• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 17 - Sydney away

Ancient Mariner

I missed all but the last twenty of the game, but saw some of the first half highlights online. Was the rest of Wales game prem league quality or something for everyone to be saying he was excellent? That tap in was absolutely shithouse. I know shit happens but certainly expect better from a professional football player. His job is to put it in.
Watch the whole game.

true believer

very happy with Skapetis , has a bit of size to
big shift from powell and netted the first penalty against the bling in two years the commentator was saying
melling very nice great pick up
tommy and baro top shelf
wales apart from the miss had a great shift

i think the team is getting its mojo back . could be good times ahead

true believer

I don't understand how Appiah keeps getting game time. Does he have photos of Okon in drag snorting coke off Arnold's naked arse or something that he's blackmailing Okon with? He is not HAL standard. He isn't even NPL standard.

while he makes a plenty of errors . zullo will be happy not to see him again

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Absolutely over the top disgusting garbage comments. Expect better on this forum.

Apart from the baseness of your language I totally disagree with your judgement.

Appiah ripped them apart and terrorised Wilko. We would have looked half as good without him.

Atrocious finishing agreed, but he has something you cannot teach, balance, pace and the ability to run at and beat players.

Hopefully finishing can be taught.

And tonight was probably the best game he's had. But he takes all the wrong options up attack. I can see what he _might_ be capable of. But he's failed to deliver on his potential for too many games. We all know he can't shoot himself - sure, keeping him out on the wing helps with that, but even in the position he's playing now he NEEDS to be able to finish. He also fails to create anything because his passes and crosses are just missing the mark way too often and he doesn't lift his head to see what's going on.
He runs.
That's it.
He tries, so hard, and I love that he keeps trying. But it's time to move on from the Appiah experiment.

ballantyne

Poor Appiah - that shot from a winger looking towards half an 18 yard box with only Hoole in it. It's a mind thing.

Wales equally frustrating, with that miss then that killer ball for Appiah to do as above. But it's his what 3rd start?

Good day for the yellow. The boys, except perhaps Appiah, will be feeling positive.

Ancient Mariner

And tonight was probably the best game he's had. But he takes all the wrong options up attack. I can see what he _might_ be capable of. But he's failed to deliver on his potential for too many games. We all know he can't shoot himself - sure, keeping him out on the wing helps with that, but even in the position he's playing now he NEEDS to be able to finish. He also fails to create anything because his passes and crosses are just missing the mark way too often and he doesn't lift his head to see what's going on.
He runs.
That's it.
He tries, so hard, and I love that he keeps trying. But it's time to move on from the Appiah experiment.

I would play him off the bench for the rest of the season, coming on at the 60 or 70 minute mark.

I also think that as a winger he brings more to the team than Andrew Hoole. I am convince that striker is Hoole's position. I am also convinced that striker is TBT's position. Why do we need another striker? We have heaps of them but no one realises it.

Having said that I am now running out of wingers. Let's see more Lachy. Or even Storm.

style_cafe

Apiah is so much like Kwasnik..
He does things other players can`t do but can`t do what other players can do.
In saying that he ripped Zullo & that other ex Mariner apart tonight.

Wombat

Im Appiah's biggest critic BUT he makes things happen. Paul was a bit red faced by playing as a 9 but off the bench he is a wonderful instrument. I would actually resign him for another 12 months but use him more sensibly that Okon has this year,

Wombat

Wales tap in, Hoole unmarked at the spot, penalty, that's really 2 points dropped. Interesting Appiah's reaction to Hoole giving him a serve, wasn't friendly.

True. But he did f**k up but i think Hoole would be abit of a Tool......or maybe im just assuming coz he is from Newcastle and 90% are f**kwits in our interactions with them.

midfielder

On what I saw tonight Appaih panics when he gets near goal and mostly gets it wrong at that point ... getting into position, making the run, he is arguably the best in hal... but its the clam and decision making at the end that's missing big time..

I through I saw an answer tonight ... left mid Storm DDS as the CM and Wales on the right and we seem now to have two reasonable strikers.. nay 3 as I agree with Ancient Mariner above Trent is a striker not a winger...

Wombat

Absolutely over the top disgusting garbage comments. Expect better on this forum.

Apart from the baseness of your language I totally disagree with your judgement.

Appiah ripped them apart and terrorised Wilko. We would have looked half as good without him.

Atrocious finishing agreed, but he has something you cannot teach, balance, pace and the ability to run at and beat players.

Hopefully finishing can be taught.

It cannot. I coached a 7 yo that could smack the ball in with EITHER foot from outside the box and he used to score 40+ plus goals a season. I would have put my house on him being a professional player. Wyoming had another kid of the same level. If i was a talent scout they would be in!
I saw him playing left wing not 9 when he was about 10yo and he had lost that zip. I was just watching but i struggle to control myself and was yelling from the sidelines telling him what to do and he was brilliant while i told him what to do. My wife told me it was rude to talk over the top of his coach so i shut up and he disappereared.
My son (who played A's with this kid at 7 and 8) later went to Eddys who have a very strong Football team. They were told if you dont play A Grade dont even attempt to get in the team. This kid had dominated the A grade teams when young and he didnt get picked up. This kid had 10 times Appiah's natural ability and didnt make it to Lightning level ( he ended up being the number 1 tennis player on the Coast......his mum pushed him not his dad!!!) so its only Appi speed and mongrel that keep him on the fringes of the 11.

greenlig

Appiah can pass, he can run, he does great stuff. But when it counts as a forward, he completely goes to shit. No other way to spin it.

Holy

Baro was immense tonight and deserved MOM. Tommy and Melling not far behind.

I think Okon also deserved a lot of credit tonight. Again he had the boys up for this game, especially with a depleted squad and a bit of upheaval during the week. I thought it was a master stroke to play Hoole on the left. Why, because he tracked back and defended. We have been very weak defensively down the left, often putting Rose under more pressure than he needs to have, because Pain doesn't track back. Tonight we weren't and it made a difference.

Well done Lachie Wales. Don't let that miss worry you, even the best strikers in the world have missed goals like that. We are so proud of your performances so far, and look foward for you to get the opportunity to put tonight's miss right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred