• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 17 - Sydney away

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2017/18 | Round 17
Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners

Allianz Stadium, Moore Park Sydney
Saturday 20 January 2018, kickoff 7:50pm

TV: Fox Sports 501
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials
Referee: Daniel Elder
Assistants: Owen Goldrick & Greg Taylor
4O: Stephen Lucas; VAR: Craig Zetter

z8RD5Ee.png

SYD: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (Gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jordy BUIJS, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.BOBÔ, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Adrian MIERZEJEWSKI, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 17.David CARNEY, 18.Matt SIMON, 19.Chris ZUVELA, 21.Charles LOKOLINGOY, 26.Luke WILKSHIRE, 30.Thomas HEWARD-BELLE (Gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 7. Michael ZULLO (returns from illness), 21.Charles Lokolingoy (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 23.Rhyan GRANT (knee – indefinite)

v1hai6G.png

CCM: Central Coast Mariners Squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 10.Danny De SILVA, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16.Liam ROSE, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Wout BRAMA, 24.Lachlan WALES, 27.Peter SKAPETIS
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Josh ROSE (return from suspension), 7.Andrew HOOLE (return from suspension), 10.Danny De SILVA (return from international duty), 23.Wout BRAMA (return from injury), 27.Peter SKAPETIS (new signing)
Outs: 9.ASDRUBAL (departed club), 17.Josh BINGHAM (omitted), 25.Peter KEKERIS (omitted)
N/A: 11.Connor PAIN (hamstring)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Sydney FC (Hyundai A-League)
Played 38 / CCM 12 / SYD 18 / Draws 4
Goals Scored 53 / Goals Conceded 85

CCM at Allianz (all matches):

Played 23 / Won 7 / Lost 13 / Drawn 3

Biggest Win: 7-2 at Gosford, 2012/13 R5
Biggest Loss: 0-4 at Gosford, 2016/17 R2

Last Met:
2017/18 Round 6
CCM 2 SYD 0 at Gosford

Form (A-League)

SYD - W W D W D
CCM - L D D L D​

Last edited:

Tevor

I'm scared about this game, I don't think we are in any shape to take on the revenge they will have for the early loss this season and to compound things they had a bad game against AU. Don't see this team having two bad games in a row. We need to turn up again and for a full 90 mins or it will be a flogging. Adrian didn't play in the game we won from recollection and now he is fit and firing. Okon needs to let the players recover this week so they have the energy required for this game, if we fade like last night again they will come home very strong and destroy us. Wish I could be more positive about this game however we haven't had a win in something like 7 games.

Big Al

Oh no Timmah. To early still sore about yesterday.

Arse kicking coming. Arnie will be showing them us celebrating after the win.

Surely no Tom and our spare parts this won’t be pretty.

On the bright side we have Rose and Hoole back:doh:

Timmah

Oh no Timmah. To early still sore about yesterday.

Arse kicking coming. Arnie will be showing them us celebrating after the win.

Surely no Tom and our spare parts this won’t be pretty.

On the bright side we have Rose and Hoole back:doh:
For some reason I had it in my head it was a Friday game but I'd already started constructing the thing by that stage. I'm not used to us being the 7:50pm showpiece game lol

Pirate Pete

We could jag another draw.
I think we could too.
I somehow don't think that's what Arnie's writing on the board though.

"I kept saying to them this week that we will win 6-0. It's about believing it," Arnold said. "I wrote it on the board. Go and have a look at the board. I wrote on the board 6-0."

Wombat

Yes. Your house sounds more fun.:unsure:

I'd hate to be the person that turns up to the wrong house!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I reckon the podcast boys have the right approach. Watch the best team in the league. Don't even bother caring about the result :p

I can see us playing well for the most part and even sticking it to them at times - heck, we may even have the first few real balls into the box (but do absolutely nothing with it because our players are apparently terrified of scoring), but SFC will know how to poke and prod and open up holes in our defence, and we'll get frustrated and just collapse in the last half an hour

Big Al

Also Sydney don’t conceed as much. They try to play some football so won’t be 5 at the back like Perth and City.

The fact some teams conceed and back off doesn’t help the style.

I think Sydney were surprised last time but some of the clips used by fox to show how to get through Sydney show we used intelligence not luck to beat them

nebakke

For mine, our biggest struggles lately, have been against team that compact defensively... Essentially, the way I see it, our defence is decent, but will still leak a bit against a decent attack - so if we are to win games, we need to score more than one goal each game - even if that is an improvement over December.
Adelaide and Perth caused us problems because the technical abilities of the guys up front, weren't enough to get them into positions that they really couldn't miss... Almost... I figure we beat Sydney because they do tend towards a more open and attacking style... It lends itself to potentially high scoring results for them, but it also leaves our end with a lot more room to move obviously.
But that still requires the dutchies to come back, and I'm not-so-sure about that... In the meantime, I worry that Arnie will compact because we clearly wouldn't cope, but we'll see.. In theory I agree with Wombat though - we should be a chance of a tie here...

Gratis

We've gone considerably backwards since we played them last. Brace yourselves Mariners, this is going to sting a little, probably a lot.

I'm about out of optimism for our games frankly. It's been little other than hair tearing and heartache since the grand final in 2013.
It's 2018.
Soon to be half a decade of wandering the desert with little water and no end in sight.

I think I'd have been fine if I didn't see the the mirage of false hope when we beat Sydney then did Wellington 4-1. To think you're maybe back to find out, no, your really not, makes it much harder to maintain the hope that good times are only over the next dune.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred