• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 - F3 Derby #42, Gosford

Rowdy

Can't help myself ...00:22am means:

FIRE THE FcUK-UP !!!
:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

- it's DERBY DAY
- Rnd :1
- & Fcuk.The.Scum !! :shoutclap:

right I'm off to bed because,
more sleeping means .... more drinking ;)
:cheers:

sydmariner

Can't help myself ...00:22am means:

FIRE THE FcUK-UP !!!
:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

- it's DERBY DAY
- Rnd :1
- & Fcuk.The.Scum !! :shoutclap:

right I'm off to bed because,
more sleeping means .... more drinking ;)
:cheers:
GAME DAY:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:
floot3.png

FTS

Psycho Chicken

It's the first match day morning of the new season and my head is about to explode with excitement! It's like my inner child has just discovered red cordial! It's a time to dream and hope. I hope we send the Jets back to Newcastle suffering a debilitating crisis of confidence and a crippling inferioty complex! Can't wait top kickoff!!!

Holy

Whats the shirt like? Nice look and feel, comfortable?
I'm very happy with it, it feels good on, I got a large, which is what size shirt I'd normally wear and it's not tight. With some previous ones, I had to get an XL due to small makes.

It's comfortable, its not like say a Nike dry fit, which have the pattern of little holes. Similar material make to other years.

I got to say I always liked the stripes rather than the solid yellow, so I'm pretty stoked with it

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh my god, so excited. Woke up and this was my first thought. More excited about this than Christmas.

Just added Fox Sports to my subscription in preparation. Foregoing a Reddit meetup in Melbourne to stay home and watch this.

Is it overstating things to say that this is a really important match for both teams? It's round 1 and will have minimal direct impact upon end of season ladder positions, but it's not about that.

And it's not just about the confidence for the players - it's hugely important for the fans too. Pretty much all of our hope from last season has been pent up pending today's game. Well, this season, but it all starts with today. Faith in Okon, faith in management - I feel like this is an important match for the fans. Great to see the club has been beating the drum, engaging social media, putting up the flags on the bridge, having the curtain-raiser. Really proud of our club.

I'm very happy with it, it feels good on, I got a large, which is what size shirt I'd normally wear and it's not tight. With some previous ones, I had to get an XL due to small makes.

It's comfortable, its not like say a Nike dry fit, which have the pattern of little holes. Similar material make to other years.

I got to say I always liked the stripes rather than the solid yellow, so I'm pretty stoked with it

How's the material compared to the first few seasons? Those shirts didn't breathe at all...

Rowdy

OKON WARY OF RONNY’S ROLE:

ImageResizer.jpg

Mariners coach Paul Okon has put his team on notice over Newcastle marquee man Ronny Vargas ahead of the F3 Derby on Saturday.

Striker Vargas joined the Jets last month from Greek side AEK Athens. The 30-year old has 22 caps for Venezuela and has spent most of his career playing in European in the Belgian, Turkish and Greek leagues.

Okon revealed he has watched Vargas’ career closely for years after the forward joined Club Brugge back in 2008. The forward scored 22 goals in 71 appearances in a three-year spell for the Blue-Blacks.

Okon had five successful years at Club Brugge in the 1990s where he won a number of individual and team trophies.

ImageResizer-1.jpg

The Central Coast boss is wary of what Vargas and the Jets other attackers could do in their A-League season opener.

"We've seen footage of Vargas and I know him personally because he started his European career at Club Brugge, so I've followed him and know what sort of a player he is," Okon said.

"If he does start, he's certainly a big threat and I'm sure he'll be a very, very important player for Newcastle this season. They're [the Jets] certainly very threatening in the final third. Andrew Nabbout had a good season last year.

"Obviously Roy [O'Donovan] leaving us and joining the Jets, Roy's a real threat in front of goal. We saw that over the past two seasons - he can score goals. Dimi Petratos is back in the A-League."

Okon said he and his team can't wait for the A-League season to start. The 45-year old plans to show some footage of past F3 derbies to the likes of Tom Hiariej, Wout Brama, Asdrubal and Alan Baro to prepare them for the contest.

"Everyone’s excited," he said.

"It’s traditionally a long pre-season and we’re at that point where everyone wants to kick that first ball. The fact it’s a derby just makes it extra special for us. We have spoken about it during the week.

"Most of those players are used to playing in derbies in their respective countries. On match day we used a little three minute video of some footage of previous derbies and what it means to the Mariners. We plan to do that tomorrow."

Okon confirmed that he has yet to let his team know who will be in goals in the frst game, with the competition between Tom Glover and Ben Kennedy.

"(Saturday) the players will find out," he said.

"We’re ready, we’ve pushed each other in pre-season, we’ve got competition for places, we’re really confident about where we sit leading into this game."

Rowdy

"Okon confirmed that he has yet to let his team know who will be in goals in the frst game, with the competition between Tom Glover and Ben Kennedy."

Paulo said on the podcast that the keeper who would start the season would get 90 minutes against Sydney FC in the pre-season game. Glover played that game, so I think he will start.

Apparently not.

As I said, Okon would be giving serious thought to Kennedy's
- experience in the A-League vs Glovers 'none'
- It's a F3 Derby
- as an ex-Scummer, BK knows what's really on the line & from a personal level could use the opportunity to shine/impress for both teams
.... so to speak ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred