• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 - F3 Derby #42, Gosford

Rowdy

With DDS not ready for 90mins and no Hoole need Berry or Powell on bench or both.

= Junior
.....was DDS's sub replacement in pre-season, wouldnt be surprised to see Hiriaj to even rotate with Jnr in there as well if need be .... with Jnr going to his natural DM of old.

Tommy showed some clever creative passing in the pre-season games and could easily cover the #10 position for a tired DDS going off.

Big Al

= Junior
.....was DDS's sub replacement in pre-season, wouldnt be surprised to see Hiriaj to even rotate with Jnr in there as well if need be .... with Jnr going to his natural DM of old.

Tommy showed some clever creative passing in the pre-season games and could easily cover the #10 position for a tired DDS going off.
The way the team is through injury L Rose would be first choice (sub) at the back.

Pretty sure Ashcroft is not one Paul likes and is only here because he had a contract. IMO

I don't like Rose as #10. Don't think he can handle it. However for this game it could be an option.

You still need a back (rose) and a mid (berry). Gives some options on the other two spots.

Deej

right back is a concern position for me this weekend, McGing for me isn't a fit there....id be tempted to see how someone like L Rose goes, young, versatile and has a good engine. Baro needs to be on that right side of central defence.

Rowdy

O'DONOVAN READY FOR F3 DERBY BOO BOYS:

ImageResizer.jpg

Newcastle striker Roy O'Donovan says it won't bother him at all if he cops any stick from Mariners fans when he takes on his old club in Round One.

O'Donovan spent two seasons with Central Coast, scoring 19 goals in 45 games, before joining the Jets in the off-season.

The 32-year-old will face his former club for the first time on Saturday, when Newcastle head south for the F3 Derby to start the new season, and he is looking forward to the challenge.

"I might get a bit of stick," the Irishman toldFourFourTwo.

"But it's all part of the flavour. If I'm going to get some stick then it means that I've done something right when I was playing at Gosford so it doesn't bother me in the slghtest. I'm going down there to impress - I want to win the football match for the team in blue.

"I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully there's a fairly big crowd in Gosford because it would be nice to have a little bit of spice in the F3 derby."

Ex-Jets Andrew Hoole and Ben Kennedy have also swapped clubs although the former is suspended for the weekend's clash.

"It definitely makes it interesting," O'Donovan said.

"It brings the level of intensity to a different level. It's an environment I'm looking forward to playing in and I can't wait till it kicks off. Pre-season has gone on forever so bring on the A-League."

O'Donovan was in demand at the end of last season with a number of A-League clubs interested in signing the former Sunderland forward.

He admits it was hard to leave the Mariners but the ambition of Newcaslte, and the lifestyle there, was an attractive choice.

"Lawrie sold us the dream of Newcastle," he said.

"It ticked a number of boxes for us regardling lifestyle, football and whatever else. I'm glad I made the decision. It's a lovely place to live. Of course it was a tough decision [to leave Central Coast].

"I'd been there for two years, I'd met a lot of good people there, I had a good rapport with the fans, I enjoyed my football there. But at the end day you have to make these decisions for your football, your ambition and your family.

"I had to go with which ticked more boxes and that was Newcastle to be quite honest. I had a good goals to game ratio when I was at the Mariners.

"It frustrated me at times because we weren't obviously as successful as I would have liked, and that had a big bearing on my decision at the end of the day.

"Some people will say you've come to Newcastle and they didn't have a great season last year, but they have a bigger budget this year and the bigger budget you have the better players you can bring in. That's certainly been the case so far.

"It's exciting times here, it's a good club. Everything's moving in the right direction."

Newcastle is bidding to end a long finals drought this season. The Jets, who claimed the wooden spoon in 2016/2017, have a new coach at the helm in Ernie Merrick.

O'Donovan believes the Jets have the squad to make the top six.

"We can definitely have a good season, we'll be looking at the top half of the table - there's no doubt about that," he said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I say we should 'give it to Roy' & in droves !!
...... the Scummers will be returning the favour to both Hooley & BK in full
..... So fcuk'em !!!

Last edited:

pjennings

right back is a concern position for me this weekend, McGing for me isn't a fit there....id be tempted to see how someone like L Rose goes, young, versatile and has a good engine. Baro needs to be on that right side of central defence.

Play Liam next to Wout and Tommy at RB. He has played about a third of his games at RB.

Rowdy

He was clearly 'gassed' when he came off in the game against the Nix at Pluim, all off of the back of Okon continually barking/dragging him back and forth from either dropping & sliding to pushing up to the half in anticipation of the next play of attack on the rhs.

He came off with a look on his face of "thank fcuk that is over ?#@!??" :oops:

Let's hope Jake settles in early & gets a decent job done in Storms absence.

nebakke

I say we keep entirely and altogether quiet when Roy's on the ball - except when he faffs it. .. show him he is dead to us!

Not that that's likely to happen buh still.

scottmac

Suspended
Freudian slip there from the snake? He wants to win the game for the team in blue? There'll be a team in blue but it won't be his. :overheadl::overheadl::overheadl:

Tevor

I say we keep entirely and altogether quiet when Roy's on the ball - except when he faffs it. .. show him he is dead to us!

Not that that's likely to happen buh still.
Sorry to disappoint you Roy as I will be more interested watching our new recruits then worrying about him. Have the feeling the Scum are going to turn up thinking this one is in the bag. It will be a good contest and probably the best for no less than 4 years.

Bring it on.

rbakersmith

DLbsTzUVoAAuPrr.jpg

Brilliant!

Rowdy

The club just put this sign up on the F3 for the Scummers to see driving down.

:vhappy:
- hats off to Shaun & Co

Loving that they used both Hooley & Kennedy ONLY
........ very smart by the club

Last edited:

Rowdy

Just finished doing a bit of prep work at the Stadium, lending a hand :grouphug: to PeterPrior,
Luke Boyce-Taylor & Josh Howe for tomorrow's 'Tifo'.

The guys have done an outstanding job on a massive painted 'stand-up' for the team walk-out, especially Pete - with it taking over his lounge room :eek:

Great banner that well & truly 'taking the piss' of the Scummers ........ & Lawrie ;)

Will just have to wait & see, so keep an eye out for it on the TV (hopefully Fox get a good shot of it) for those unfortunate not to be at the game.

Big Al

So what's the deal with Hoole's suspension?
I'm still worried about our back wings...
8th yellow last game of last season against us. He only played 10/20 minutes as well.

Wings are weak but better that than the middle. Don't have the cash to be flush all over I guess

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred