• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 - CCM v Roar @ Gosford

Big Al

How did Skapetis go?

I sort of agree and sort of don't. When the ref shows blatant incompetence like this, well that sort of tackle is EXACTLY what the VAR should be there for.
I can't blame the AR, because the AR can't have an input unless the ref wants it. We don't know what conversation was had. For all we know the AR may have wanted a red.
But I don't like that the VAR red was in direct contravention of how we were told the VAR was going to operate.
The tackle was f***** though. Really disappointed to see somebody in yellow and navy come in with something that savage. Should see 3-4 weeks
I saw on Twitter that someone said the refs view was obstructed by a player (not sure how accurate that is) but one of them should of seen that tackle. If not both deserve a rest

LFCMariners

I tell you what is good for a chuckle are some of the posts/ comments I've seen on the Jest fan Fb pages.

Their best season in a decade and all they can talk about is us :piralaugh:

They remind me of Birmingham City fans or Evertonians for their level of obsession with their local rivals....

Ozhammer

Hoole was apparently dropped due to going on a bender during the two days off Okon gave the team after the Sydney Game and reported back late for training. When he was bemoaning the lack of time to do tactical work on the podcast last week, why the feck doesn’t he bring the boys in for one of those days to specifically work on the tactical side of things? God knows we seem to need it and it is not an issue that I have heard any other A League coach mention, so what are they doing differently?

On the subject of Hoole’s omission, my understanding is that there is a drinking culture amongst the younger team members, which surely isn’t apprporiate for supposed elite sportsmen. My recollection was that Arnie had a strict no drinking policy during his time as coach, so perhaps that’s something Okon needs to bring back?

Whilst I fully appreciate the effects that the club’s financial limitations must have on Okon’s playing resources, he still has to wear performances like that of last night, which bore quite few hallmarks of coaching naivety imo. His comments last week about plan B being to execute plan A better, possibly speak to a whole other issue about his potential limitations as a coach.

It was interesting how he dodged the question about extending his tenure beyond this season and the club really needs to reflect on the last couple of seasons before begging him to extend. Whilst I do hope he is the man to take the club forward, as we can ill-afford another coach reset and all the upheaval that brings, he needs to find a way to improve results and quickly, or fewer fans will be inclined to spend their hard-earned on renewing their memberships come next season.

ballantyne

I want Brama suspended for the rest of the season. I never want to see him in a Mariners shirt ever again.
I'm ashamed.

scottmac

Suspended
The worst thing about all of this is that there is no media on how bad we are going. They just take it as a given. If these performances were dished out by another club they'd be talking about crisis. But not us. I'll give Paolo another year but if we dont spend at least the cap on player recruitment this off season then they may as well not bother turning up. There are too many players in the 11 who are not starting quality. Rose Appiah Wales Powell Golec (even though he's done ok)

Insertnamehere

Hoole was apparently dropped due to going on a bender during the two days off Okon gave the team after the Sydney Game and reported back late for training. When he was bemoaning the lack of time to do tactical work on the podcast last week, why the feck doesn’t he bring the boys in for one of those days to specifically work on the tactical side of things? God knows we seem to need it and it is not an issue that I have heard any other A League coach mention, so what are they doing differently?

On the subject of Hoole’s omission, my understanding is that there is a drinking culture amongst the younger team members, which surely isn’t apprporiate for supposed elite sportsmen. My recollection was that Arnie had a strict no drinking policy during his time as coach, so perhaps that’s something Okon needs to bring back?

Whilst I fully appreciate the effects that the club’s financial limitations must have on Okon’s playing resources, he still has to wear performances like that of last night, which bore quite few hallmarks of coaching naivety imo. His comments last week about plan B being to execute plan A better, possibly speak to a whole other issue about his potential limitations as a coach.

It was interesting how he dodged the question about extending his tenure beyond this season and the club really needs to reflect on the last couple of seasons before begging him to extend. Whilst I do hope he is the man to take the club forward, as we can ill-afford another coach reset and all the upheaval that brings, he needs to find a way to improve results and quickly, or fewer fans will be inclined to spend their hard-earned on renewing their memberships come next season.
Culture keeps coming up as an issue broadly. I don't see why professional athletes feel the need to bender during season. Its completely counter productive to being fit and healthy. I assume however, the club also allows it by saying to them you are men make your own decisions. So then what about the senior players? Brama, Tommy H, Baro etc
Who is setting and ensure the standards are met???

Aside from the supporters it should really piss the staff off, who've busted a hump to do their jobs and get some hype going around the club save for the pizzly efforts on field and stuff coming out of the locker rooms.

Insertnamehere

I want Brama suspended for the rest of the season. I never want to see him in a Mariners shirt ever again.
I'm ashamed.
Hey Hey ho, wait a minute. Muscat did that sort of thing every other wk of his career and look where he is now.....
Ashamed yep sure, I'm sure Brama is contrite. You dont just throw your kids out of the house when they disappoint. Set the standard start again.
He'll be lucky to get back this season.
It probably shows more where the team is at mentally than Brama as a person. Albeit the 2nd time hes smashed someones shin this year...

ballantyne

Hey Hey ho, wait a minute. Muscat did that sort of thing every other wk of his career and look where he is now.....
Ashamed yep sure, I'm sure Brama is contrite. You dont just throw your kids out of the house when they disappoint. Set the standard start again.
He'll be lucky to get back this season.
It probably shows more where the team is at mentally than Brama as a person. Albeit the 2nd time hes smashed someones shin this year...
He's not a child, but he acts like one. A pathetic man baby who expresses frustration by assaulting his...I would say fellow professionals, but he's not one. He's a c**t. Just like Muscat.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Seriously thinking I might cancel my Foxtel after this. Do I really need to keep paying that amount of money for this rubbish? If the team doesn't care and all that.....

Ozhammer

He's not a child, but he acts like one. A pathetic man baby who expresses frustration by assaulting his...I would say fellow professionals, but he's not one. He's a c**t. Just like Muscat.
Wow! Did Brama Park in your car spot or something? His card against Bonevacia was deserved but not violent, whereas the one on Gamiero was much worse and he will cop more than a one game ban. Thankfully, in both instances the players involved were able to see out the game and Gamiero has said that Wout was as upset about the possibility of injuring a fellow player, so I think your vitriol needs to be turned down somewhat.

We have copped some pretty ordinary tackles this season but football is a contact sport, played at high pace (well perhaps not in our case at times) and these sorts of incidents will simply be part of the game. Okon should have condemned the challenge if he hasn’t already but the FFA will administer an appropriate punishment, plus the normal additional Mariners’ allowance, so expect a minimum 3 game ban possibly 4. Any more will be excessive by the standard of the league but that wouldn’t surprise anyone would it?

ballantyne

Seriously thinking I might cancel my Foxtel after this. Do I really need to keep paying that amount of money for this rubbish? If the team doesn't care and all that.....
Bear in mind that not only are they taking all that money off you, but they are using some of it to deny you access to the internet and other entertainment product.

bradley

I feel so empty after this match. Watching Okon on the sidelines and he had no urgency, no desire to push the team forward to get a goal. It summed it up for me when Appiah went down with cramp and it took us 2-3 minutes to get Buhagier onto the pitch.

Possession football is so frustrating to watch, especially the way we play it. When your down 2-1 with 5 minutes to go and your passing it back to your GK :fireup:. Can someone please tell Da Silva he can pass the ball (unless he is having a shot!)

They wonder why only 5200 people turned up. I'm a die hard Mariners fan and I can't even get excited for next weeks game against the Wanderers, so how would a "sometimes" fan feel?

Rant done

Ozhammer

What did Butty O'Donovan get? 7? Brama did worse and has previous. He deserves the 9.
Assuming this post isn’t clickbait, how can Brama’s tackle in the heat of the game possibly be worse than a pre-meditated headbutt? Yes Brama deserves to receive punishment for a poor challenge but O Donovan’s situation was very different and he thoroughly deserved the 6 week ban he copped.

We see challenges like this a handful of times across a season but not normally from one of our own in fairness, so I can understand the shock and disappointment but let’s keep any condemnation proportionate eh?

adz

Staff member

Get in there @adz nice burn

tshirt-1469905178657_big.png

Pity there wasn't really much to say after that...

Forum Phoenix

Yes but
Our goals conceded are probably half and we’ve lost or drawn games we were winning and should have won.
Last season we never looked like winning each week. This year we do we just can’t score.
We need 3 more players. 2 starting wingers and a striker and we are top 4 material.
The attack is making the rest of the team look bad. Although it was defence who made those horrible mistakes tonight but that really was a one off but because we are loosing it feels worse

Thanks for talking sense Big Al.

sydmariner

The R.E.M. Song was funny.

What was with the people in the stands and even Brissy fans lighting up in solidarity?

(Also last home game what was the silent protest about?)

Style, we had to bend down to read the time from Bay 17.......they must have had the bloke that looks after the water pipes on the peninsula in charge of the screen.
i think it was that everone was singing "everybody hurt's" we also played "500 mile's over the mega to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred