• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 17 - Sydney away

Timmah

Agree RE: AR but don't agree we've lost our cool or focus tbh. This game is still wide open and the addition of DDS and Skapetis has been good

Gratis

Im happy with this game whatever the result. Didn't expect anything more than a loss.

IF we can continue to play like this we could still make the finals.

Timmah

Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede Don't concede

nebakke

We f**king could have won that... Probably not ABN unfair or even a bad result, but we should have bloody won that one.

Timmah

I'm happy with the result. A win would've been great but to take 4 points from a possible 6 against the best team of the last two seasons? Clear improvement in various areas today. Solid defence. Better (but still short of the mark attack)

Gratis

Skapetis showed enough to start at 9 I reckon. Nothing against Powell who had a great game but he was smart and I think he'll prove a scorer

Baro was outstanding, Wales excellent, Hiariej excellent

scottmac

Suspended
Wales tap in, Hoole unmarked at the spot, penalty, that's really 2 points dropped. Interesting Appiah's reaction to Hoole giving him a serve, wasn't friendly.

Spacks

Wales tap in, Hoole unmarked at the spot, penalty, that's really 2 points dropped. Interesting Appiah's reaction to Hoole giving him a serve, wasn't friendly.
Which is strange because Appiah should be counting his lucky stars he's still got a f**king contract.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't understand how Appiah keeps getting game time. Does he have photos of Okon in drag snorting coke off Arnold's naked arse or something that he's blackmailing Okon with? He is not HAL standard. He isn't even NPL standard.

That aside, I'm happy with tonight. I expected a painful loss. Instead, we were as good as the competition leaders. No joke. They did not play better than us. In patches, yes. First 15-20min of the 2nd half I felt like we were starting to lose it and of course SFC scored, we weren't as good as our first half - but we picked it back up and we were strong all half.
Our front third was certainly our weak point - there weren't many times when I had the heart in the mouth thinking we were about to score. We just don't look like that around the box. We can get into the box no problem - but we're not finding ourselves taking enough shots. To be fair though SFC didn't really take any shots either. I think they attacked a lot with pace - and to be honest, our defence handled them really, really well. They punched through our lines a bit but we shut them down really quickly.

And there were quite a few poor decisions up around the front third - too many passes our when I'd rather see players try to run or even shoot from range. Perhaps that's confidence though - going risk averse to try to create something instead of just grabbing hold of what's in front of us.
Golec - I've been a big critic so I felt like he played really, really well.
Hoole - he seemed to do better in the role he was in today, perhaps sharing duties with Wales took some pressure off. I still want to see more from him though. He had a few poor choices.
Wales, getting better every game.
Skapetis, has the potential to really do well with us. Good first appearance.
Melling is doing well too.
DDS, I didn't think he made his presence felt in his short time on the pitch.
Asdrubal's absence really has strengthened our entire on-field presence

While I'm happy, this one stings a bit because I think this is the best we've played...well, probably since last time we played SFC. If we played like this for this duration against other teams we'd be having a very different season.
But it stings a bit because it feels like we could have taken the victory. I still think one of those penalty appeals we definitely should have had, which is infuriating. But overall....so close to an incredible win.
Little annoying how they were trying to waste time in the final 5-10min when Okon seemed to want them to keep attacking.

But we drew, away, against the comp leaders. I'm pretty happy with that. Actually really proud of the boys.

JoyfulPenguin

Disappointed that we weren't really pushing for a winner at the end there, only Storm wanted to win it. Terrific performance especially from Lachie Wales, we will have to fight to keep him at the end of this season. Skapetis did well and his touches were assured and should have had a penalty, personally would have preferred to see him put on for Powell and play at 9 immediately.

Forum Phoenix

We should have won. Deserved to. A lot of great performances out there tonight, listening to the commentators saying again and again how off Brillante and Brandon were. NO, the we’re smitten down by the glory of TOM! ALL SHALL BOW!

That said Baro was just immense. He should have won us a pen and all.

Agree with Gratis on Skapetis. He should be starting. You can see his sharpness. Lot to like in that debut.

DDS looked out of sorts o thought - but then almost hit a killer ball to Skapetis.

Next week, Wales must start, and so must DDS. So Appiah has to be dropped. Play hoole left. Wales right, Skapetis upfront and watch us start to score.

TedShot

I missed all but the last twenty of the game, but saw some of the first half highlights online. Was the rest of Wales game prem league quality or something for everyone to be saying he was excellent? That tap in was absolutely shithouse. I know shit happens but certainly expect better from a professional football player. His job is to put it in.

Ancient Mariner

I don't understand how Appiah keeps getting game time. Does he have photos of Okon in drag snorting coke off Arnold's naked arse or something that he's blackmailing Okon with? He is not HAL standard. He isn't even NPL standard.

Absolutely over the top disgusting garbage comments. Expect better on this forum.

Apart from the baseness of your language I totally disagree with your judgement.

Appiah ripped them apart and terrorised Wilko. We would have looked half as good without him.

Atrocious finishing agreed, but he has something you cannot teach, balance, pace and the ability to run at and beat players.

Hopefully finishing can be taught.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred