• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

marinermick

Birraz, Miller, Ziggy, Rowles, Clisby, Kim, Stens, Djuric, Silvera, Simon, Jair

De Silva on bench. Nisbet out of squad

Ozhammer

Fkn Clisby gets a start wtf? Perhaps he needs to score a worldy og before he gets punted?

I also don’t understand why Nisbet gets dropped, as others have said, the conditions would probably suit him better than many others.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

Birraz, Miller, Ziggy, Rowles, Clisby, Kim, Stens, Djuric, Silvera, Simon, Jair

De Silva on bench. Nisbet out of squad
EQTliHyUYAEwRw3

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Put our worst back in to start again and don't even put one of our more promising and well-performing players.
what the actual f... is Staj doing?

Clisby on. Jair on. Nisbet not even playing.

I wasn't confident before, but it looks like Staj has lost this match before it even started. what the hell is he thinking???

What does Nizzy actually have to do??? We've been holding him back for years - surely other clubs are interested in him at this point, and if he has any sense he'd have to be strongly considering going to a club that actually wants to give a promising young player a fair go rather than continuing to reward mediocrity and incompetence.

Speaking of which.....I'd still love to know why Fox is on the outer. Ten times the defender Clisby is.

So many inexplicable squad and selection issues happening right now and lately. Not the first coach we've seen that with.

Michael

I am in Newcastle. Has not been anywhere as bad as the Coast the last five hours. The drive down was fine.

The overreaction on social media about this game continuing has been beyond hysterical.

Get on with it and get the three points in a shit fight. Things can’t always be rainbows and sunshine.

australians do love a good over the top blow up at any opportunity.

but anyway.... I reckon we can get it done
Nothing better than playing on a slick pitch. Hopefully Silvera is switched on. Could be the difference.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Also, why did we announce only a few hours ago that Muzz was playing, when he isn't? Come on, this just looks silly.

Anyway, is it going to be an own goal or a penalty by Clisby in the 12th minute?

I'm so angry at this squad selection.

marinermick

Also, why did we announce only a few hours ago that Muzz was playing, when he isn't? Come on, this just looks silly.

Anyway, is it going to be an own goal or a penalty by Clisby in the 12th minute?

I am not so angry. Team has a practicality given the conditions and it being a derby game. Staj has opted for the work rate and aggression of Stens and Kim over Nisbet. Ditto with Simon starting up front.

Other than throwing a newbie in Hatch for a debut he had no choice but to start Clisby and not disrupt the rest of the backline.

I actually see that this may be 5-4-1 early:

Birraz
Miller Ziggy Kim Rowles Clisby
Silvera Djuric Stens Jair
Simon

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's a wet pitch and Nizzy has, if I'm not mistaken, one of this highest pass completion rates in the league. Somebody who can actually get the ball where it's supposed to be (as well as having great close ball control skills) would be invaluable.

I honestly feel like the way he plays Kim disrupts the back line more than bringing in a new defender would.

Michael

I think it was just a clerical thing
Had to name another in the squad as Tommy was dropping out.

marinermick

It's a wet pitch and Nizzy has, if I'm not mistaken, one of this highest pass completion rates in the league. Somebody who can actually get the ball where it's supposed to be (as well as having great close ball control skills) would be invaluable.

I honestly feel like the way he plays Kim disrupts the back line more than bringing in a new defender would.

We won’t be passing in those areas today in those conditions. It will be getting the ball up to Simon as quick as possible and playing football in their half.

Tim

My guess is Staj sees this as an arm wrestle in the wet with Simon, Stens and Kim to be heavily in the mix on that front. That’s the only reason I can see Nesbit not in the mix....

marinermick

My guess is Staj sees this as an arm wrestle in the wet with Simon, Stens and Kim to be heavily in the mix on that front. That’s the only reason I can see Nesbit not in the mix....

Exactly. Nisbet and Silvera in your midfield in a derby would be a mistake in my opinion, especially with the power of Urgarkovic and Kantarovski in the middy

Michael

DDS was in the first lineup (bench) that was posted on Instagram but is no longer on the newer one posted...
I think he has a niggle and late withdrawal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred