• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 - CCM v Nix @ Gosford - NYE

Ancient Mariner

We can dream all we like but the reality is likely to be very different. I spoke to a senior club person after tonight’s game to express my concern about the need for fresh faces and was told there was little or no money available, so don’t go thinking any big names will be coming through the door in January.
Maybe it is time to let a couple go, so there is some money available.

Pirate Pete

The crowd figure was bullshit btw Pirate and Scotty!!!:mad:
Yes I know. Looking at the number there I would have put it about 12K.
Quite surprised really after so many people I spoke to said they weren't going.
However I did spot a couple of families I know. One of which the Dad told me they'd never be going again.

I'd have to say a lot of them seemed to be there for the hell of it with their mates.
Unfortunately I didn't get the feeling they'd be back anytime soon.

Oh yes, Happy New Year everyone. It can only get better....... can't it?

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Djitte would be an excellent signing for us. Better than what we have. I thought Adsrubal worked hard last night and had decent movement (about the only one) but I’m still not convinced he’ll ever get much joy against Aussie CB’s.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
what a load of dire crap...where are the blokes that clobbered the Smurfs?, once again too much dilly dallying around and no decisive action in the goal mouth, Paulo cant possibly be happy just to win the possession stat, although that appears to be the case..... tell you what , two of the best corners I've seen in yonks occurred when Hoole was subbed , DDS put the damn thing right were it should of been landing for years, sadly the only thing Powelly kicked was the head of the Kiwi keeper....Astroboy ran his little legs off, still think him and Powelly should be on at the same time, might fire things up, ye, were a Looooong way from the Smurf smashing and sliding in a negative direction ....sadly

Ozhammer

So What the hell is okon doung

So What the hell is okon doing about it? Why arent players fighting for their spot?

I made that same point earlier in this thread, there are supposed to be players on the park playing for their contracts but it certainly doesn’t look like it to me.

I think the real problem is the Okon doesn’t have the bottle to hold individuals to account, well certainly not the supposed ‘better’ players.

There is only one way the team is headed based on its recent performances and I am not looking forward to our trip to Geelong next weekend one little bit. :headbutt:

Woollybutt

I hope it's a striker coming in. Asdrubal is a good footballer but not a good striker, and for me his positioning just isn't good enough (EG, Pain's brain explosion when he crossed rather than shot in the first half - Pain should have shot but Asdrubal should have been in a position to at least fight for it or follow in a deflection, rather than flatfooted on the edge of the box). I think he could do a job at number ten or out wide in January with De Silva and Buhagiar gone, and I think he'd fill the De Silva-shaped void better than Hoole can.

Big Al

When i looked at the bench last night i was concerned there wasn’t much there.

When i saw Roux coming on i was why? Rowles had done well. But Roux did a good job of injecting some life into the team.
Appiah did the same.

Not sure what happened on the Appiah run where he went through the hole team as was down the far end to me but shoot Fckn.

Big Al

I hope it's a striker coming in. Asdrubal is a good footballer but not a good striker, and for me his positioning just isn't good enough (EG, Pain's brain explosion when he crossed rather than shot in the first half - Pain should have shot but Asdrubal should have been in a position to at least fight for it or follow in a deflection, rather than flatfooted on the edge of the box). I think he could do a job at number ten or out wide in January with De Silva and Buhagiar gone, and I think he'd fill the De Silva-shaped void better than Hoole can.
Yeah i saw Asdrubal put one or two nice passes through and he does have a nice touch. I’d like to see him switch to the wing when Powell comes on bit doubt it

Ancient Mariner

I made that same point earlier in this thread, there are supposed to be players on the park playing for their contracts but it certainly doesn’t look like it to me.

I think the real problem is the Okon doesn’t have the bottle to hold individuals to account, well certainly not the supposed ‘better’ players.

There is only one way the team is headed based on its recent performances and I am not looking forward to our trip to Geelong next weekend one little bit. :headbutt:

That is all vey well but you have to have players pressuring those there.

Who on the bench apart from Appiah (who is really only effective off the bench) are applying enough pressures get a run?
A few have been given a chance but not taken it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

1 shot on goal

God those stats are a worry. 1 Shot on goal.
How, in 90 minutes, do you only get 1 shot on goal??

That's reminiscent of the Walmsely days :(

65 % possession, 7 shots, 1 on target.
Cellar-dwelling opponent with 35% possession, 16 shots, 6 on target.

Those are some damning figures.

I'm tired of this. I'm just so tired of this. We've been dealing with this shit for years now. We used to have one of the fullest trophy cabinets in the league - heck, we still have a good history - but we've just been making up the numbers for years.

And we started off as a club that did great things with a low budget, and we maintained that for a long time. Then we slowly became a club that did crap things with a low budget.

VicMariner

It was supposed to end with the new TV deal was it not? What happened? Where is the light at the end of the tunnel now?

adz

Staff member
It was supposed to end with the new TV deal was it not? What happened? Where is the light at the end of the tunnel now?

Yep all this talk leading up to the deal about how it will cover all the clubs salary caps... then the last I heard the clubs were arguing to get more money but there really wasn't that much to go around anyway.

shipwreck

It's pretty simple actually, the other clubs had the same constraints in the first few years of the Aleague but have since had enough time and more resourced to figure out exactly how to maximise success over a long period of time.
Since then we have slipped further and further behind.

Reactions: adz

Gratis

I'm tired of this. I'm just so tired of this. We've been dealing with this shit for years now. We used to have one of the fullest trophy cabinets in the league - heck, we still have a good history - but we've just been making up the numbers for years.

And we started off as a club that did great things with a low budget, and we maintained that for a long time. Then we slowly became a club that did crap things with a low budget.
I'm getting the same way.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's pretty simple actually, the other clubs had the same constraints in the first few years of the Aleague but have since had enough time and more resourced to figure out exactly how to maximise success over a long period of time.
Since then we have slipped further and further behind.
Even fkng jets have figured it out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami