the game and agreed with me. He couldnt explain the reserves game
2) out of interest who is the 18s player? (just curious- PM if you dont want to publicly divulge it) EDIT: My friend already told me. He should have been playin reserves IMO
3) I wasnt Umina bashing! I was commenting! Dont be so touchy...
At the end of the day- Umina should and almost definatley are happy with the most important thing- 3 points in 1st grade! Not to mention a thrashing of their rivals which is only what every team loves to do at least once a season! They just gotta hope not to many injuries this season (to add to their even more 'horrific' injury toll)(although I do admit i was told that I would most likely play AA1 in beginning of season due to injuries...but i prefer my 21s)
EDIT: before anyone has a go at me sayin that I think 21s is better than AA1 I want to assure them that i dont think that!
According to guys at CCF there plan for intro to 21s was
1st-->Reserve-->AA1-->21s--> Rest of AA
although some clubs consider 21s better...not to mention that despite the CCF's intentions- u21 players not 'grade standard' (ie. cant play reserves/1st)are meant to play in 21s not AA (even all age 1)- which makes no sense if AA1 is considered higher!
But that can be left to another thread- might start 1 (called 21s)

truesoccer

coast said:
I forgot to ask, does anyone know of a site or anything where i can check the w/e's results and maybe even a ladder? or is htat a bit much for aa6's? haha
Contacted CCF. Reason results were not posted on their web site was that too many teams and clubs either did not submit their results or submitted incorrect results. Consequently until all results are in it is a waste of time compiling tables as they would be wrong. They are giving clubs a hurry up and requesting them to get their teams to get their results in.
Hopefully this will see better response and the rest of us will not suffer because of the slack ones who do not care to do the right thing.

Kareem

cool
yea for some reason the result of u13c's umina (13-0 loss to Toukley) is not recorded which is weird because:
1) It is posted on their website
+ the ref and coach both told me about it
oh and accordin to ref- Toukley should be in B's (which is gonna be hard for my team to overcome) and Umina in C's
dunno how they dont know about that result!
NOTE: Guys check Budgie's website if they are in your comp!!!
www.budgiewoifc.com.au  i think

RADINHO

Kareem said:
cool
yea for some reason the result of u13c's umina (13-0 loss to Toukley) is not recorded which is weird because:
oh and accordin to ref- Toukley should be in B's (which is gonna be hard for my team to overcome) and Umina in C's

When i last looked the last time Umina's website has been updated was the 28th of February 2008

Kareem

RADINHO said:
Kareem said:
cool

When i last looked the last time Umina's website has been updated was the 28th of February 2008
rofl
thats the result of 100% politics!
Umina decided to make a new website...add the .au
www.uminaeagles.com.au

hasbeen

Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Kareem said:
cool

rofl
www.uminaeagles.com.au

Not just politics .. the webmaster on the old site wouldn't post informatioon requested of him by the Club Exec .. nor would he hand over the domain key, so the Club had no choice.

Andy

Kareem said:
yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

Matt Hogan?

Pretty sure he was also in the Mariners Academy as well.

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Kareem said:
cool

rofl
www.uminaeagles.com.au

Not just politics .. the webmaster on the old site wouldn't post informatioon requested of him by the Club Exec .. nor would he hand over the domain key, so the Club had no choice.
lol
you can believe that if u want to!

Kareem

Andy said:
Kareem said:
yea Umina 17A's will go good! (probs only junior team at Umina that will)- they got a player comin back from lightning!

Matt Hogan?

yea
he is a sick player...ridiculously talented!

Paolo

if he is ridiculously talented why is he not playing lightning again??

p.s why do all your sentences finish with an exclamation mark!!!!!!

hasbeen

keensy said:

The same reason lots of the Coast's best young players don't play Rep ... the cost.

Kareem

keensy said:

p.s why do all your sentences finish with an exclamation mark!!!!!!
hasbeen said:
keensy said:

The same reason lots of the Coast's best young players don't play Rep ... the cost.
I dunno why he doesnt play anymore? Cost could be it (like hasbeen said)
Also when u r that age (i think he is already 17) a lot of players leave reps and come back to play Friday's + Grade on the weekend (coz they are good enough)...he iant the only one that has done that!

exclamation marks convey the point with emphasis...and if you ever talk to me thats the kind of guy I am (one that believes wat he is sayin...something common in a good talker!!!)
Also comveys emotion!

Ted

The cost is definately a deciding factor to why many return to local club football. Another factor is it may better to be a top player in a local league team, playing games every weekend than to become a rep and be a reserve or a good player with minimal game time...

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
The cost is definately a deciding factor to why many return to local club football. Another factor is it may better to be a top player in a local league team, playing games every weekend than to become a rep and be a reserve or a good player with minimal game time...
hence why i didnt want to play for MT Penang...(bench)- I could have fought for a place but I would rather play 80 (or almost that) minutes on Friday then 21s-almost 90 mins and/or bench for grade!

priorpeter

Kareem said:
Andy said:
Kareem said:

Matt Hogan?

yea
he is a sick player...ridiculously talented!

yeah, he's good, but people rate him too highly. he was gonna go to Northern Tigers but didnt make the cut. i grew up with that kid, played football with him since he was in year 7 (i was a couple of years above him). nice guy!.. but it wasn't the cost that made him leave lightning

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred