• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 vs Melbourne

kevrenor

Atomic said:
What's our situation with yellow cards? Who has how many? I'm getting fed up :fireup: with losing players every week because they pick up one yellow (which happens to be their fourth).
Very confusing as the stats on the FFA site are not complete or clear.

I'm trying to get something put together at:
http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=223.0

Seems Viddy is out as he's reached 4 cards (confused as he has had several reds), and Clarky on 4!

Also stats and pictures of game are up at:
http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R18/R18-CCvsMV.htm

mustapha_beer

Must.....clear....cross....ball........ :headbutt:

Must....put...ball.... :headbutt:......in back of....net

Must not stuff up minor prem.... :headbutt:...minor prem... :headbutt: minor premiership!

Does not compute.......aaarrrggghh!   :fireup:

rosko

Laurie Mckinna...

"But as I have said to the boys, we can't feel sorry for ourselves. Tonight we can feel sorry for ourselves but tomorrow we can't."

"The last two weeks is very disappointing that we have lost 10 goals. We have had the best defensive record all season and to lose 10 goals in two games isn't good enough."

"But as coaches we have to pick the boys up and focus on what we have done well all year which is a good team unit."

Lets hope they can put all this behind them and win the premiership...

morrijo

thoughts on grumps performance the crowd was pleased to see him.

Talk in todays paper that he may go north to new a leauge team or will we resign him

Andy

morrijo said:
thoughts on grumps performance the crowd was pleased to see him.

Talk in todays paper that he may go north to new a leauge team or will we resign him

Doubt we will re-sign him.

Saffron

Talking to hutcho at half time last night, he said he would be back for next week barring any unforeseen circumstances, and he only missed last night as a precaution more than anything else.

FFC Mariner

Whilst he would have been short of match fitness, he looks too slow for the pace of the HAL as it is now.

Sitting in front of the back 4 breaking up play is probably his best role now but he isnt going to get any game time off of Jedi is he??

jaypee

I still like him as an impact player of the bench say for the last 20-30 mins

He just adds that extra something when he comes on in those instances

poetryintheblood

Last night was disappointing sure, as we like our boys to win, especially when so close to finals now, but the truth be said not everyone was pulling their weight, and they seemed to give up after Victory's first goal. Credit must be given duly to Andrew Clarke who played brilliantly last night, delivering many balls set for goal, yet with no help, Andre Gumprecht as always put in a great effort on his return, and Tony Vidmar was great also. Whilst many others played a great game, the guys did seem down and not up to the game some how, losing so many players to injury and the such would be disheartening so understandable to a degree. I love the Mariners, so will support them always, and with all behind them, here's hoping we can kick butt come crunch time.

brett

Many words would sum up the performance but I would pick 'impatience'.

With the ball we threw too many men forward too quickly and left ourselves exposed. They all looked a bit excited and a bit anxious with the ball. On the chances we could have won 8-5 but we should have spent more time controlling the match than just trying to score goals.

There were a few individual defensive errors but I think Hutcho's absence was pretty noticeable. The shape of the team was never settled and you could see in such goals as Allsopp's header that Wilko had pushed out past him but Jedi was on the back post keeping him onside. In terms of leadership and spirit you could see that Hutch was missing also. He has become very important to this season.

One other thing I'll pick out is Aloisi's free kick under the wall. Muscat is standing on the post and clears the ball. Whenever you have an attacking free kick and a defender marks the post, you should stand an attacker right in front of him, or even right in front of the keeper. We didn't move anyone into a niggly position like this. If we had, I guarantee Muscat would have pushed forward off the post to move our player away from goal into an onside position. That cost us a goal!

beccstar

What i find hard to swallow, is  that me and many of our fellow fans beside me thought we were very close to the best side (despite letting in 5 goals) last night, we had a fair few real chances in the 1st half and many more in the 2nd. sitting behind the goals, made it easier to see all the chances we narrowly missed. Aloisi had some great oppotunities and the boys passing game was top notch. It doesn't make sense! And the "foul" on thompson was ridiculous. I just prayed that trotty would pick the right way to dive.. So we could stick it to Archie for his DIVE!
Everyone's posts above me make sense.. We all feel angry, but we should stay strong. think how you are feeling and think how much more devestated the boys are feeling. Surely they are just as in shock as we are. we have to stand and fight, with them...

gull

They took their chances and we didn't - simple.

We still played well and the sky hasn't fallen in yet people.

Three games to go before the finals (and we are there no matter what the results)
so be positive!

Gen (MarinerMum)

wELL THEY PLAYED LIKE ANCIENT MARINERS!

Sasho played like an old woman.  Aloisi missed a number of sitters similiar to the Adelaide game.  Simon, sorry he did to.

They looked like they had never played together.  But I also feel that their spirit was broken last week and they did soccer in automatic last night not from the heart.  They had their heads down.  Aloisi tried to motivate at times, however, I feel there was nothing to give.

A week away in Perth then back home will do them the world of good & pick them up ready for Newcastle.

I have to say that at 2-5 down I still believed we could at least draw until 6 minutes to go, then it was too late.

I wouldn't want to have a bad in some of your homes - it would be like going to hell and back.

You have to visualise the prize & how you are going to win it - I think they need some sport's motivator etc. to believe they are worthy toilet seat winners.

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:
Sorry Becc, Viddies foul on Archie was one of the most obvious penalties I have seen (and I am biased too).

Same here.

Archie does seem to go to ground a bit easier this season, but that penalty was as clear as day IMO.

beccstar

ok ok you may be right. i do only see yellow and blue... i suppose anger clouded my judgement.. i saw it front on though and was sure archie helped himself on the ground a bit. Melb had taken a few very obvious dives throughout the game, now that no one can deny.

And Gull: Yes exactly!!

gull

Cheers beccstar - even the papers today said we had more scoring chances.

I agree with Gen - I never thought we were gone until very late in the game.

Matty Simon is fantastic but how on earth did he miss the second one?

skilbeck

My concern is with Heff out, we need a decent left back as an injury cover. most of melbournes successful attacks came from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred