• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 13 - CCM v Nix @ Gosford - NYE

JoyfulPenguin

According to Shaun at the start of the season we are paying the full cap this year with potential to spend more, so we should be more than capable of competing.

Big Al

According to Shaun at the start of the season we are paying the full cap this year with potential to spend more, so we should be more than capable of competing.
We are competing. The thrashings have stopped but the winning hasn’t started.
We are now competitive but predictable and with a goal scoring problem all of sudden.
It happens

We scored first in almost every game in the first round. Had we turned those into wins it would all be ok but we blew it and threw away at least 3 games.

Our problems are predictability. We have been worked out and hence lack attacking thrust which was never brilliant in the first place.

I wonder if people are more frustrated because they know we have a good team but they aren’t playing well enough consistently

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Holy crap...so, the CCM fb page just posted a clip of Kennedy's saves.
But what the actual f***....that defence. Even just from that clip, absolutely disgraceful. If we had any depth it looks like that entire defensive line should be earning their next paycheck scooping leaves out of pools. Not marking, not paying attention to the ball, flat footed, no energy, no hustle.....'oh, there's a guy there with the ball, guess he's about to shoot, I'll just sort of take a casual couple of steps in his direction and when he shoots, I'll turn away because I'm scared of the ball and pointlessly stick a leg out in a random direction. I saw that technique in an U/10F grade match, looked legit'.
Absolutely disgraceful. These so-called professional athletes should be disgusted with themselves.
People stuck working in fast food for minimum wage on NYE have more enthusiasm than that mob.

Why the hell should we bother if these overpaid prima donnas can't be bothered?

Kennedy was majorly pissed off at his backline. Amazed he didn't deck one of them. I wouldn't have blamed him.

Ozhammer

We are competing. The thrashings have stopped but the winning hasn’t started.
We are now competitive but predictable and with a goal scoring problem all of sudden.
It happens

We scored first in almost every game in the first round. Had we turned those into wins it would all be ok but we blew it and threw away at least 3 games.

Our problems are predictability. We have been worked out and hence lack attacking thrust which was never brilliant in the first place.

I wonder if people are more frustrated because they know we have a good team but they aren’t playing well enough consistently
Not sure our team is as competitive as people are suggesting tbh. Watching the WSW v MCY Game last night, it struck me just how much more composed their players were on the ball and how much more fluent their play was in general.

We are presently a long way from being good enough in either area imo. How much of that is down to individual abilities or the coaching methods is the real question.

shipwreck

Not sure our team is as competitive as people are suggesting tbh. Watching the WSW v MCY Game last night, it struck me just how much more composed their players were on the ball and how much more fluent their play was in general.

We are presently a long way from being good enough in either area imo. How much of that is down to individual abilities or the coaching methods is the real question.

Agree. It's been a while since we were described as "easy to watch" by other supporters or commentators, I fear it's because we are one dimensional and have been figured out.

Wombat

WTF...I dont have time to read all that shit!!

Was Peppa f**king Pig more popular than us???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred