• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 - CCM v Nix @ Gosford - NYE

Timmah

I'm not sure we would have won any of the games even with a full contingent so failed experiment is a stretch.
Failed experiment is mostly in relation to the Adelaide game.

Either way that's a very speculative thing to say - with a full contigent against City at least my gut feel is we would've won that game. WSW who knows, Adelaide definitely

sydmariner

12k? I think you're dreaming mate.
I've got some jousting sticks for sale if you're interested.
Free entry fo kid's
How to Bring your KIDS FOR FREE on New Year's Eve!
The Summer Football Festival has arrived on the Central Coast and we want everyone to join. That's why KIDS GO FREE for our New Year's Eve Showdown against Wellington Phoenix!

Kids GO FREE with the purchase of any adult ticket. For every adult ticket purchased you can redeem up to FOUR FREE kids tickets!

To redeem, it's this simple:

1. Click here: http://bit.ly/2oqv2Xw
  2. Click 'Get Tickets'
  3. Select ticket category
  4. Click 'Adult plus 1 Free Junior'
  5. SPREAD THE WORD!
Don't forget, on New Year's Eve there will be fireworks on and off the pitch in Gosford. Fireworks on the waterfront will commence at 9:15pm

Match Details
Sunday, 31 December 2017
Hyundai A-League Round 13
Match: Central Coast Mariners vs. Wellington Phoenix FC
Venue: Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Kick-off: 7:00pm (AEDT)
Tickets: CLICK HERE
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA 501
Hash-tag: Join the match conversation using #CCMvWEL & #CCMFC

scottmac

Suspended
Happy to have a wager on this one Pirate?

What figure do you recckon? I'll stick with 12k.

What you want bet........ beer? Massage voucher? Rolex?
Taking into account the free kids deal you might not be far off. Forgot about that. I'll stick with under 10k. 9300 for me. If we're lucky.

Pirate Pete

Happy to have a wager on this one Pirate?

What figure do you recckon? I'll stick with 12k.

What you want bet........ beer? Massage voucher? Rolex?

Not really a betting man, but happily give you a 20% discount off the asking price of the jousting sticks.

Over 12K and I'll give the Salvos $10 next time they're in the shopping centre collecting.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, the crowd should be okee dokee methinks , Mrs Recky and moi are bringing the future son in law and his progenators , expect to see us Wombat, well be close by....as for the score, f**k knows , if we play like we did in Snowtown it will be a draw ....if we play like we did in Nu Zelland well get 4 ...cleared that up didnt I
COYY

Ozhammer

Wout back so do we go back to our previous formation or keep same formation and drop Hoole to the bench? I say bench Hoole and stick to 433

What about McGing? Storm wasn’t bad and actually defended. I say stick with storm

I also think Rowles should be in for Rose.

What about Powell and Asdrubal? I would start Asdrubal

Hoole can sit next to that other workshy phoney Pain on the bench for mine.

Whilst Roux went okay, we lost what McGing has been brining from his positive forward play, so for me, he should come back in.

I would be happy to see Rowles back in the team too, with Rosey on the bench as back up.

Can’t see Okon ever starting Powell and Asdrubal together tbh, although that may be something for him to think about if we lose DDS to the Olyroos. Btw, does anyone know what is happening with regard to the legal action launched by the club on this?

I will say an early HNY fellow forum users, hopefully we will all have a smug satisfied smile on our faces after the game and the only fireworks are the ones over Brisbane Water this time!

bikinigirl

. i hope the guys ... all of them ... front up with a burning intensity, something like we saw against Sydney

. i remember thinking at the time - 'why can't they play with this intensity all the time?' ... the answer came the following week when they were still physically and emotionally rooted

. my hope was that every week since the levels of sustained intensity gradually increased so that it could be maintained for the full 90+ every week. unfortunately i haven't seen much evidence of this. injuries and suspensions are only an excuse in my view

. physical or mental ... i can't tell whether it is the coaching, the players or both

Big Al

. i hope the guys ... all of them ... front up with a burning intensity, something like we saw against Sydney

. i remember thinking at the time - 'why can't they play with this intensity all the time?' ... the answer came the following week when they were still physically and emotionally rooted

. my hope was that every week since the levels of sustained intensity gradually increased so that it could be maintained for the full 90+ every week. unfortunately i haven't seen much evidence of this. injuries and suspensions are only an excuse in my view

. physical or mental ... i can't tell whether it is the coaching, the players or both
The heat as well. You can’t play like we did against SFC in the middle of summer and training during the day at Tuggerah would also be sapping. However it is a summer league.

Also the AU game started with that confidence and then AU took them apart. They were wow we had no answers.

This team is still fragile mentally. Haven’t put 3 (a sign of consistency) really good games together. The injuries and suspension have compounded that. We have lost our grove over last 3 weeks when the nix game may have given false hope

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, it's rough when you see us play good enough to take it to anybody, then for the next few weeks just having no intensity whatsoever, no mongrel. Really disheartening to see. Losing Tom H shouldn't destroy our team, I can't just put i down to his absence. We needed players like Hoole to really step it up - and he started the season strong, but he's just gone backwards. Surely the influence of Tom H isn't so strong that players like Hoole are completely lost without his presence?

I don't know what else it is. And maybe it is aspects of the coaching that we can't see, I don't know.

Frustrating to see Jets go from crap to awesome in a season, whereas we haven't even really managed to go from crap to mediocre across a number of seasons. We thought we had come good....but no.

Personally I think I'm at the lowest point I've ever been as a fan. I just don't think I care anymore. We lost last week, I just shrugged my shoulders and turned off, didn't even have the energy to come on here. NYE match, I don't think I'll have the chance to watch it but I barely care. I still keep watching, moreso out of loyalty than anything. I think the emotional investment is just gone right now (and yeah, the WSW match probably helped tip the scales there)

On a side note, how great is it with McGing - not long ago he was copping a lot of heavy criticism on here. Now, everybody is all like 'man, we really missed him....'. I've sure eaten my words, but god, it's so amazing when somebody manages to come good, isn't it?

Are we still spending THAT much less than other teams on our squad?

shipwreck

Really good post and sums up my feelings perfectly.

Anyone else think Nathan Burns would have been a good buy, the Nix just got him.

Anyone thinking Merrick would have been a good buy?

Just playing devils advocate to get some discussion going coz there is nothing else to talk about in this boring league.

JoyfulPenguin

Really good post and sums up my feelings perfectly.

Anyone else think Nathan Burns would have been a good buy, the Nix just got him.

Anyone thinking Merrick would have been a good buy?

Just playing devils advocate to get some discussion going coz there is nothing else to talk about in this boring league.
Burns would have been great and suited Okon's style very well, Merrick on the other hand I don't think would have been a great signing. Long term with the way he handles youth development it wouldn't have been beneficial and plus he wasn't on the market when we were looking for a coach.

JoyfulPenguin

Some comments from Paolo's press conference yesterday:
Paul Okon

On current form…

“We don’t feel that we’re doing too much wrong. We know we need to be more threatening in the final third. The fact we haven’t scored in three games is evidence of that.

“We’re ticking a lot of boxes, we’re doing a lot of things right. It’s just being more ruthless, being a bit more brave and being more ruthless.”

On New Year’s Eve…

“It would be great to end what we feel has been quite a successful year in terms of where we started and where we are now, and hopefully we can perform and score some goals.”

On January signings…

“We don’t want to bring someone in just for the sake of it.

“We’re quite confident that whoever we bring in – and we will bring at least a player in – will add to the group.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred