• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18 - CCM v Roar @ Gosford

Big Al

I'm angry, frustrated and plain ole disheartened but... That's a bit harsh on Okon... I sit right behind the bench, and he spent a lot of the game yelling at the team to move and pass the ball faster, trying to guide them on where to go - and in most cases he was pointing in the right direction... One memorable outburst from that last five minutes - directed at Jolic was the "FFS I TOLD them to speed it up!"...
As for the Buhagiar change - Trent was being called back almost immediately when Appiah went down, but something happened on the field - can't remember right now, but maybe we got the ball back and might be in with a chance or something? Trent was being running through tactical info with Jolic and they looked like they had the change lined up. I'm not sure it could have happened much faster/better tbh.

As for the rest, I couldn't agree more... I don't think I have ever left a game feeling this empty about the team... One of the guys that I sit with is starting to seriously reconsider signing up next year - considering his hour-long commute for each game... Not because of the loss, but because it feels so uncaring and disorganised on the pitch and I can't say I blame him. If I was looking for disappointment, I could just stay at home and look in the mirror ;)
Paul was on his arse most of the game. Unusual for him. With 5 to go a pic went up on the big screen of Paul rubbing his head in utter frustration and a look of what the f is happening. I looked at him a few times and he wasn’t like he usually is. He looked frustrated but worse he didn’t have the answers or was capable of snapping the boys out of it.

There was the Trent warm up that got him sat back down again when Rose came off and on Appiah not even the physio got up. Just saymt there. You could see he was in pain and cramped and was off the field. There was no movement to get him off immediately. Appiah ended up coming back on for another couple of minutes hobbling after being out of play for a couple of minutes. It was not good coaching but maybe as it was the last sub he wanted to wait but we all know Appiah won’t recover.

ccmmic

From what I saw at the game, Josh Rose was subbed due to a knee injury. He had an ice pack on it when sitting on the bench. So, I assume that Storm replacing Josh was a forced substitution.

Woollybutt

From what I saw at the game, Josh Rose was subbed due to a knee injury. He had an ice pack on it when sitting on the bench. So, I assume that Storm replacing Josh was a forced substitution.
Yep, was just about to post the same. Sideline commentator said he felt something in the outside of his knee and had to come off. The way they described it didn't sound good, but it may have been precautionary.

Timmah

Yep, was just about to post the same. Sideline commentator said he felt something in the outside of his knee and had to come off. The way they described it didn't sound good, but it may have been precautionary.
Can guarantee he had it on full ice once he came off. Definitely an injury sub

Forum Phoenix

That makes me feel a lot better about Okon. The Roux sub seemed a repeat of the Newcastle madness and not getting Skapetis on really bothered me. But fair cop, glad to be wrong on that one,

VicMariner

That is always underestimated. We had fans that would have been rusted on if it had been held here - instead the FFA spurned them never to be seen again. Let alone the opportunity to showcase the Mariners in a major event on the Coast that likely would have attracted a sell-out plus at least an additional 20,000 to a live site.
The FFA were maximising profit from a big stadium.
The whole crux of the problem with the HAL's failure is that the FFA put making money first and not football. They are so blinded by the quest for money they keep shooting themselves in the foot and turn football fans away.
If only they would make the best football competition possible, the best football experience possible, the fans would come. The money would flow.
Euro snobs only exist because the FFA are serving an entertainment package aimed at families and NRL/AFL types. They don't believe in the strength of the game or the passion and loyalty of real football fans.
Don't pander to the criticisms of ignorant local journalists in the pocket of the AFL. Ignore them. Don't try and attract timid mums looking for an evening out with their glass children.
Give us the real game, unleash active support, and stop worrying about what non football people think.
Real football will make real money like everywhere else in the world.
Have some faith and backbone.

true believer

• being distracted by the old boy behind us boiling over with rage at 'the green muppet' (i was honestly surprised by the the vocabulary)
* yes i know that is the correct incorrect spelling

Thought mrs TB was gunna jump the seat and choke the old boy ragging the lads .

What a wanker

Wombat

Alot of people spoke to me today and are genuinely angry about how pathetic that performance was.

Forum Phoenix

Alot of people spoke to me today and are genuinely angry about how pathetic that performance was.
Doesn't surprise. It was so listless. It's what always angers fans the most I think.

I do think our players care, so no idea what the hell was going on. But something was.

Ozhammer

The FFA were maximising profit from a big stadium.
The whole crux of the problem with the HAL's failure is that the FFA put making money first and not football. They are so blinded by the quest for money they keep shooting themselves in the foot and turn football fans away.
If only they would make the best football competition possible, the best football experience possible, the fans would come. The money would flow.
Euro snobs only exist because the FFA are serving an entertainment package aimed at families and NRL/AFL types. They don't believe in the strength of the game or the passion and loyalty of real football fans.
Don't pander to the criticisms of ignorant local journalists in the pocket of the AFL. Ignore them. Don't try and attract timid mums looking for an evening out with their glass children.
Give us the real game, unleash active support, and stop worrying about what non football people think.
Real football will make real money like everywhere else in the world.
Have some faith and backbone.
Great post but be careful what you wish for with a comment like ‘unleash the active support’ as the RBB have already shown us a glimpse of where that road potentially leads.....

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Great post but be careful what you wish for with a comment like ‘unleash the active support’ as the RBB have already shown us a glimpse of where that road potentially leads.....
The friggin HAL bosses treat our active support like their fkn Ajax Ultras....geez, if the HAL bosses came across some old school Dutch ( or whoever) ultras, the HAL bosses would shit bricks and run screaming for mummy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred