• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 - CCM v Nix @ Gosford - NYE

Big Al

As per Wombats line up

No Trent on bench. Won’t see him for a while with the under 23’s thing but has been ordinary

Pirate Pete

Can the nix handle the humidity tonight? Will be a shock to them.

We won’t be able to press all night either
Not that humid anymore. Winds picking up so they'll be used to that.
I presume three keepers warm up in case one gets injured warming up

Gratis

If we win enjoy it - it'll be our last for a few weeks.
I can't watch tonight and don't know if I can get to a replay

Timmah

Disappointing half in all, glad we're not yet behind.

Great to see YA get the Stop the Rot banner up during the half

Forum Phoenix

Poor half in attack and we owe Kennedy a debt in defence. Only luck that we're not down. Lions share of possession but Wellington with all the shots... tells a similar story really.

I like McGing playing percentage football and winning us corners, just wish we had someone who looked like scoring from them.

Hoping for a game of two halves and we see a stronger performance next half.

Holy

Very frustrating 1st half. We are very static with little intensity.

If we were playing Syd FC we'd be 4-0 down, so thank god Wellington are off their game too.

Cmon boys, big second half!

JoyfulPenguin

Turned on at the 23rd minute as I didn't realise the time, we have been sluggish and moving the ball far too slowly. If we continue like this Wellington will easily beat us.

Timmah

Tempo much better in the second half but by gosh we're awful in front of goal. Where did our ability to score disappear to?

Forum Phoenix

Well... much much better second half. But we cannot score. Final ball, smarts in the box and a deadly striker all missing.

Shame.

Happy New Years CCM fans family. Tomorrow is a new year, new signings, new fortunes me hopes.

Best FP

scottmac

Suspended
Tempo much better in the second half but by gosh we're awful in front of goal. Where did our ability to score disappear to?
Did we ever have an ability to score? That was hard to watch. No ability to get shots on goal at all. I think the first half we had 60% of the ball and they had 14 shots to our 2.
We've got a signing announcement tomorrow apparently. Australian player to make up for missing 3 at the olyroos tournie.
Appiah gets to the box brilliantly but has nothing as a final ball or shot. Disappointing cause if he did he'd be great.
Our set piece delivery is really lacking. 4 different corner takers in 4 corners after Hoole went off and none worthy of the spot. Neither is Hoole for that matter. I dont think ive ever seen us turn over so much ball without pressure. Just fundamental stuff. The system is working in regards to getting into good positions but not for delivering shots on goal or any type of shot really.

Last edited:

nebakke

*sigh* the new player talk sounded good though - until they said Australian - can't think of anyone unsigned right now who could fix this mess of an attack.
Then again, I also don't think attack would be an issue this season so that shows what i know.
Anyway, Happy New Year everyone, may it be an awesome one!

Timmah

Did we ever have an ability to score? That was hard to watch. No ability to get shots on goal at all. I think the first half we had 60% of the ball and they had 14 shots to our 2.
We've got a signing announcement tomorrow apparently. Australian player to make up for missing 3 at the olyroos tournie.
We beat this mob 4-1 just a month or so ago. I get shit is ordinary right now but don't pretend half the season didn't happen.

true believer

Im glad i only had to listen to that
As i probably would of had to gouge out my eye's .
Whats tim cahill doing ? F'k ! Anything

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred