• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

LFCMariners

That's cool, Shaun-

But people back here on the Coast are being told not to travel unless absolutely necessary, and the FFA don't see the issue with green-lighting this fixture? Have you looked at the flooding and fallen trees etc. happening here today?

If they call todays' game off, they lose a shit crowd in shit conditions. But gain the chance for a better crowd in better conditions.

AuzDutchy

Oar being out is maybe blessing, with the conditions its going to be a rough slog and we need mainly battlers, i would keep DDS on the bench even and just hope we can out kick and out run them

scoober

That's cool, Shaun-

But people back here on the Coast are being told not to travel unless absolutely necessary, and the FFA don't see the issue with green-lighting this fixture? Have you looked at the flooding and fallen trees etc. happening here today?

If they call todays' game off, they lose a shit crowd in shit conditions. But gain the chance for a better crowd in better conditions.
Trains have been suspended between Hornsby and Morriset too.

Ancient Mariner

I hope our short players can keep their heads above water.

Absolutely pissing down here and has been all morning. Rdar suggests Newcastle the same.

The ground must be 100% sand to drain.

I am not driving from Sydney in this weather. Take it easy those that are.

LFCMariners

Trains have been suspended between Hornsby and Morriset too.

The FFA: Has a concerning dip in crowds, culminating in some notably below-par attendances at last round

Also the FFA: This patch of grass in Broadmeadow looks good. Let's ignore literally every other factor happening outside the boundaries of Hunter Stadium that's going to have a notably negative immediate impact on the crowd for one of the oldest rivalries in this league we manage that needs every feel-good story it can get its' hands on right now...

BaysideMariner

I hope our short players can keep their heads above water.

Absolutely pissing down here and has been all morning. Rdar suggests Newcastle the same.

The ground must be 100% sand to drain.

I am not driving from Sydney in this weather. Take it easy those that are.
Nisbett to wear a snorkel

Big Al

To be fair it’s what’s happening in Newcastle that matters not what’s happening on the coast. Derby or not.

I have no power and a missing fence. The radio is full of don’t go areas.

So Coasties shouldn’t travel and it will suck for the crowd

But if it’s safe in Newcastle then play ball

Big Al

It’s derby time.

This is when you play for the shirt but also for your fans and community.

I expect nothing less than 100% effort.

Mat is the man for this. Lead us to a dodgy 1-0 in pissing rain

Pirate Pete

To be fair it’s what’s happening in Newcastle that matters not what’s happening on the coast. Derby or not.

I have no power and a missing fence. The radio is full of don’t go areas.

So Coasties shouldn’t travel and it will suck for the crowd

But if it’s safe in Newcastle then play ball
I've lost the road outside my house. Power still on though.
20200209-133346.jpg

Coastalraider

I don’t think the FFA care about the crowd, and I don’t think the Jets have a say.

this is going ahead because It was judged that 2 teams are able to play on a surface safely. Playing that match enables the ffa and fox to televise to a s**t tonne of people sitting at home watching television today because the weather is terrible.
I’d say this match will have a significantly higher viewing audience that it would have if it was dry, which is a win for the ffa.
At best that away bay was going to get 100 people in it given our form, so while it’s crap some people can’t get their safety, I don’t think it would have even registered as an issue on the decision for the match to be played.

marinermick

I am in Newcastle. Has not been anywhere as bad as the Coast the last five hours. The drive down was fine.

The overreaction on social media about this game continuing has been beyond hysterical.

Get on with it and get the three points in a shit fight. Things can’t always be rainbows and sunshine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred