• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 17 - Sydney away

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO, the smurfs had the trots all week , Arnie has finally given them the shits....i know it isnt, but it sounds like a piss weak excuse for losing the smurf mojo, maybe Arnie should of just shut up

Timmah

DT-19GZVoAA4Poh.jpg:large

...and people wonder why fans of smaller clubs think Fox commentators cheerlead for SFC.

TedShot

Arnies genius tactic of spending the cap on the 11 and not worrying for depth is an issue. Having said that, if they had gastro and arnie knew before the game, make a f**ken sub earlier. did they have the same last week against adelaide? To me it looks like an old team with no depth and it is finally catching up to them. was just browsing their fan forum (terrible btw), fans are getting very worried about their team during ACL, would have to agree.

Also, just watched the game, have to agree with Big Al... wales was ordinary. I like the kid, think he is extremely talented, but he had just as many poor passes as Appiah and everyone is tearing him to shreds for his thinking process. Hoole also missed an obvious through ball in the 1st half that would have put powell away, instead he chose to shoot. Classic Hoole.He shouldn't expect service when he gives very little himself. Im glad he didnt get the service from appiah, because he f**ken wasted it in the first half when appiah slipped it to him, all he needed to do was one touch and he couldnt, then he fouled and gave it away. I like appiah, think he was dominant down his side, he wins the ball, he had some good and some bad crosses. overall though I wouldnt want to lose him. without his pace and awareness we dont have that first and only goal.

finally retired

Arnies genius tactic of spending the cap on the 11 and not worrying for depth is an issue. Having said that, if they had gastro and arnie knew before the game, make a f**ken sub earlier. did they have the same last week against adelaide? To me it looks like an old team with no depth and it is finally catching up to them. was just browsing their fan forum (terrible btw), fans are getting very worried about their team during ACL, would have to agree.

Also, just watched the game, have to agree with Big Al... wales was ordinary. I like the kid, think he is extremely talented, but he had just as many poor passes as Appiah and everyone is tearing him to shreds for his thinking process. Hoole also missed an obvious through ball in the 1st half that would have put powell away, instead he chose to shoot. Classic Hoole.He shouldn't expect service when he gives very little himself. Im glad he didnt get the service from appiah, because he f**ken wasted it in the first half when appiah slipped it to him, all he needed to do was one touch and he couldnt, then he fouled and gave it away. I like appiah, think he was dominant down his side, he wins the ball, he had some good and some bad crosses. overall though I wouldnt want to lose him. without his pace and awareness we dont have that first and only goal.

we are in the minority on this forum...but I agree totally regarding Hoole and Appiah.....I'd rather Appiah any day.

scottmac

Suspended
Classic Hoole.He shouldn't expect service when he gives very little himself.
This is quite funny. Your talking about the guy that's 4th on the list for chances created in the Aleague and 3rd on the list for crossed balls into the area??? o_Oo_Oo_O
He does more than any other attacker we have to get the ball in the net and win us games. Yep hes selfish at times but he is creating chances.

Reactions: adz

TedShot

This is quite funny. Your talking about the guy that's 4th on the list for chances created in the Aleague and 3rd on the list for crossed balls into the area??? o_Oo_Oo_O
He does more than any other attacker we have to get the ball in the net and win us games. Yep hes selfish at times but he is creating chances.
sure am, ¯\_ツ_/¯

stats are fun though:

Andrew Hoole is ranked equal 11th for assists (3)
equal 2nd for poor discipline

in terms of doing more than anyone else to put the ball in the back of the net, he has played a total of 1,235 minutes this season for a total of 2 goals. Powell has played a total of 458 minutes for 3 goals

I also said he gives very little, in terms of times he gave service over total opportunity to provide service, it would be very little. he is good at getting in the right position and having the ball, which i guess is what I find most frustrating, its all great that he is up there on those lists, but for me he has missed plenty of chances to give valuable service instead of just a shitty low cross that ends up at nothing.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
He is better at causing havoc and winning back the ball. At the end of the day no one in the team can cross. And when they do it’s to no one. Overall if I could vote my own posts a meh I would.
Agreed. He is much better at causing havoc just wish it was the cheering kind of havoc rather than the forehead slapping kind

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

Sick of Arnie still going on about how Brilliante and O'Neil were suffering through the week with a stomach bug.

The truth was that they were shitting themselves coming up against CCM again.

NoDiggity

Sick of Arnie still going on about how Brilliante and O'Neil were suffering through the week with a stomach bug.

The truth was that they were shitting themselves coming up against CCM again.
Fox sports commentators have bought it up about 5 times now as if it's FACT. Flogs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami