• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 - CCM v Nix @ Gosford - NYE

Tevor

I’m sure he has someone in mind already, hope we sign them nice and early and not late Jan.

Big Al

Interesting. Who will we bring in a CF or a CB?
I’d say CB and then Golec can play LB. early in the season didn’t he say we needed one?

A winger like Leroy George would also go along way. Someone like that might be able to unlock Asdrubal

Forum Phoenix

January has to be a striker not a CB.

Baro, Golec, have been terrific imo. Rowles and L Rose both keen for game time and look like solid cover here I think. So defensively we’re doing well.

In attack, Adsrubal and Powell have not been horrible individually but they’re still a long way from performing as well comparably as Baro and Golec.

Cover upfront... Bingham? well Paolo prefers what was our second string right winger to him... and TB is being used as a winger.

So a new Striker to bring in a new year please.

Last edited:

pjennings

We are on track to concede less than 40. (amazing after the first game). Only four teams did that last season. Unfortunately we are on track to score less than we did last season. It has to be a striker. With the possession and the field possession we have and the less porous nature of our defence we should be drawing rather than losing and winning rather drawing.

With the right player we still have plenty of points to play for to finish well up the ladder.

Wombat

Baro, Golec, have been terrific imo. Rowles and L Rose both keen for game time and look like solid cover here I think. So defensively we’re doing well.

In attack, Adsrubal and Powell have not been horrible individually but they’re still a long way from performing as well comparably as Baro and Golec.

Cover upfront... Bingham? well Paolo prefers what was our second string right winger to him... and TB is being used as a winger.

So a new Striker to bring a new year please.

Golec has been decent but far from terrific. Abrubal looks the goods but doesn't look chock full of goals.
Interesting times

Ozhammer

So a new Striker to bring a new year please.

I think we need a genuine left winger as our strikers remain starved of proper service at the moment. As Tevor mentioned elsewhere in this thread, someone in the mould of Leroy George or Adrian Meirzejewski would do nicely.

Hoping the importance of this game has been fully drummed into the boys and they deliver the goods, without unnecessary VAR intervention.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Golec has been decent but far from terrific. Abrubal looks the goods but doesn't look chock full of goals.
Interesting times

Golec has made me a believer - defends hard but mostly fair and is a good passer and also picks good moments to carry the ball forward himself. I’m turning into a bit of fan boy of his tbh.

Forum Phoenix

I think we need a genuine left winger as our strikers remain starved of proper service at the moment. As Tevor mentioned elsewhere in this thread, someone in the mould of Leroy George or Adrian Meirzejewski would do nicely.

Hoping the importance of this game has been fully drummed into the boys and they deliver the goods, without unnecessary VAR intervention.

I’d like another intelligent left winger but suspect Paolo is reasonably happy with Pain. I don’t think he’s a bad player mind - but I think his lack of game time at MV was not good for developing a young player and I don’t think he’s making much of an impact in games at present, but his best years are hopefully still in front of him.

That said. I think like PJ said we have a lot of good field position and have still been putting in enough balls to score a lot more goals than we have, so I’m still wanting a striker.

Last edited:

LFCMariners

The weather looks ominous and I don't (yet) know my plans for NYE. It's typical these days to not know how I'm seeing out the year BUT-

I back up Gus's sentiment when I say I feel indifferent about tonight. True, it's the Nix and (alongside Oil Classico Melbourne) I can't think of a team I care less about in this plastic 10 team league as it is. It could be partly that, partly the bad aftertaste of the WSW game last fortnight and a fair bit to do with the shambles the game has become these past couple of months. The whole Danny Da Silva situation is just the latest screw-around. Doesn't seem to just be me or other CCM fans tuning out, as the league-wide crowd/ viewing figures indicate. Even a virtually undefeated SFC and a resurgent Jest are underwhelming in their attendances. The unusual thing is I'm glad the latter have been doing well, otherwise I'd be finding it hard to give a shit about Tuesday weeks' F3D. I feel the old anticipation for that one and I'm looking forward to lending full voice (and flag waving capability) to our away support. Aside from that, care factor is the lowest I can remember it...

I think tonight CCM get the 3points- as they should- but it won't be a walkover. I reckon a 1 or 2-0 win. Remember the match against the Glory at the start of the month and how long it took to put them away with a single deflected shot? I reckon we're in for more of that tonight.

Go team and all that....

Forum Phoenix

We were royally screwed over at WSW and on balance til then we’d been playing a lot fantastic fotball that was really enjoyable to watch.

After 3 years of dross we finally look like we we’re coming together in an exciting way, to then backslide and cop such horrendous injustices, it’s no wonder at all peopl feel so shit and despondent.

But chin up, okons right, they are doing a lot right, and there’s a lot of good football in this team if we can just keep our best players on the park, I’m sure we’re going to see some more cracking football and a rise back up the table.

Personally still tipping us as top four.

Timmah

Genuinely feel as though not having Wout & Tommy H bossing the middle is where we've gone amiss the last 3 games in terms of getting a result.

Tonight = 3 points.

Ancient Mariner

Although he is picked in that position Adrian Meirzejewski is not just a left winger he is a front third attacking machine who appears in any forward position to wreak havoc to opposition defences. Yes I would swap Hoole and/or Paine for him.

Our team could learn a lot from watching SFCs attack last night breaking down a defence. Lots of great runs, but more importantly those runs were picked up by the player in possession and rewarded.

Big Al

Although he is picked in that position Adrian Meirzejewski is not just a left winger he is a front third attacking machine who appears in any forward position to wreak havoc to opposition defences. Yes I would swap Hoole and/or Paine for him.

Our team could learn a lot from watching SFCs attack last night breaking down a defence. Lots of great runs, but more importantly those runs were picked up by the player in possession and rewarded.
He was even better as the conductor when Ninkovic went off. They went from 1st gear right through to full throttle in the 2nd half and perth just stood and watched. However Paulo has his faith and probably money in Hoole so a left winger in the Leroy George mould for me

Big Al

Can the nix handle the humidity tonight? Will be a shock to them.

We won’t be able to press all night either

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred