• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

LFCMariners

Been pouring nonstop all night- the precedent has been set with the postponement of the Sydney derby last night and (from a playing plus a commercial perspective) allowing today's game to go ahead would be idiocy.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
There gonna have to hold a swimming carnival if they don’t call it off ......also it’s us and the scummers, why would they cancel we ain’t near as important like those blue f**kers or the parramatta renters

Pirate Pete

Referees aren't exactly kind to him either, if I recall the FFA Cup game against Adelaide. What a joke
Yeah, but you know the abuse he gives the ref has made him a target.
I said to Style Cafe the other week. Amadi-Holloway elbowed Rowles and he had to get a cut seen to. It seemed accidental
However if Simon had done that it would have been a different story.

Blackadder

Been absolutely hammering down in Northern Sydney since around 2am, if it's anything like it up in Boganville , no way will they play (unless it's water polo)

marinermick

Been absolutely hammering down in Northern Sydney since around 2am, if it's anything like it up in Boganville , no way will they play (unless it's water polo)

Been worse in Newcastle.

Waratah Station which is nearby is flooded. You very rarely see that.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I say play. This is our best chance of winning.

Agree. After this we have Adelaide (the only way to beat them is to have a more effective front line on the day - midfield and defence won't cut it - so we won't win). Then SFC, enough said there. Then WU again - winnable, but don't forget it's more winnable for them (and we choked so hard last time)

Jets have WSW, MV, PG. 2/3 games are the ones Jets should be looking hard to win - though again, it's more winnable for each of their opponents.

But over the next 4 weeks, Jets have a far kinder schedule than us.

If we either lose today, or don't play today, then we're genuinely facing 6 losses in a row. I can't imagine we'd recover from that mentally, not at this point in the season - and if we have any players we want to keep but have considerations of leaving due to our performance, then that will ruin any chance of keeping them.

I don't think there's any game more critical this season than tonight's.

And with our tough month ahead, and Jets' easier one - coupled with the new coach and Roy......well, I'm pretty sure the wooden spoon supplier is thinking about changing the first letter of his embossing machine from 'N' to 'C'.

It's dire.

Yeah, but you know the abuse he gives the ref has made him a target.
I said to Style Cafe the other week. Amadi-Holloway elbowed Rowles and he had to get a cut seen to. It seemed accidental
However if Simon had done that it would have been a different story.
Which just, again, highlights a problem with the refereeing - the bias against Simon is clear as day. How often do you see him cop clear, 2-handed pushes in the back with nothing? If he dissents, deal with that AND the fouls. I can't complain too much when 50-50, even 60-40 stuff against the nuisance player isn't given - but when it's clear, the referees need to get past their bias.
But for me, that doesn't even explain it - plenty of players constantly berate the referee. The MV wankers on whingepool put it down to him being a dirty player - he can be a bit grubby but there are far dirtier players out there. No matter what crime anybody accuses him off, there are players far, far worse out there.
But last week - he (completely accidentally) kicked a guy in the head at waist height (heck, there's a very good argument that Simon hadn't even committed a foul there), and straight away checked he was alright and helped him up - had genuine concern. Compare that to several other games over the weekend where players ran up and stood over the player on the ground screaming at them - something which should be an instant YC every time. Even when Simon gets a bit aggro and grubby, I don't think I've ever seen him actually try to harm anyone.

marinermick

See you down there

“Singing in the rain
I’m singing in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I’m hap, hap, happy again.”

Blackadder

They do realise a lot more rain is due to fall between now and kick off?
Surprised this has been given the green light, but then again the Smurfs or the Drive bys aren't involved..
For those traveling up drive safely.

Pirate Pete

Which just, again, highlights a problem with the refereeing - the bias against Simon is clear as day. How often do you see him cop clear, 2-handed pushes in the back with nothing? If he dissents, deal with that AND the fouls. I can't complain too much when 50-50, even 60-40 stuff against the nuisance player isn't given - but when it's clear, the referees need to get past their bias.
But for me, that doesn't even explain it - plenty of players constantly berate the referee. The MV wankers on whingepool put it down to him being a dirty player - he can be a bit grubby but there are far dirtier players out there. No matter what crime anybody accuses him off, there are players far, far worse out there.
But last week - he (completely accidentally) kicked a guy in the head at waist height (heck, there's a very good argument that Simon hadn't even committed a foul there), and straight away checked he was alright and helped him up - had genuine concern. Compare that to several other games over the weekend where players ran up and stood over the player on the ground screaming at them - something which should be an instant YC every time. Even when Simon gets a bit aggro and grubby, I don't think I've ever seen him actually try to harm anyone.

I don't disagree that it's a refereeing problem. Too late now though after the abuse he yelled at the ref.
His card is marked. He plays for the Mariners.
Yes there are worse players out there, and as you say they get away with loads of things.
Even not necessarily dirty players. Broxham comes to mind. Niggly little twat.
Stopping quick free kicks. Slowing down penalty kicks etc. YC, nah.

*I reluctantly have just called style_cafe to say I'm not going.
I'd have trouble getting out of my drive way at the moment.
I was looking forward to that too.

Big Al

They do realise a lot more rain is due to fall between now and kick off?
Surprised this has been given the green light, but then again the Smurfs or the Drive bys aren't involved..
For those traveling up drive safely.
Check out shauns twitter. Pitch look pretty good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred