• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 - F3 Derby #42, Gosford

Timmah

I dare say Monty's not included because he's part of the football staff and would want to be helping prepare for the main game.

Also, an update on TV - those with FOX will find the game on 501 now instead of 505.

Reactions: adz

localpom

After seeming to take an eternity......the last few weeks have flown by. C'mon Mariners! A good start is vital after the last few years.

marinerbhoy

Haven't been this excited for Round 1 in a long time! Kudos to the club for heavily promoting this on social media. Shame about the FFA not coming to the party. What's the feeling on the coast? Big crowd expected?

Tevor

Haven't been this excited for Round 1 in a long time! Kudos to the club for heavily promoting this on social media. Shame about the FFA not coming to the party. What's the feeling on the coast? Big crowd expected?
Should be with both teams feeling more confident this season than in the past.

Deej

I'm excited for the new season, we should be much more competitive! Don't under estimate the Jets though this will be a tough opening game! Baro and Brama will be so important for us

sydmariner

Your guide to the #F3Derby

We’re kicking off the season with a blockbuster #F3Derby against the Newcastle Jets but there’s more than just football to get your excited for our first home game of the season. Kick-off is 5:35pm at Central Coast Stadium!

Have you purchased your tickets yet? CLICK HERE to book now!

• Gates Open: 3:45pm
  • Legends Challenge: 4:00pm
  • #F3Derby kick-off: 5:35pm

#CCMFC

✔@CCMariners

Tom is no stranger to a derby
1f4aa-1f3fd.png
He can’t wait to make his debut in the #F3Derby on Saturday night! Tix
1f3ab.png
http://bit.ly/2fiCjkt #ALeague

6:30 PM - Oct 3, 2017

Pre-Game Gathering at the Gosford Bowling Club (from 3pm)

All the action starts at 3pm with the Official Pre-Game Gathering. Thanks to the Six String Brewery and Central Coast Leagues Club you can head to the Gosford Bowling Club (entry via the Eastern Side of the Stadium).

Before heading into the stadium, you will be able to try the Coast’s best craft beer and grab an affordable pre-game meal with a BBQ in operation that has a menu starting from $3 which includes steak and sausage sandwiches. If you’re a Yellow Army Member, make sure you visit the boys from the Yellow Army to redeem an exclusive beverage offer!

Central Coast Leagues Club have also organised a jumping castle for the kids so make sure you bring the family along for Sunday afternoon football at Central Coast Stadium.

This is also your first chance to pick up our Match Day Program, The Loose Cannon!

Dane Drive comes alive (from 3pm)

We’re bringing Dane Drive alive this season with a DJ and activations to keep everyone entertained before you enter Central Coast Stadium. There will also be a giant inflatable dartboard that you can try your hand at.

dartboard.jpg

Come and have a kick at the inflatable dart board on Dane Drive
Legends Challenge (kicks off at 4pm)

As a curtain raiser to the #F3Derby on Saturday October 7 at Central Coast Stadium a team of former Central Coast Mariners stars will do battle against former players of the Newcastle Jets in the second ever, Legends Challenge.

Carrying on from last season’s inaugural Legends Challenge, the history of the #F3Derby will be celebrated when former greats of both sides will take the pitch for ultimate bragging rights. The Legends Challenge is proudly supporting Men of Football.

DK3E4MAV4AA-1Gv.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/CCMariners/status/913602808066088960
#CCMFC

✔@CCMariners

The #F3Derby Legends Challenge is BACK
1f3c6.png
See some of your favourite legends in action on Oct 7! Info
1f449-1f3fc.png
http://bit.ly/2fVqm59 #ALeague

You can WIN thanks to our Match Day Sponsor, Booth’s Motor Group!

The Central Coast Mariners are excited to announce that the support of Booth’s Motor Group will continue throughout the 2017/18 season. Booth’s are offering Mariners Members an exclusive offer on the purchase of a brand-new Hyundai.

On Saturday, Booth’s Motor Group will be running a ‘Shoot the Boot’ competition! On the day we will pick some lucky contestants to take part in the half time activation where one lucky winner will take home a $100 fuel voucher!

Family Photo & Families on the Field (After full time whistle)

DON’T FORGET! Join us post game to take part in the Family Photo with the new Central Coast Mariners squad in the north-west corner after our win in the #F3Derby.

After the Family Photo, we will invite you to join us for a kick on the field. When it’s safe, a siren will sound and all families will be able to join us on the pitch for a kick, so make sure you bring a ball!

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-04%20at%202.26.57%20PM.png

Join us for a Family Photo in the North West Corner
First home game for your new-look Mariners! They debut in the #F3Derby

How many of Paul Okon’s 11 new recruits will make their debut against their fierce rivals on Saturday night? Kick-off to the Hyundai A-League blockbuster is at 5:35pm.

After being starved of football for months, this should be enough to get your mouth-watering and fired up for our first home game!

DLPo0E4UIAAC5pR.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/915331177778515969
FOX SPORTS Football

✔@FOXFOOTBALL

How do you lure from La Liga, Eredivisie & Europa League to @CCMariners ?@davidweiner9 finds out from @paolojnrhttps://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/paul-okon-outlines-his-recruitment-to-rebuild-central-coast-mariners-this-season/news-story/c82f76b75b5d93f5bcf6268a430f9eab …

8:42 AM - Oct 4, 2017

Newcastle Permanent Western Warm Up Field

There’s nothing better on a match day than seeing the Newcastle Permanent Western Warm Up Field filled with kids kicking the ball around! We will have the Newcastle Permanent inflatable pitch set up for all the kids to enjoy FREE of charge.

Get kitted up in your new Umbro stripes and sashes!

Rebel are stocked up and ready to go for round one. We want to see plenty of our new striped kits in the crowd this season and you can pick yours up from the official merchandise shop located on the north eastern concourse and the western concourse.

Match Details
Saturday, 7 October 2017
Hyundai A-League Round 1
Match: Central Coast Mariners vs. Newcastle Jets
Venue: Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Tickets: CLICK HERE
Gates open: 3:45pm
Legends Challenge: 4:00pm
Kick-off: 5:35pm
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA
Hash-tag: Join the match conversation using #F3Derby & #CCMFC
I'm looking forward to the legend's game.

bikinigirl

Your guide to the #F3Derby
... snipped ...

Central Coast Leagues Club have also organised a jumping castle for the kids so make sure you bring the family along for Sunday afternoon football at Central Coast Stadium.

. oops !

. at least the article does mention Saturday a couple of times - I'd hate for this type of thing to cause someone to miss the game

Timmah

1.Ben KENNEDY, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent Buhagiar, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 19.Harry ASCROFT, 23.Wout BRAMA, 27.Lachlan WALES

Unavailable: 2.Storm ROUX (Lower back – 1 week), 7.Andrew HOOLE (suspended – 1 week), 21.Kye ROWLES (knee – 1 week)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/okon-names-provisional-f3derby-squad

Yoda

I can't see the line-up being any different to this;
---------------Glover--------------
McGing--Baro--Golec--JRose
--------Hiariej---Brama-----------
Appiah------DaSilva-------Pain
---------------Asdrubal-------------
Bench: Kennedy, LRose, Bingham, Berry, Buhagiar. (Possibly Wales for Buhagiar & Ascroft for Berry)

localpom

I can't see the line-up being any different to this;
---------------Glover--------------
McGing--Baro--Golec--JRose
--------Hiariej---Brama-----------
Appiah------DaSilva-------Pain
---------------Asdrubal-------------
Bench: Kennedy, LRose, Bingham, Berry, Buhagiar. (Possibly Wales for Buhagiar & Ascroft for Berry)
I'd have Ascroft on the bench as potential cover for LB/RB over Berry. Other than that i think it's spot on.

Rowdy

Except that maybe, just maybe Kennedy gets the nod from Okon over Glover as the #1 for the first game.

(not that I'd like that to happen, Glover has impressed me far more than what I've seen from both of them in pre-season)

Rowdy

I'd have Ascroft on the bench as potential cover for LB/RB over Berry. Other than that i think it's spot on.
Agree, offers far more versatility.
Berry at just DM
Harry at DM, RB & anywhere in the Back4

And despite Ascroft most likely NOT being 90mins match fit ...... we're talking about a spot on the bench.

Yoda

Except that maybe, just maybe Kennedy gets the nod from Okon over Glover as the #1 for the first game.

(not that I'd like that to happen, Glover has impressed me far more than what I've seen from both of them in pre-season)
Paulo said on the podcast that the keeper who would start the season would get 90 minutes against Sydney FC in the pre-season game. Glover played that game, so I think he will start.

Big Al

Couple of little injuries, shows why a Roux didn't play against SFC.

With DDS not ready for 90mins and no Hoole need Berry or Powell on bench or both.

Bench for me: Kennedy L Rose Berry/Powell Trent and Appiah. Paulo likes to sub the wingers and DDS can't go 90

Would like to turn Appiah into a backup RB. Busts his gut on defence to get back and can play attacking as well. Just would need a lot of position training.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred