• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

MagpieMariner

We are not going we are booked on the party bus but am getting to old to sit in a windy stadium
The forecast is for this rain to keep up all day. If you can manage to get through the flooding, you'll not be in a windy stadium, you'll be in a f@#$n wet & windy stadium. I just can't see the game going ahead, general weather conditions too dangerous.

MagpieMariner

Morning everyone.
Shaun has attended the pitch inspection this morning, the playing surface is in good shape so the F3Derby is ON!
Those of you travelling, please drive safe and we'll see you there!
You won't see me there, no way I'm going out in this shit, with the forecast saying it won't ease any time soon.

LFCMariners

Being told down here not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Meanwhile the FFA: Nothing to see here, game on!

I remember in 2011 driving down in rain like this for the GCU v CCM game at Skilled Park. Got inside the stadium already soaking wet with the match having already kicked off and you could see the ball pulling up short in wetter patches of grass. The game was abandoned not long after. Wouldn't surprise me to see a repeat today, allowing this one to go ahead as it stands is just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Wee-mac

As it stands it would not seem viable for the match to go ahead. Crowdswill be severely impacted, quality of game will be down.. I remember a game at Home being called off due to heavy rain.

Pirate Pete

As it stands it would not seem viable for the match to go ahead. Crowdswill be severely impacted, quality of game will be down.. I remember a game at Home being called off due to heavy rain.
Sydney FC I think.
My mate was given two tickets by his neighbour. Up in the prawn sandwich section. Best seat I every had at a Mariners game.
Just got comfy when it was called off. Of course the neighbour could make the rearranged fixture, so I was back in general admission with the plebs.

Pirate Pete

The pitch is getting re-inspected at 2:30 pm by the ffa.
Just had a quick look at their forum.
Firstly they've called us Central Coast Mariners in the thread heading.
I thought they'd have used something more imaginative.
One bloke reckons they've only had 46 mm of rain since midnight & 101 mm since Thursday.
I've had to empty my rain gauge a few times since Thursday. We've had loads more rain on the Coast than Newcastle.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oar is out, Muzz is back in.
That seems positive - though I wonder how fit Muzz is. Maybe the plan will be to replace him early 2nd half....
Oar out won't be a problem, IMO. He's dropped right off since announcing his signing.

LFCMariners

If the pitch is in good nick, great job to the ground staff and everybody else responsible. But that isn't the point:

- Commercially, for Newcastle this is one of (if not their biggest) games of the season. You'll get the hardcore going, but aside from that crowds are going to take a massive hit today. For the Jest and the FFA, they're shooting themselves in the foot here. Considering last nights' Sydney derby was cancelled due to the conditions, surely a precedent has been set?

- On the Coast (and other areas I'm certain) people are being told not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Encouraging people to go out today is dangerous and irresponsible. The FFA needs to make a stance here, no shame admitting in this case its' not about the pitch but about the safety of the fans. We can reschedule this game for another date, hopefully better conditions and a bigger crowd too.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

. Considering last nights' Sydney derby was cancelled due to the conditions, surely a precedent has been set?
How so? Why do people keep making that argument?
1) Whether a game in Sydney is cancelled has nothing to do with whether a game in a different stadium is cancelled. I mean, it's almost like you may have different rainfall and wind conditions at 2 points 150+km apart, and it's almost like different stadiums can have different drainage
2) Precedent? Games have been called off before.

Pirate Pete

If the pitch is in good nick, great job to the ground staff and everybody else responsible. But that isn't the point:

- Commercially, for Newcastle this is one of (if not their biggest) games of the season. You'll get the hardcore going, but aside from that crowds are going to take a massive hit today. For the Jest and the FFA, they're shooting themselves in the foot here. Considering last nights' Sydney derby was cancelled due to the conditions, surely a precedent has been set?

- On the Coast (and other areas I'm certain) people are being told not to travel unless absolutely necessary. Encouraging people to go out today is dangerous and irresponsible. The FFA needs to make a stance here, no shame admitting in this case its' not about the pitch but about the safety of the fans. We can reschedule this game for another date, hopefully better conditions and a bigger crowd too.
Totally agree. The reason I'm not going is because I don't see the point of risk of driving in this weather.
Lets face it. Getting there, getting soaked and coming home in wet clothes. Nah.
They've called games off in the premier league when it was unsafe for fans to travel, even though the pitch was fine.
Should the club / Shaun have discouraged people from going?

Pirate Pete

1) Whether a game in Sydney is cancelled has nothing to do with whether a game in a different stadium is cancelled. I mean, it's almost like you may have different rainfall and wind conditions at 2 points 150+km apart, and it's almost like different stadiums can have different drainage
I presumed the game was off in Sydney due to the pitch.
I think that's all they'll take into consideration in Newcastle too.

LFCMariners

I meant a precedent for this weekend. Sure there's a distance of 150km between the two grounds in question, but if todays' game was called off it's not going to look at all unusual or unreasonable to anybody on the East Coast of Australia right now.

Ozhammer

My wife and I have agonised over this all week but we just can’t bring ourselves to head up for this one in truth.

Our form and general lack of cohesiveness as a team has been concerning me for some time now and the absence of any meaningful activity over the transfer window has convinced me personally that we will be lucky to escape the dreaded spoon and become the first team in HAL history to finish 11th.

Sorry if that all sounds overly pessimistic but we are playing the worst football in the league at present and I really don’t see the circuit breaker to change that. I don’t know if it’s the players or the coaching, or a combination of both but with no obvious solution on the radar, I really can’t see the narrative changing any time soon unfortunately.

I would really like to know why the club was so inactive in January, was it a lack of funds or is it simply too hard to persuade players to join CCM? The shortcomings in the team are pretty obvious to most of us and yet no reinforcements arrived, so perhaps Shaun could put up a post to comment on this?

I can distinctly remember feeling very similarly last season (and probably a few seasons before that too in truth) and given our performances in the games since the Victory win, something is clearly not right. As much as it pains me to say it, there simply isn’t enough desperation and desire in the team to win in my opinion.

I will be only too happy to be called out on this post if the boys get a result this afternoon but all that will really do is paper over some very obvious cracks from where I sit.

I think I will go for a lie down now.....:(

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred